Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Sinister taught the High Evolutionary genetics.
    Interesting. Forgot they had history.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Sinister taught the High Evolutionary genetics.
    I think they used to be partners so it was kind of a shared knowledge imo.

Sinister recorded the DNA of all known mutants. Perhaps he simply looked at the public records of where Magneto killed the towns people. Would be easy to find out where Anya is buried. Lately Sinister involved himself with Inhuman DNA. He’s a mad scientist with plenty going on.
    I agree he has plenty going on for him, when he´s written well he can be pretty terrifiying but the thing is that Anya´s dead is pretty much a secret Magneto holds close, of the X-men I think only Storm and Charles know about it and Xavier had to find this out from Dr Strange using his eye of Agamotto because Erik didn´t told him anything about her. So yes I can see Sinister seeking that record to know what happened but maybe he would not find enough evidence to guess what happened.

But you know what, someone he does had a very strong influence on was Polaris, he made malice control her to get her power and in X-Factor he seemed to be very interested in her who knows if it was just for her power or her relatioship with Havok or both. So yes Sinister may have had a lot to do with Zaladane relatioship with Lorna but I doubt he knew about Anya.

In the case of High evolutionary he keeps finding himself mingled with Magneto´s family story one way or the other with or without retcon, he was there at the birth of Wanda and Pietro, after the retcon knew about how the twins mother died, he helped Magneto in his search for a solution for M-Day and Magneto has used Wundagore mountain as a base of operations sometimes, there´s a link between those characters that has not been explored yet.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think they used to be partners so it was kind of a shared knowledge imo.

I agree he has plenty going on for him, when he´s written well he can be pretty terrifiying but the thing is that Anya´s dead is pretty much a secret Magneto holds close, of the X-men I think only Storm and Charles know about it and Xavier had to find this out from Dr Strange using his eye of Agamotto because Erik didn´t told him anything about her. So yes I can see Sinister seeking that record to know what happened but maybe he would not find enough evidence to guess what happened.

But you know what, someone he does had a very strong influence on was Polaris, he made malice control her to get her power and in X-Factor he seemed to be very interested in her who knows if it was just for her power or her relatioship with Havok or both. So yes Sinister may have had a lot to do with Zaladane relatioship with Lorna but I doubt he knew about Anya.

In the case of High evolutionary he keeps finding himself mingled with Magneto´s family story one way or the other with or without retcon, he was there at the birth of Wanda and Pietro, after the retcon knew about how the twins mother died, he helped Magneto in his search for a solution for M-Day and Magneto has used Wundagore mountain as a base of operations sometimes, there´s a link between those characters that has not been explored yet.
    Could be he did not know she was Magneto's daughter. He just heard reports of mutant shenanigans, investigated, found out about a suspected mutants and that said mutant's daughter died in the fire, did a little grave robbing and got a genetic sample. Later...after getting Magneto's and Lorna's samples he matches them.

Zaladane also worked for the High Evolutionary:

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Zaladane also worked for the High Evolutionary:

I suspect some retcons have gone on over the years. What is her official backstory now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I suspect some retcons have gone on over the years. What is her official backstory now?
    She doesn't really have an explored origin.

Nobody knows why she was in the Savage Land or how she became High Priestess to Garokk and Queen of the Sun People. She had magic under unknown circumstances (could be attributed to her being a mutant, but it's never confirmed). She rose to power after her "master" High Evolutionary left the Savage Land and his citadel/equipment behind, which led to her wanting Polaris's powers.

While it's not confirmed Zaladane is Lorna's sister, the Transmutator machine only worked with genetically compatible matches (confirmed by Moira). So they had to be at least distantly related.

Havok also comments that they share an undeniable resemblance.

That said, I've always seen Zaladane as significantly older than Lorna (especially given her early days in the Savage Land in the 60's and 70's).

It's also interesting that Magneto killed Zaladane because he saw too much of himself in her, further backing the implication that she's related to him in some way.

Zaladane is a character I don't think can really be explored or have her options utilized much unless a) Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's kids again, b) Marvel keeps Lorna as Magneto's kid without trying to discount, undermine or toxify it, and c) Marvel cares about Lorna enough to actually do things with her and consider her POV for once. Zaladane's actions and existence need to have a meaningful, discernible impact. Otherwise there's no point. And the only way to really get that is by how her actions and existence work within the context of other characters - of which the Magnus family already has built-in history.

Before Lorna's origin story, I remember a fan suggesting that maybe Zaladane was Lorna's mom. For some Sindel from Mortal Kombat vibes. Someone else also pointed out the theory of her being Magneto's first daughter.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I appreciate Zala! I always thought her connection with Lorna, and in turn Lorna's connection with Malice, could one day be interesting stories to be told.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Could be he did not know she was Magneto's daughter. He just heard reports of mutant shenanigans, investigated, found out about a suspected mutants and that said mutant's daughter died in the fire, did a little grave robbing and got a genetic sample. Later...after getting Magneto's and Lorna's samples he matches them.
    Yes I could see that happening but imo it´s a long shot in possibilities, even in the comics we have seen Magda´s grave but not Anya´s and Sinister always focused more on the summers family tree than in any other.

I appreciate Zala! I always thought her connection with Lorna, and in turn Lorna's connection with Malice, could one day be interesting stories to be told.
    Agree there seems to be a connection there Claremont wanted to make between them but he left so a new writer will have to tackle the story. So far the theory I like more is that she´s a kind of first generation Chimera made by Sinister or maybe she´s related to the High Evolutionary using Mangeto´s family genetic samples.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-24-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

As much as I hate clone stories, I could go with Zaladane being Lorna's cloned sister.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    As much as I hate clone stories, I could go with Zaladane being Lorna's cloned sister.
    A clone of Lorna or a clone of Anya??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    A clone of Lorna or a clone of Anya??
    I'm cool with either

The Children of M (Magneto) would make a good book to read.

Spectacular Member

CMIIW, but beside Magneto no one really knows where Anya was buried...
    RCO009_1582313171.jpgRCO010_1582313171.jpgRCO012_1582313171.jpg

And it should stay that way. Magneto's origin is flawless, no one should ever meddle with Claremont's masterpiece...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t know Sinister didn´t formally meet Magneto, acording to Hickman, until he made that alliance with Xavier
    Where was that stated? We know per XMen Legacy Sinister had been experimenting on Xavier since childhood, that hasnt been retconned. He coulda known of Magneto since before their meeting in PoX, he just didnt let them know that.

I like the idea of Zaladane as Magnetos daughter. She and Polaris can completely supplant those other two, incljding having a complex and conflicted relationship with each other and their father. And her ties to magic would be interesting considering what Apocalypse is currently doing.