Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

(Some of the creative ideas seem worse than Dan Didio to me)

In any case, I think all the people who want to lock down or bring back the top tier talent are correct. Basically the culture of DC needs to be talent-friendly.

That, and I'd try to increase my marketing budget as we don't see a lot of comics ads for comics outside of comics.

Incredible Member

Given how popular batman's penis was i'd be looking at exploiting Superman's gooch in a maxi series.

Extraordinary Member

I forgot to mention in my previous post. I would absolutely stop focusing so much on Batman and Batman characters as the center of the DC Universe. Batman and his family work best as street-level characters with occasional forays into high-flying adventure, either through the JLA or his battles with Ra's al Ghul. He shouldn't be the center of a multiversal event like Dark Knights: Metal.

I would also give a much bigger push to Wonder Woman, especially since she's the star of a huge blockbuster movie franchise currently. I would put a top-tier writer and artist on her title. I remember Matt Fraction once said he wanted to write Wonder Woman back when he was at Marvel. Well, he's finally at DC and he's writing...Jimmy Olsen? Not to knock that title because it's an utter delight, but I would give him Wonder Woman with Olivier Coipel on art and let him go hog wild.

I would also try and coax Donny Cates over from Marvel and give him whatever character was currently available. I think he'd actually be a great fit for a Dr. Fate book.

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Remove Bendis from Superman, let him work on other characters.
    Actually, I would keep Bendis on Superman but keep him ONLY on Superman titles. Here's the thing about Bendis: he's an incredible writer...when he's focused on only one or two titles. What ends up happening with him a lot of the time is he takes on way too much and then the quality of his work begins to suffer. It's what happened with a lot of his Marvel work and I can see it happening again with his DC work. If I were the new Publisher, I would say to him "look, Brian, we love you on Superman, but you're going to only be writing Superman and Action Comics for right now, not Superman, Action Comics, Naomi, Event Leviathan, Leviathan: Dawn, Young Justice, and Legion of Superheroes."
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-27-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Actually, I would keep Bendis on Superman but keep him ONLY on Superman titles. Here's the thing about Bendis: he's an incredible writer...when he's focused on only one or two titles. What ends up happening with him a lot of the time is he takes on way too much and then the quality of his work begins to suffer. It's what happened with a lot of his Marvel work and I can see it happening again with his DC work. If I were the new Publisher, I would say to him "look, Brian, we love you on Superman, but you're going to only be writing Superman and Action Comics for right now, not Superman, Action Comics, Naomi, Event Leviathan, Leviathan: Dawn, Young Justice, and Legion of Superheroes."
    Uhhh no, he got rid of the Rebirth Costume which was fantastic and put those idiot trunks back on. Aged up Jon, nope needs to leave Superman ASAP.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Uhhh no, he got rid of the Rebirth Costume which was fantastic and put those idiot trunks back on. Aged up Jon, nope needs to leave Superman ASAP.
    I love the trunks on Superman so, yeah, that's a plus for me. And Jon being aged up isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are at least a few story options there to be explored, even some that eventually see him de-aged again. So, that just needs to be explored instead of moving him to Legion of Superheroes where he doesn't even interact with his Superfamily.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I love the trunks on Superman so, yeah, that's a plus for me. And Jon being aged up isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are at least a few story options there to be explored, even some that eventually see him de-aged again. So, that just needs to be explored instead of moving him to Legion of Superheroes where he doesn't even interact with his Superfamily.
    How is jon being turned into just a personalityless bland archetype of a superboy and nothing else not a bad thing? He had jon be featured in issues and issues of books. Yet, snyder does a better job with few panels.The guy doesn't get the character nor the voice. It's as simple as that.So, he writes him as clark kent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    How is jon being turned into just a personalityless bland archetype of a superboy and nothing else not a bad thing? He had jon be featured in issues and issues of books. Yet, snyder does a better job with few panels.The guy doesn't get the character nor the voice. It's as simple as that.So, he writes him as clark kent.
    Well, I don't think he does, but that's me. Plus, I actually quite liked Bendis's voice for Clark, especially at the beginning of his run. But like I said, Bendis's work tends to suffer when he takes on too much. It's a pattern for him. He needs someone to tell him that he's doing too much and that he should just focus on doing one or two titles.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Well, I don't think he does, but that's me. Plus, I actually quite liked Bendis's voice for Clark, especially at the beginning of his run. But like I said, Bendis's work tends to suffer when he takes on too much. It's a pattern for him. He needs someone to tell him that he's doing too much and that he should just focus on doing one or two titles.
    Geoff Johns seems to have a similar problem.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

First thing? Cancel the 5G nonsense.

Reboot, and wipe out the last 20 years of crap publication.

Extraordinary Member

- enforce an "anti-decompression"-policy (especially in the high profile books and events)
    - more emphasis on stand alone Graphic Novels that are relatively light on continuity
    - have someone write "Bible" for the Batfamily (and maybe some of the other big franchises)

and if it somehow doable
    - undo the wired up and down ageing shenanigans
    - have the artists stick to official height of the characters

- 1 - Character need to portrayed consistently.
    - 2 - The trinity can only appear in 3 books each. That includes team books.
    - 3 - Establish clear continuity.
    - 4 - Massive relaunch for restored continuity, people seem to hate them but they boost sales massively.
    - 5 - Push digital and new media, the direct market is declining evolve or disappear
    - 6 - Promote diverse heroes, this isn't 1955 anymore. Make their contribution significant in universe. There's no point in creating them if you constantly rely on the trinity to solve the biggest problems.
    - 7 - Promote diverse villains, if there were better and more diverse villains we wouldn't constantly need to use heroes as antagonists.
    - 8 - Promote Black Label, it's a great place for out of continuity stories.
    - 9 - Hire young talent.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    First thing? Cancel the 5G nonsense.
    I think the reason why they haven't is they don't have anything to replace it with. It's too far along.
    Assassinate Putin!

1. Trim down the floppies to ones that sell.
    2. Introduce new characters., under utilized characters, etc on their Digital Platform.
    3. Set up the floppies to be one cohesive universe.
    4. Expand the Trade market
    5. Create a DCEU Brand and publish digital comics that bring together the movies better.
    6. Create a Elseworld brand for the out of Continuity comics.

Crisis at the DC Universe a 6 part mini series.

Stop at the end of Flashpoint erase the new 52 and make it as Barry had a bad dream.afterward 12 years had past n you can introduce characters like.new Wally.Jon Kent.as for the legion just introduce more minority based characters to the team.bring Brave and the Bold.DC Comics presents.Sensational Comic.World's Finest for b n c list characters who don't have their own Ongoing series.in addition incorporate Gen 13.the Authority.Wildcats ect into the dc universe.