Amazing Member

Default Looking for some interesting read based on my interests

Hi, soon I have anniversary and Im looking for a gift. I have only experience with Marvel, DC. What might bea good shot for me from Image? Im a gamer, enjoy Far Cry, Devil may cry, GTA, RDR 2 and from marvel I enjoyed punisher tv show, Dardevil, Luke Cage...basically all the netflix shows. Looking for some nice edition as a gift and also good starting point, absolute or deluxe edition if possible. Note, Im adult, middle age

Quote Originally Posted by MapleMatt View Post
    Hi, soon I have anniversary and Im looking for a gift. I have only experience with Marvel, DC. What might bea good shot for me from Image? Im a gamer, enjoy Far Cry, Devil may cry, GTA, RDR 2 and from marvel I enjoyed punisher tv show, Dardevil, Luke Cage...basically all the netflix shows. Looking for some nice edition as a gift and also good starting point, absolute or deluxe edition if possible. Note, Im adult, middle age
    First one that comes to mind based on your list is Criminal by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips. Also, maybe Death or Glory by Rick Remender and Bengal. And there is a revenge/car chase mini series by Justin Jordan and Matteo Scalera that I'm blanking on the name but I think it is Dead Body Road (they just announced an upcoming 2nd mini series in this world).
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Amazing Member

Thank you very much for the suggestions, will take a look for these titles, but have Criminal and looking for more editions in Deluxe, it might be also horror, not nessessarilly gangster stuff.
    Last edited by MapleMatt; 02-22-2020 at 11:50 AM.

There are sooo many good titles from Image that you should give a try. I used to be a big two comic reader only, mostly Marvel, but I have dived into the deep end of the magnificence that is Image. I’m kind of surprised Invincible was thrown at you by Capuga, just based on his avatar. It’s super hero comics at their absolute bloody finest. Criminal is a great recommendation, but get into everything else Ed Brubaker, especially Kill or Be Killed. Read Fatale, and by John Layman, Chew. Do a search on Amazon even if you’re not buying from them, just to see what other people bought that have looked at these. Then look up what seems interesting from there.
    You might be sent towards some of that Rick Remender already pointed out, like Black Science which I just finished and loved. You might be thrown at some Jonathan Hickman, another great writer with plenty of Image titles like East of West.
    And I’m going on a bit of a tangent on purpose. There are so many good reads out there once you expand your options. Anyhow, glad to see you’re here. Hope you enjoy what you find and that it keeps bringing more good stuff at you.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MapleMatt View Post

Here are a few others apart from Criminal you can look into. If you like the premise, check them out:
    East of West - Jonathan Hickman
    Lazarus - Greg Rucka

There are also some non-image comics that you may like including Incognito and Sleeper (both also by Brubaker); American Vampire by Scott Snyder and The Losers by Andy Diggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    There are sooo many good titles from Image that you should give a try. I used to be a big two comic reader only, mostly Marvel, but I have dived into the deep end of the magnificence that is Image. I’m kind of surprised Invincible was thrown at you by Capuga, just based on his avatar. It’s super hero comics at their absolute bloody finest.
    Invincible is definitely the best comic ever made, and if the OP wants some superhero action, it is by far the one to recommend.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki