Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Comics writing definitely has its own grammar, style, and requirements. The qualities of story itself might be similar, but the way it is conveyed is drastically different.

Seanan McGuire, who started out writing fanfic, then got her breakthrough as a prose writer, but now writes Ghostspider for Marvel (apart from her normal prose writing gigs) has mentioned that she had to relearn a lot of writing when she started doing comics. I could also see it with China Miéville, one of the absolute top innovative writers in the sf and fantasy field this century, where his comics doesn't feel like anything special at all.

One of the huge differences that I have noted myself is that with prose, what matters the most to convey in text is the emotional reaction of the character to the things they see. But in comics, that emotional content is handled by the art. In that specific way, film writing is closer to comics.

But what I really think would be cool would be to recruit some active poets writing comics. The sparse text associated with poetry would suit itself to the comics format, and comics would have a reach that leaves most poetry (outside that written for mainstream music) in the dust.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

They should give Gwenda Bond a Lois & Clark series.