Page 164 of 171 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2563
    BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #171 Jul 1983
    "Rogue" Guest-starring Binary.
    The Alley.
    Storm greets her new subjects, and commands them not to attack the "surface dwellers" any longer.
    As she leaves Callisto - weak enough that she can barely stand - intercepts her.
    They exchange unpleasantries and Storm tells Sunder to put his mistress back to bed.

Nightcrawler notes that Storm is going out of her way to make an enemy of Callisto, to which Storm responds they were moments from the instant they met.
    Nightcrawler is troubled about Storm's shifting personality.

Anchorage.
    Madelyne Pryor wakes up from a nightmare, and Scott comes running.
    After she calms down she tells Scott about the 747 crash only she walked away from.
    She gives the date as September 1, 1980 - and Scott is shocked to realize that is the exact day Jean Grey died!

Massachusetts.
    Carol Danvers finishes a visit to her folks. However, she's setting her folks on edge and she feels empty.
    She knows they're her parents and that she's supposed to care for them, but she doesn't - those feelings were stolen by Rogue.
    She concludes there is no place for her on Earth - Binary's place is among the stars!

Xavier's.
    Kitty is frantically searching her room for her computer disks with her homework on them
    and blaming the New Mutants (X-Babies) for stealing or misplacing them.
    Her roommate Illyana makes fun of her when she finally finds them under her keyboard.

In the Danger Room, Charles is running a gym setting to work on his leg muscles.
    Both he and Lilandra remain mystified as to why he cannot walk in his new cloned body;
    since his paraplegic condition was caused by his legs being crushed and not genetic, his legs should be perfectly functional!
    In the kitchen, Colossus is pondering a cookbook when Professor X psychically tells him they have a visitor.
    Because he used Peter's codename, he knows there might be trouble, and he shifts into his armored form as he opens the door to discover... Rogue?

Professor X's study.
    We discover Professor X cannot read her mind. She tells them that her powers are out of control,
    that permanently absorbing Carol's powers was an accident, and that she needs help.
    The X-Men are suspicious, and eventually Professor X asks them to leave so he can talk to Rogue in private without all the hostility.
    The X-Men resolve to vent their frustrations in the danger room.

Despite it being Kitty who wanted to hit something, she and Illyana end up in the control booth.
    Illyana picks out the program, and when Kitty asks what it is Illyana tells her its a surprise.
    However, when the program comes up Belasco, even Illyana is briefly surprised before flipping out.
    As if possessed, she draws her Soulsword for the FIRST time from nowhere and attacks Kitty.
    Kitty phases, but the Soulsword still cuts her! Kitty disarms her, and Illyana comes to her senses - crying out "I remembered!".
    The other X-Men arrive in the control booth and Kitty hides the full nature of the incident, waving it off as an accident for Illyana's sake.

Later, Ororo's Attic.
    She notices her plants are parched and starts a rainstorm to water them.
    However, while she has an angst-ridden internal monologue she loses control of her storm and is reminded only by the sound of thunder.
    She clears the clouds, but the plants have already been ruined!
    Professor X contacts her telepathically, and she responds by hurling a dagger through his thought-image!

Professor X's study.
    Charles has decided to admit Rogue to both the school and as a probationary X-Men member.
    Storm objects - as leader of the X-Men she feels she has a say, and is unwilling to take on a member who might betray them!
    At that moment, Binary lands outside the X-Mansion and enters.
    After a moment of peace we suddenly see Rogue flying through the roof, getting knocked clear into orbit!
    Rogue comes back for more and Binary gives it to her. But then Colossus holds Binary down and breaks up the fight.

Professor X explains that Rogue is under his protection as of now, and Binary complains.
    It is Storm who tells Binary that Rogue is now the newest X-Man.
    A puzzled Rogue doesn't even know why Binary has it in for her, until Binary shifts to her human (looking) form!

Rogue speaks Carol's name under her breath. Carol tells Rogue that she now has the power to destroy her.
    Storm tells Professor X that if Rogue stays, she goes - and Nightcrawler says they all will.
    Professor X talks the X-Men through the impasse -

Carol concedes understanding but not approval, and leaves in a huff.
    Storm, however, is also uncertain and goes to take a walk to decide whether she will stay or leave.
    She realizes, either way, that she will no longer be the woman she was.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Walter Simonson and Bob Wiacek.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

How are you guys enjoying X-Med Red? I haven't gotten a chance to get it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Hmmm...started really well, imo. The premise is interesting and Taylor seems to have incorporated a lot of currently trending issues into the story.

The art is good. The pacing is slow. The cast has become bulky.

Kurt started out with a good showing, and he's still written well when he's used, but Red seems to suffer from the exact same thing as every other X-Men team book lately -- it's a solo book presented as a team one. The focus is on Jean, and with the addition of so many to the cast, no one else really is getting developed.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Im not a fan. Its so far just one long arc. I could be wrong but i think it could end at 11 or 12.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Hmmm...started really well, imo. The premise is interesting and Taylor seems to have incorporated a lot of currently trending issues into the story.

The art is good. The pacing is slow. The cast has become bulky.

