Page 165 of 171 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2563

Roadtrip with Piort and Logan, the BROTP of the X-Men needs a reunion.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I'd just be happy if Kurt had a more central role. I'm getting tired of these books that are not really team books as they used to be but fixated on one main character. Then maybe this thread would be added to more than once a month. I'm still holding out for a romance with Storm, even if it would probably be short lived, or Betsy might be fun, but please, no more Amanda.

I feel for Kurt. Got his heartbroken again.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I feel for Kurt. Got his heartbroken again.
    so what happened, now?

Does anyone think or want to see any lasting effects on Kurt after being turned into a Hound?

Meh. I don't think there is any way they could explore that without it feeling like a redux of what Lemire did. I REALLY wish he had his Hound marks permanently alongside everyone else who got turned, just as some sort of consequence. Ahab did say that Manon drops several years' worth of memories/torture in order to turn you, so there should realistically be some lasting effects on Kurt's psyche. Personally, I'd like if there was some impact on his teleportation powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what happened, now?
    Rachel dumped him a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I'd just be happy if Kurt had a more central role. I'm getting tired of these books that are not really team books as they used to be but fixated on one main character. Then maybe this thread would be added to more than once a month. I'm still holding out for a romance with Storm, even if it would probably be short lived, or Betsy might be fun, but please, no more Amanda.
    Agree for all.

I counted up I think three and a half conversations he's had in Gold and Red combined (if you consider "conversation" to be more than a single line said to someone). It's sad.

I've also tried skipping over the dialogue of Kitty in Gold and Jean in Red to see what was left to read. Even sadder...lol.

On romance, I'm basically good with anyone but Amanda.

For any inclined to check it out, Nightcrawler got a decent showing in Typhoid Mary. It was a nice reminder of the guy with good sense and determination who used to show up in the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Agree for all.

I counted up I think three and a half conversations he's had in Gold and Red combined (if you consider "conversation" to be more than a single line said to someone). It's sad.

I've also tried skipping over the dialogue of Kitty in Gold and Jean in Red to see what was left to read. Even sadder...lol.

On romance, I'm basically good with anyone but Amanda.
    IMO X Men Red has been way worse then Gold was as far as Kurt’s concerned. He’s only been wallpaper in Red.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

IMO X Men Red has been way worse then Gold was as far as Kurt’s concerned. He’s only been wallpaper in Red.
    I had such high hopes for X-Men Red. Taylor's Nightcrawler started off sounding more like the Kurt we know and love than he's been in quite a while. Although I'm happy Jean is back, I'm also frustrated that the book turned out to be more like a Jean solo book with supporting cast. What a waste. What is with these writers that so few of them can write a proper team book.

Yeah, but the only thing he got in 30+ issues of Gold was a "tell" romance -- Guggenheim didn't bother to really even show it develop on panel. They had a kiss out of the blue, one date, then a morning after bedroom setting post Kitty's wedding fiasco. That's it. No real conversation beyond that one date scene (just one liners, mostly consisting of asking Rachel if she was okay). No real indication of what led up to Kurt planning on proposing to her. To be honest, he had more panel time interaction with Bloody Bess, as far as a romantic partner, and she was a fling.

Gold and Red are no different in how they been written as solos with the team as their supporting cast. I just wish Marvel would change the model back to real team books where at least all the team mainstays got arcs and character development. It's not only Nightcrawler that's being wasted, here.
    Last edited by Sundown; 11-07-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Dear Marvel Legends --

Can we PLEASE get a bearded X-Men-Red-design Nightcrawler figure in 2019?

(Give us the Jean and Storm while yer at it, aye?)

Thank you.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I haven't read any comics since Aarons run on Amazing X-Men. Seriously, I have been meaning to catch up but I never did. Its been hard to get too mad about Jean since she's been dead for almost 15 years. I'm happy for her fans. That said, its sad to hear about Rachel and Kurt because I was warming up to the idea and I never liked it before. Can this count as another dropped plot of Kurts? You know now that Kurts a hound if Rachel stayed his girlfriend it would have really been interesting to see her help him through it since she was one herself. What a wasted opportunity.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 11-09-2018 at 04:12 AM.

Hey, for anyone interested in the current Nightcrawler story line of immortality -- i.e. being unable to die and return to heaven -- there's another link in the chain in Weapon X 25 with Azazel. He's permanently exiled from Hell and can't be killed to return, so it sounds like the blood bond spell(whatever?) Kurt used to trap Azazel trapped himself, as well. I think Az is supposed to be in the next couple of issues, so they may elaborate more on it.
    Last edited by Sundown; 11-10-2018 at 09:31 AM.