View Poll Results: Who has the worst rogues gallery?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hulk

24 26.67%
  • Iron Man

46 51.11%
  • Thor

10 11.11%
  • Captain America

10 11.11%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Who has the worst rogues-gallery?

Who has the worst rogues-gallery?

Spectacular Member

This is probably biased because don't really read the Hulk, but just out of recognition from other comics, movies, games, etc, the only major Hulk villain I can think of is Abomination, and (from what I remembered) he died. The other 3 may not have as long a list of major villains like Batman or Spider-Man, but they definitely have some heavy hitters - Loki, Red Skull, etc.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Probably the Hulk, aside from the Leader and the Abomination he doesn't have many villains of note
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

I've never been fond of Iron Man's rogues gallery -- Melter, Unicorn, etc.

Lol, I remember in his second appearance Tales of Suspense #40 he fought a giant caveman alien robot!

That said, though, like any rogues gallery, there are ups and downs. I DO like Titanium Man, Mandarin, and Crimson Dynamo.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'll take Leader, Abonimation, T-Bolt Ross/Rulk, Tyrannus, Maestro, and the U-Foes.

I just don't find any of Cap's villains all that interesting.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    Probably the Hulk, aside from the Leader and the Abomination he doesn't have many villains of note
    Add the Absorbing man to that list and I fully agree. But he may be more of a Thor villian than Hulk never really could tell.

Extraordinary Member

Out of those four-probably Cap.

Red Skull is a great villain and argueably so is Armin Zola but nearly every Cap villian of note(Crossbones, Sin, Zola, Dr. Faustus) is now or started out as a Red Skull henchman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Out of those four-probably Cap.

Red Skull is a great villain and argueably so is Armin Zola but nearly every Cap villian of note(Crossbones, Sin, Zola, Dr. Faustus) is now or started out as a Red Skull henchman.
    Well Cap also usually deals with Hydra, Modok, Aim, and other terrorist type villains too. Out of the four I might vote him 2nd or 3rd worst.....

Iron man has a lot of villains, so it's hard for me to judge if they're the worst. Same with Cap; A lot of his enemies are built around World War II, or patriotic themes. My complaint with Thor is that he doesn't have a lot of Earth based villains.

Out of the four probably Cap's villains aren't anything noteworthy beyond Skull and Zola. Thor's rogues gallery is considerably more impressive than the others'.

Ultimate Member

Thor, Iron Man and Captain America have a pretty decent range of villains. Thor's fought space pirates, Iron Man's been spat around through time to oppose Morgana le Fey and Captain America's fought an entire team of mutants. If the three were limited to Asgardian menaces, dudes-in-suits-of-armor and Flag-Smasher / swarthy furrigners, it would indeed get kind of stale.

But the Hulk's rogue's gallery seems to be more 'gamma-irradiated brute, gamma-irradiated brute of a different color and, oh, this is different, gamma-irradiated *genius!*' Eh. When the most exciting new development in the last thirty years has been that the same guy who has *always* been your enemy (General Thunderbolt Ross) has become yet another gamma-irradiated brute, only with the totally shocking development of not being green like everyone else you fight, that's.... not so fresh.

'Ooh, after forty years of fighting Dr. Doom, now we are going to really shake things up by... fighting Dr. Doom again! Only, he's wearing a red cape instead of a green cape, so it's *totally different!*'

And after Red Rage Hulk, we'll have Yellow Fear Hulk and Purple Love Hulk, I suppose.

Cap has the best enemies, (Red Skull, Baron Zemo, Serpent Society, Scourge, Madame Hydra, etc.) They have very interesting visual designs and compliment the hero well in their differing ideologies.

Iron Man sadly, has the worst. If they are not another opponent in an armored suit (Crimson Dynamo, who is currently a hero) then they usually seem "out of Tony's weight-class" (Unicorn, Scarecrow, Blacklash) and not particularly threatening. Ghost I like, because his power enables him to steal Stark's secrets and his anti-corporation agenda makes him a polar opposite to Tony. Mandarin is ok, but depending on how he is depicted can come off as a racist caricature. Ezekiel Stane (like Killian in the movie) usually doesn't wear any kind of interesting costume or have any identifiable physical features, kind of dull (imo.)

Thor's is pretty good, but he has the benefit of a lot of Norse Mythology to pull from (Loki, Surtur, Midgard Serpent, etc. as well as those that are in some way influenced by it such Enchantress, Kurse, etc.)

Hulk doesn't seem to have a lot of great enemies (Abomination, Leader, Bi-Beast, ZZazaxx, U-Foes, etc.) but since he often depicted as much as a threat as he is a hero, a lot of his time is spent either throwing down with other heroes (the Thing, Wolverine, Doc Samson, Avengers, etc.) or being pursued by the U.S. government (General Ross, his primary "rogue" if you ask me.)

Worst Rogues gallery not on the list, probably Captain Marvel (Deathbird and..... maybe Mystique? Although she is more of an X-Men enemy nowadays.) and the Punisher. (Because he kills them all!)

Extraordinary Member

I'd pick Iron Man from that list.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And after Red Rage Hulk, we'll have Yellow Fear Hulk and Purple Love Hulk, I suppose.
    Made my day!

BANNED

Hulk and Iron Man to me are the worst. Great heroes lousy rogues gallery to define them.