View Poll Results: Who Should be DC's New Publisher ?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Karen Berger

17 24.29%
  • Mark Waid

7 10.00%
  • Grant Morrison

13 18.57%
  • Kurt Busiek

5 7.14%
  • Jim Shooter

9 12.86%
  • Other (You Pick)

19 27.14%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Both Dan DiDio and Jeanette Kahn were hired from outside the comics industry, so it wouldn't surprise me that this will be the tack Warners takes again.

It might be someone from young adult book publishing from Warner Books.

That would fit in with the other rumor that DC will be bringing in new writers from outside comics -- from TV and animation -- because they don't want to keep going back to the same limited talent pool.

In that regard, it would make sense that they get a fresh perspective in the top office.

I think for us as fans, it would be best so that the person they do hire doesn't come with any negative fan baggage. Better to have an unknown, so that we can focus on the characters and stories rather than the backstage drama.

However, if they DO hire from within the industry, I voted for Karen Berger, who besides fostering the comics that eventually became Vertigo, also edited lots of great superhero comics such as Legion of Super-Heroes (coming in at the tail end of Great Darkness) and George Perez's Wonder Woman revamp among others.

BANNED

Imagine Tom King or Scott Lobdell.

just about anyone except Geoff Johns or Grant Morrison, dear god not these guys; I just can't.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Morrison would make the best DC ever.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    In my humble opinion the best candidate to become Editor in Chief of the DC should be Jim Shooter, because he is one of the few persons who really understand what is damaging the comic industry today (like this interview proves), but he is old so I don't know if he is available; let's say I would love someone who think like Jim Shooter and with his capability and experience.
    Ever in my humble opinion, if I could hire Jim Shooter like Editor in Chief, I would also hire Kurt Busiek like Artistic Director, because what he wrote in the preface of Astro City Vol. 1 proves (at least to me) he understand very well what make the superhero comics great and what they need to become great again.

P.S. Like I wrote in the Batman section, I would give the entire franchise of Batman to the staff of "Batman; the animated series".
    Shooter is a nightmare to work with, that wouldn't be tolerated today.

Astonishing Member

Not to mention Didio basically did a "Jim Shooter" early in his long reign and that turned out to be a disaster with events like One Year Later and Countdown. A micromanaging dictatorial head editor only works if he and his audience are in sync, otherwise you have a guy who is utterly loathed by the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I wouldn’t want to lose him as a writer but Bendis would be a great choice to me. I love everything the guy touches. Being a great writer isn’t what is needed in a publisher though.
    Come on about half the people ( if not more ) want to see him as far as possible from dc or marvel ... send in in a obscure compagnie ... archie comics dark circle ? or a even least popular one where he cant harm no one

I look forward to learning who they pick
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 02-22-2020 at 07:07 PM.

OP Question (of those listed) -

Karen Berger should take the helm, IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Isn’t Jim Lee still there? He was copublisher with Didio so do we even know therapy are going to feel the need to replace him?

BANNED

Grant Morrison is who I’d want but I’d accept Geoff Johns too.

Hell no to the Snyder mention. I think his stories are great but he stretches things out longer than they need to be.

BANNED

Who the hell is Karen Berger?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Who the hell is Karen Berger?
    Seriously?
    http://https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Berger

If only we could get Karen Berger back! If not her, then Geoff. I do think however as others have said, they will look outside the industry.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Imagine Tom King or Scott Lobdell.
    Noooo it'd be even worse, this comment will give me nightmares

Certainly not Geoff Jonhs. Or Grand Morrison.

I loke some of their ideas, but most of those are actually either boring or even utterly terrible.

As for the others, I've honestly no idea who they are, and don't really give a ****. I just want someone who won't go all "only pre-Flashpoint matters" and revert characters like Red Hood to the horror show that he was before New 52 and send others like Signal to limbo, death, or wheverever.