Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Wasn't that kind of stated or implied back in the new 52, when she was introduced? I think I recall reading it, or guessing about it.
    I remember that too. I don't think it's every been "officially" confirmed in the comic but I've seen it mentioned a few times online.

Wasn't that kind of stated or implied back in the new 52, when she was introduced? I think I recall reading it, or guessing about it.
    I guess I missed it.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

It was mentioned in passing in one interview with Lobdell. I don't know exactly which one though.

It was never mentioned within the comics themselves.

I didn't read the interview and still got the idea, or the impression, by something else. Mmm... It wasn't from a fic either.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-04-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well, Tumblr threw a fit over Suzie back then.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

If I remember correctly there was some tension between Suzie and her father, or? Suzie being trans could at least be a possible explanation for the tension.
    I didn't like Suzie at first because her design was too over-exaggerated and the stories told made too much fun of her.
    But she grew on me. And seeing her and her sisters having a loving relationship is beautiful.
    So ... more Suzie and family please

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    If I remember correctly there was some tension between Suzie and her father, or? Suzie being trans could at least be a possible explanation for the tension.
    I didn't like Suzie at first because her design was too over-exaggerated and the stories told made too much fun of her.
    But she grew on me. And seeing her and her sisters having a loving relationship is beautiful.
    So ... more Suzie and family please
    She was too much of a parody of a villain until the annual before Roy's death, I think. Barely a few strokes of a character, and always exaggerated and shallow. Sometimes you just need to give a character some time and an actual story, even a background story, that has them as the center piece, to develop from a joke to an endearing character. Or, well, that's how I see it.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

She was too much of a parody of a villain until the annual before Roy's death, I think. Barely a few strokes of a character, and always exaggerated and shallow. Sometimes you just need to give a character some time and an actual story, even a background story, that has them as the center piece, to develop from a joke to an endearing character. Or, well, that's how I see it.
    That's true. The annual helped Suzie a lot. Especially, since it also introduced her sisters and showed her caring side. Finally some sibling relationships I can enjoy.
    I wish Crux would get a similar treatment. Crux never had the problem of being a parody of some kind - but he's underused.