Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Isn't that a sunset in the distance?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Isn't that a sunset in the distance?
    In the train? It is. But even with a sunset (which has orange light, if the place has high enough humidity. I know because here it's the norm if it's not cloudy and Mr Sun gets to show its face), people aren't* pink like that. The side that's facing the light is usually more warm coloured than their shadows. The shadows can be pinkish, but also less saturated. For the scene in the Lounge, it could work, kind of, it the light is really strong and warm and the place has some cold lighting in the less lighted corners or shadows; but that pink is still too light and saturated, or I feel like it's too light and saturated.

I don't know. It's just my instincts, that are telling me that it shouldn't be so pink. Perhaps I'm just nitpicking, I'm not a professional after all.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-24-2020 at 03:07 PM. Reason: fixing some mistakes

Please don't get me wrong. I don't like the pink either.
    I just feel like the colorist tried to express some light-on-skin-play but didn't get it right.

Please don't get me wrong. I don't like the pink either.
    I just feel like the colorist tried to express some light-on-skin-play but didn't get it right.
    Well, to be fair, it's hard to get right. Light effects are a challenge :/.
    Edit: and green is even trickier. This is me trying some effects with warm green and cold blue-purple lighting. There is a white light base too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-24-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, to be fair, it's hard to get right. Light effects are a challenge :/.
    Edit: and green is even trickier. This is me trying some effects with warm green and cold blue-purple lighting. There is a white light base too.
    Nice coloring. Looks good

It would be nice if we could have a more permanent artistic team on RH:O again. Guest artists are nice but I'd still prefer it when a story arc is drawn by the same artist and colorist.

Nice coloring. Looks good

It would be nice if we could have a more permanent artistic team on RH:O again. Guest artists are nice but I'd still prefer it when a story arc is drawn by the same artist and colorist.
    Thank you!

A regular artistic team can do a lot of good. Or, in the case of rotating artists, art with a certain style that works with the story. I always recall the example of Fraction/Aja's Hawkeye run. It had rotating artists; but for each artist, there was some kind of purpose behind. Aja was the one for the main story with Clint, Wu was Kate's story; Pulido made the art for the stories that dealt with Madam Mask (besides Kate's main); Francavilla did the story that dealt with flashbacks that shared a certain mood (Clint's and Clown's childhood); and then you had that stand alone bizarre cartoon story by Eliopoulos that was perfect for that art. Working with the same colourist for most of the issues also helped a lot in giving the book an appealing smoothness.

I don't know if they were looking for it, but it's one of the things that make me love that run.

Is it just me or is Artemis a little harsh? Especially compared to last issue. I feel like I'm missing context.

Is it just me or is Artemis a little harsh? Especially compared to last issue. I feel like I'm missing context.
    Jason seems a bit hurt by her handling him. So yeah, I think we're missing context, or maybe they're going to deal with that aspect of their banter going too far in this arc. Seems kind of fitting for an issue to deal with in the drama side, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-25-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

This issue was so much better than the previous ones. With a clear focus and direction about where the story will go. A few unexpected appearances and twists along the way as well. As long it doesn't get derailed by editorial, this must be a good arc.

Agreed. And clearly a "set up" issue for the arc as well. Jason revealing the Untitled to Artemis and Biz, Isabella being taken over by Essence (she better be nice to Dog though!), and Susie Sue more annoyed then anything at being killed.

Haha XD.

No one can say that Lobdell doesn't try new, creative (even if not original) ways of coming with bizarre stories, being for better or worse. Which is what makes this book so fun.

I just hope, if he is really going to leave, that the new writer is at least this fun and ridiculous yet serious and fun.

Edit: I finished reading this month's issue. It was pretty good. It definitely feels like Lobdell is wrapping the book, tying loose ends, closing plots. It had nice pacing, some really fun jokes and puns, cool mysteries and some answers alongside a few new questions. I definitely felt like Jason was suffering here of some complex, he felt left out of Artemis and Bizarro's dynamic and teamwork, and he feels a little, I don't know, distracted. Seems like he's going through one of his down mood times. And Artemis and Bizarro felt a bit too harsh towards him, definitely. This is ùre drama knocking at next issue¡'s door. Perhaps we even get to know a bit more about the Gunn family background, even.

Art was... I can't say I liked it. It probably is good for other types of comics, but I don't thing it's suitable for this one kind. I didn't like the pencils or the layouts. Colour was OK in the end but for that weird choice with the pink that we were discussing. There were a few things that were nice, but, overall, I'm not a fan.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-26-2020 at 12:22 PM. Reason: phrasing

Incredible Member

A little disappointed in the artwork. And that Artemis doesn't have her hair grown back to her ponytail in the story yet unlike the cover. Hope the visuals improve soon since it's likely that rumors about it being cancelled at #50 in order to make room in the 5g relaunch may be true. Here's hoping for a satisfying conclusion and I'll be able to look back this fondly despite a rough third quarter or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Suzie is trans?

I'm surprised how much I liked the issue.
    I wasn't sold on the preview and I'm not a fan of the art but the story itself is awesome.

RHatO is on its best when it feels like its own little universe that's independent of the rest.

Suzie is trans?

I'm surprised how much I liked the issue.
    I wasn't sold on the preview and I'm not a fan of the art but the story itself is awesome.

RHatO is on its best when it feels like its own little universe that's independent of the rest.
    Yeah, didn't know that myself.

More you know.