Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    Well teen titans is Damian's book and Legion is Jon's, honestly Bendis did a good job with the first 5 issues of young justice and after that was awful and Tim's new identity was so badly done...
    Not for much longer. We already know Damian's leaving the Titans, go look at the April solicits. And if 5G's meant to make Jon the new Superman, he won't be staying with the Legion for very long either.

Though that's not the topic of this thread. This is about what you'd do if you're in charge. And I don't think those characters should be limited to team books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Create two edicts: One, tell the Generation 1-4 story as was indended, just without the replacement 5G eventuality. The stories just continue from that platform from then on out, with all the history.
    Two, create a secondary line re-creating Earth-1. This imprint starts the a new DC Earth from scratch. The young classics, with lots of freedom to shape them in new ways. The historical line is told in an imprint titled DC-0, while the secondary one is in a line called DC-1. The former would naturally be a larger line because of its longevity and larger cast.

After those edicts, I follow Ulysses' model and quit so they can hire someone more qualified, and all they have to do is follow those two things.
    That Earth-1 thing sounds like the Ultimate Universe. That's what New 52 should've been. An alternate continuity, not a reboot.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-22-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

resign and push Karen Berger into the job

Incredible Member

Well, I would bring back the following books:

Brave and the Bold
    DC Presents
    DC Showcase
    World's Finest
    Trinity
    Elseworlds
    Sensation Comics

Brave and the Bold would be for Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman to team up with other heroes in the DCU.
    DC Presents would be for those characters who don't have a monthly (or bimonthly). They'd be standalone stories/comics that could be repackaged as graphic novels.
    DC Showcase would be an annual event where original characters could be introduced, or to show off new talent on the publishing level.
    World Finest features Batman and Superman
    Trinity features BM, SM and WW, of course.
    Elseworlds can feature any thing relating the the multiverse (including a JSA from "Earth 2"), or beyond.
    Sensation Comics would be WW's second book.

My goal would be to dramatically decrease the universal storylines. Use and focus on each character in their own series and make those strong and popular series. Then once strong characters and series exist, there will be a real demand from people who WANT to read teamups and not those who feel they HAVE to read them. And yes, DC has done some of this, but the focus has been on multiversal fixing plots which seemingly never end.

BANNED

1)Give barry and Wally a solo each
    2)Pair this current Lanterns;Hal and Kyle,Guy and Jessica,Baz and John and restore the Green lantern franchise to prominence.
    3)getting rid off young justice and that generation(tim and co)
    4)established generations:
    1)JSA
    2)JLA
    3)original Titans(Dick and wally)
    4)outlaws(Jason and roy)
    5)teen titans(Damien,Jon,Wallace,Jay and Iris)basically everyone has a family connection to the JLA.
    6)the only Bat Family members are Dick,Jason,Damien,Barbara and Alfred
    7)Restore Icon with statistic shock as the flagship
    8)Make earth one books come more frequently
    9)hire by merit and results if you don't sell you are out
    10)event comics every 5 to 7 years and let the lines flow.
    Last edited by LP22; 02-23-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not for much longer. We already know Damian's leaving the Titans, go look at the April solicits. And if 5G's meant to make Jon the new Superman, he won't be staying with the Legion for very long either.

Though that's not the topic of this thread. This is about what you'd do if you're in charge. And I don't think those characters should be limited to team books.

That Earth-1 thing sounds like the Ultimate Universe. That's what New 52 should've been. An alternate continuity, not a reboot.
    Yup, Ultimate is the most recent example. But the larger inspiration is DC's own old model, Earth-One and Earth-Two during the pre-Crisis era.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I would experiment with distributing DC Comics in unconventional locations outside of comic stores.

Movie Theatres
    Streaming Services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime
    Supermarkets (beyond Walmart: Target, Safeway, etc)
    Vending Machines

Not all of this is going to work, but I feel it's the only shot to make the comic book "floppy" format mainstream and accessible again, as comic stores are dwindling down, and most likely going the way of the dinosaur in the next few decades.

There would initially be three titles available, both retooled as anthology series:

Action Comics

A title set in the future where the original Teen Titans have replaced their mentors

Featuring

Wonder Woman (Donna Troy)

The Flash (Wally West)

Batman (Dick Grayson)

Adventure Comics

A title dedicated to the teams of the same future era of the DCU

Justice League
    Teen Titans
    Suicide Squad

These titles will all be self contained and be made as cheaply as possible as to be sold for the lowest price possible.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 02-23-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Tough one. Hmm...first thing I'd do would be to have a flunky clean out Didio's office. Then I'd also take the one next door and either have a wall taken down, or a door put in. And a wet bar. Big screen too. Then I'd have the best DC collectibles shipped to my office...you know, for inspiration. Then I'd see if I could expense a vacation to someplace tropical to the company.

Then, after settling down in the luxury recliner I put to office expenses, and settling my Golden Parachute, and prank calling Ben Affleck, I'd maybe start thinking about that whole comic book thing. I'm sure I can work it out though.

Restore the Pre New 52 DCU with some alterations

Fire Bob Harras and Brian Bendis before they do more harm

Retire the Batman Who Laughs

Undo Wonder Woman killing Max Lord if they haven't done it already

Bringing back characters who should never have died

Update C and D level characters

As for the direct market all ongoing will be canceled in favor for select few prestige format Black Label miniseries starring older versions of the classic characters. Each series will have a popular, uncontroversial creative team that has a history of high sales

Batman
    Written by Robert Kirkman and Drawn by Todd McFarlane

Superman
    Written by Mark Millar Art by Joe Quesada

Wonder Woman
    Written by Brian K Vaughan Art by Fiona Staples

JSA
    Written by Kurt Busiek Drawn by Alex Ross

Legion of Superheroes
    Written by Jonathan Hickman Art by Greg Capullo

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Tough one. Hmm...first thing I'd do would be to have a flunky clean out Didio's office. Then I'd also take the one next door and either have a wall taken down, or a door put in. And a wet bar. Big screen too. Then I'd have the best DC collectibles shipped to my office...you know, for inspiration. Then I'd see if I could expense a vacation to someplace tropical to the company.

Then, after settling down in the luxury recliner I put to office expenses, and settling my Golden Parachute, and prank calling Ben Affleck, I'd maybe start thinking about that whole comic book thing. I'm sure I can work it out though.
    DC hire this guy

Create some real stakes. Currently, the DCU is as interesting as a stale fart.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Quit. I’m not qualified for that job.
    Heh. You're in good company here. All I know is actually having the position would be a lot harder than talking about it here.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I would have one timeline and stick with it.

No relaunches.

No reboots.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I would have one timeline and stick with it.

No relaunches.

No reboots.
    I agree in theory, at least for my own enjoyment. Problem being what I don't like about the current status quo. I have always preferred one continuity. Until Marvel when screwed things up, I only read Marvel (well, actually, I did read some others, but not DC) because I'd read about COIE, and didn't want a universe with reboots. The thing is, unfortunately, it seems like #1s sell. And killing off characters bumps sales. And the events bump sales. And I don't like any of them as currently typically used. I don't know if they really are damaging in the long-run, but they seem to help the bottom line in the short-run, and that keeps people in employed.