Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. You're in good company here. All I know is actually having the position would be a lot harder than talking about it here.
    Obviously, you have no idea how I at least would perform the job. Every other candidate mouths platitudes about giving it 110%. I'm going to be upfront with the good folks at DC, and you, the common people. I intend to give this job at least 33 and a third percent of my mind and body. For about 5 hours a day, Monday to Friday, if it isn't a holiday, and yes, National Pancake Day counts as a holiday.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Obviously, you have no idea how I at least would perform the job. Every other candidate mouths platitudes about giving it 110%. I'm going to be upfront with the good folks at DC, and you, the common people. I intend to give this job at least 33 and a third percent of my mind and body. For about 5 hours a day, Monday to Friday, if it isn't a holiday, and yes, National Pancake Day counts as a holiday.
    lol

Well, I'm rooting for you to get the position now!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'd bring back the JSA, as close as possible to the original group (with Wonder Woman included.) It wouldn't take place in World War Two, but the modern era.

I like the current Shazam book. Modernizing the characters in this way could also work for the original JSA.

As other users have said "quit" or "Find someone better to help" would be the best thing to do. But to play along, I have a few things.

-Stop/ get rid off 5G and the new Timeline.
    - Keep making out of continuity Graphic Novels for a range of audiences with new writers with experience of writing for said audiences (Young Adult authors for YA Graphic Novels for example)
    -Relating to the above point. Try and stretch out and find new writers from other writing professions.
    -Prioritise Trade collections, Omnibuses and reprints of stuff that has never been or rarely been collected.
    -No events for a year or two.
    -Try to get back to what Rebirth was supposed to be about. Like more hope and bringing back all the stuff fans like from before the New 52 whilst still keeping all the good stuff from the New 52.
    Last edited by KC; 02-23-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Constable of Continuity Gero4568's Avatar

Fire Bob Harras.

Limit the amount of titles Batman and Superman can star in to their own titles and Justice League.

Make Action and Detection anthology series focusing on other characters in their respective franchises.

Give the JSA and the Titans ongoing series.

Hire Jonathan Hickman.

Restore Wally West and the rest of his generation.

Have a team of writers craft a very, very comprehensive series laying out the History of the DCU. Make all editors and creative teams stick to it.

Use IPs more strategically. Black Lightning, Batwoman, Green Arrow and the Doom Patrol all deserve their own ongoings.

Hire an actual marketing team.

Less major crossovers.

Get James Robinson back.

Contact the McDuffie estate and bring Milestone back as soon as possible.

Bring the Vertigo and Wildstorm imprints back. Have their publications be considered canonical to the larger DCU.

No rules on weddings.

No "kill lists."

No prioritizing which characters can or cannot be featured.

No more reboots.

Give more prominence to Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman.

More team-up books.

Less titles.
    Pull List: Detective Comics, Batman, Flash, Justice League, Future State

The government wants the truth. I want the truth. And one way or another, we're all going to get it

-Donna Troy

Extraordinary Member

1) Fire Bob Harras

2) Completely reverse the changes made by the New 52 (whatever ones still remain) unless I actually like it, in which case I retcon it so it fits with the Pre-Flashpoint DCU

3) Restore Wally West's continuity and give him his own Flash book to run concurrently with Barry's

4) Restore the Titans franchise to prominence by launching a whole new Titans book starring Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Pantha, and Wally West focusing on bringing fresh new concepts into the franchise, not just having them battle Deathstroke or Trigon or Brother Blood.

Incredible Member

Make myself a nice cup of tea and then spend rest of the day coming up with the most deranged line up i could think of written by worlocks, misanthropes, and recovering dmt users. Sacked within 2 weeks.

Boring stuff - batman, tec, action, and superman should be top 10 month in month out. They are the prestige titles in US comics and all 4 should be dominating. Get the girls / women reading DC again - based on fact Sandman seemed popular with girls - a 'literary' comic to get them back in - and i need something 'urban' to make DC the comic of choice for da yout' who might otherwise totally avoid comics - that problem is for tomorrow tho as i will need to book in a melt down on twitter at some point too

release Milestone from their exclusive contract, but green-light anything they'd like to pitch.

Hire Christopher Priest as an editor/writer.

First thing I'd do is install a hot tub in my office.

After that, I'd write and launch a book called mini crisis, with Didio as the big bad. Only he would be named the Diddionio, to protect the identity of those who may be otherwise implicated. Batman discovers that all this recent stuff - the Button, Heroes in Crisis, "Ric" - all were caused by the manipulations of Diddionio, the Terrible. Superman finds his lair in the Dark Matterverse, in a boring 1990s era condominium right next to the Batman who laughs. They are both reading foil cover comics with Bob Harras and laughing. Just as all the heroes are getting ready to go there and attack him and his minions, Brainiac appears from the future (the actual Brainiac, not the Bendis Brainiac) and says "whoa, hold on here I've got a better idea" and takes them to the Miracle Machine, where Wonder Woman wishes all of that away.

In the final pages of the final issue, panels include Wildfire and Dawny making out in space, Wally and Barry talking with all the Teen Titans that we lost, Dr. Manhattan waking up from what must have been some whack-ass dream and Dick, Alfred and Bruce all sitting down to dinner together with Stephanie Brown.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-24-2020 at 02:54 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

REBOOTS REBOOTS REBOOTS!

1) Fire everyone and replace them with cronies and yes men.

2) Cancel all the books featuring characters I don't like regardless of how well they are selling.

3) Yet another Superman reboot.

4) Yet another Hawkman reboot.

5) Kill off Dick Grayson.

6) Kill off Wally West.

7) Yet another Donna Troy reboot.

8) All titles will be events and crossovers all the time. You have to buy every title to follow what's going on.

9) Perpetual Crisis.

10) Undo all marriages.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Dick and cassandra as batman and robin

Censorship Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    REBOOTS REBOOTS REBOOTS!

2) Cancel all the books featuring characters I don't like regardless of how well they are selling.

6) Kill off Wally West.

8) All titles will be events and crossovers all the time. You have to buy every title to follow what's going on.

9) Perpetual Crisis.

10) Undo all marriages.
    Didio beat you to it! haha

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

1. Promote Scott Snyder and have him work with Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison

2. Completely undo most everything from New 52

3. Bring back Vertigo

4. A new Legends of The Dark Knight, DC Presents, and Brave and the Bold
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    REBOOTS REBOOTS REBOOTS!

6) Kill off Wally West.

9) Perpetual Crisis.

10) Undo all marriages.
    I found Dan, Guys! How are you doing with all this Change Mr DiDio
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

1) Stop putting the top talent on Black label, non canon, books and put them on monthly titles that matter.
    2) Send Barry back to the grave and restore Wally as the Flash
    3) Fix the OG Titans (Dick, Donna, etc) and restore Cyborg as a NTT.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-