Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'd hire a number of consultants to help me figure out feasible ways to start earning most of the comics income outside of the direct market while substantially increasing sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Quit. I’m not qualified for that job.
    ^the only real answer to this question for anyone on this forum
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Partial reboot the universe and erase all the sidekicks. Updated sensibilities. Wally will just start his career at 18 but Barry is still going.

But publish books using the Earth's made in Doomsday clock too.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    ^the only real answer to this question for anyone on this forum
    Boring answer for a wish fulfillment thread though, haha!

I guess I'd split up the books into different universes more?

You'd have for example, a Batman book that carries over more of the character's history, and one that's more like... Batman Classic, less focus on the heavy continuity and more on just having fun and cool stories that any fan can pick up and understand. I'd do that with every character that already has more than one book. Superman gets to split up into something more like what Bendis is doing with the growing son and the United Planets, and one that's more like Triangle Era or the Bronze Age. Justice League splits between whatever is going on in the current series, and something more like the Satellite era. Etc.

Books like Legion, JSA and Teen Titans get cancellation immunity. If sales are down, don't cancel the title, just change the writer / artist team.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Censorship Sucks

1. Fire Bendis
    2. Put Jurgens back on Superman
    3. Cancel all books that sell under 40,000.
    4. Reduce all characters to one book initially with the exception of Batman and Superman. (no 13 Harley Quinn titles)
    5. Have a three year "no event" rule.
    6. Reprice all comics back at 2.99 and use news print paper.
    7. If any creators use their twitter to insult fans, they will be warned once and then terminated.
    8. No hires based off ethnicity or gender, you have to have a track record of selling lots of books to get hired.
    9. Bring back letters to the editor in each book.
    10. Realize that it is the majority of the fans who pay for the books and listen to them for what they want....then provide that! Don't waste time listening to a vocal minority on twitter. Crazy thing about business, give the majority what they want and you should be successful.
    11.Nightwing is Dick Grayson again.
    12. 5G...never discussed again.
    13. Tom King is let go...and offered a free 12 years of therapy.
    14.No variant covers

Those are just a couple of ideas.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    You know those new/old worlds revealed in DOOMSDAY CLOCK? Let's go revisit them in some detail. I *really* want to know what's going on in the world of Earth-1985.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Except, what will be the difference?they have made earth-0 into Earth-1985. I would rather they visit Earth-2.

BANNED

Earth 0 is cluter earth with real time. Earth 1985 is pre crisis Earth 1 with no merge or anyone dying from Crisis.

Astonishing Member

Relegate Geoff Johns to non-continuity/flashback stories. While talented, he's not moving the industry forward constantly drawing from better stories 30 years ago.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    • limit Batman and Superman to their titles and Justice League, Action and Detective are now anthology series to showcase characters who don't have titles
    Good plan. Detective could be Tim Drake's book (it has been handed over to Batwoman before, so why not a Robin?), and Action could be Conner's. The more recent Robin and Superboy (Damian and Jon) would each also have a book, named after their codenames.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Except, what will be the difference?they have made earth-0 into Earth-1985. I would rather they visit Earth-2.
    I have known and felt the difference with every atom of my comics-loving soul for the past thirty five years.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Put PAD on Aquaman. Or Johns back on it

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good plan. Detective could be Tim Drake's book (it has been handed over to Batwoman before, so why not a Robin?), and Action could be Conner's. The more recent Robin and Superboy (Damian and Jon) would each also have a book, named after their codenames.
    Well teen titans is Damian's book and Legion is Jon's, honestly Bendis did a good job with the first 5 issues of young justice and after that was awful and Tim's new identity was so badly done...

Fire Harras, get some fresh perspective in that office.

Create two edicts: One, tell the Generation 1-4 story as was indended, just without the replacement 5G eventuality. The stories just continue from that platform from then on out, with all the history.
    Two, create a secondary line re-creating Earth-1. This imprint starts the a new DC Earth from scratch. The young classics, with lots of freedom to shape them in new ways. The historical line is told in an imprint titled DC-0, while the secondary one is in a line called DC-1. The former would naturally be a larger line because of its longevity and larger cast.

After those edicts, I follow Ulysses' model and quit so they can hire someone more qualified, and all they have to do is follow those two things.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-22-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I have known and felt the difference with every atom of my comics-loving soul for the past thirty five years.

I didn't mean to hurt your sentiments. All i am saying is tthat, major changes (except for maybe superman) has been changed back. Yeah! Except for dead parent of barry. Kinda ironic they turned the freakin superman into everyman. They did the reverse with barry.