Kurt started out with a good showing, and he's still written well when he's used, but Red seems to suffer from the exact same thing as every other X-Men team book lately -- it's a solo book presented as a team one. The focus is on Jean, and with the addition of so many to the cast, no one else really is getting developed.
    Oh no. Why does Marvel not realize? We need a team book not a solo. I was looking forward to this. I really wanted this book to work. I;m still most likely going to purchase this. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Im not a fan. Its so far just one long arc. I could be wrong but i think it could end at 11 or 12.
    11 or 12? Awww no. Thanks for weighing in.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #171 Jul 1983
    "Rogue" Guest-starring Binary.
    The Alley.
    Storm greets her new subjects, and commands them not to attack the "surface dwellers" any longer.
    As she leaves Callisto - weak enough that she can barely stand - intercepts her.
    They exchange unpleasantries and Storm tells Sunder to put his mistress back to bed.

Nightcrawler notes that Storm is going out of her way to make an enemy of Callisto, to which Storm responds they were moments from the instant they met.
    Nightcrawler is troubled about Storm's shifting personality.

Anchorage.
    Madelyne Pryor wakes up from a nightmare, and Scott comes running.
    After she calms down she tells Scott about the 747 crash only she walked away from.
    She gives the date as September 1, 1980 - and Scott is shocked to realize that is the exact day Jean Grey died!

Massachusetts.
    Carol Danvers finishes a visit to her folks. However, she's setting her folks on edge and she feels empty.
    She knows they're her parents and that she's supposed to care for them, but she doesn't - those feelings were stolen by Rogue.
    She concludes there is no place for her on Earth - Binary's place is among the stars!

Xavier's.
    Kitty is frantically searching her room for her computer disks with her homework on them
    and blaming the New Mutants (X-Babies) for stealing or misplacing them.
    Her roommate Illyana makes fun of her when she finally finds them under her keyboard.

In the Danger Room, Charles is running a gym setting to work on his leg muscles.
    Both he and Lilandra remain mystified as to why he cannot walk in his new cloned body;
    since his paraplegic condition was caused by his legs being crushed and not genetic, his legs should be perfectly functional!
    In the kitchen, Colossus is pondering a cookbook when Professor X psychically tells him they have a visitor.
    Because he used Peter's codename, he knows there might be trouble, and he shifts into his armored form as he opens the door to discover... Rogue?

Professor X's study.
    We discover Professor X cannot read her mind. She tells them that her powers are out of control,
    that permanently absorbing Carol's powers was an accident, and that she needs help.
    The X-Men are suspicious, and eventually Professor X asks them to leave so he can talk to Rogue in private without all the hostility.
    The X-Men resolve to vent their frustrations in the danger room.

Despite it being Kitty who wanted to hit something, she and Illyana end up in the control booth.
    Illyana picks out the program, and when Kitty asks what it is Illyana tells her its a surprise.
    However, when the program comes up Belasco, even Illyana is briefly surprised before flipping out.
    As if possessed, she draws her Soulsword for the FIRST time from nowhere and attacks Kitty.
    Kitty phases, but the Soulsword still cuts her! Kitty disarms her, and Illyana comes to her senses - crying out "I remembered!".
    The other X-Men arrive in the control booth and Kitty hides the full nature of the incident, waving it off as an accident for Illyana's sake.

Later, Ororo's Attic.
    She notices her plants are parched and starts a rainstorm to water them.
    However, while she has an angst-ridden internal monologue she loses control of her storm and is reminded only by the sound of thunder.
    She clears the clouds, but the plants have already been ruined!
    Professor X contacts her telepathically, and she responds by hurling a dagger through his thought-image!

Professor X's study.
    Charles has decided to admit Rogue to both the school and as a probationary X-Men member.
    Storm objects - as leader of the X-Men she feels she has a say, and is unwilling to take on a member who might betray them!
    At that moment, Binary lands outside the X-Mansion and enters.
    After a moment of peace we suddenly see Rogue flying through the roof, getting knocked clear into orbit!
    Rogue comes back for more and Binary gives it to her. But then Colossus holds Binary down and breaks up the fight.

Professor X explains that Rogue is under his protection as of now, and Binary complains.
    It is Storm who tells Binary that Rogue is now the newest X-Man.
    A puzzled Rogue doesn't even know why Binary has it in for her, until Binary shifts to her human (looking) form!

Rogue speaks Carol's name under her breath. Carol tells Rogue that she now has the power to destroy her.
    Storm tells Professor X that if Rogue stays, she goes - and Nightcrawler says they all will.
    Professor X talks the X-Men through the impasse -

Carol concedes understanding but not approval, and leaves in a huff.
    Storm, however, is also uncertain and goes to take a walk to decide whether she will stay or leave.
    She realizes, either way, that she will no longer be the woman she was.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Walter Simonson and Bob Wiacek.
    I just want to say I've been really enjoying your posts.

so when did Nightcrawler start dating Rachel Summers? how old is she supposed to be by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so when did Nightcrawler start dating Rachel Summers? how old is she supposed to be by now?
    First hint was in Claremont's last return to Uncanny (2004) when they were playing around and kissed. It didn't get picked up again until Guggenheim in X-Men Gold, when they actually started dating. It was serious enough for Kurt to talk about proposing (see wedding special), then Rachel broke it off before the series ended. Her reasons were vague. Mesmero had messed with her head, though it wasn't stated that that was the reason why she approached Kurt to start with (she initiated things by kissing him again - X-Men Gold 7). Claremont had them close in the last Nightcrawler solo series, but not dating yet.

She was at least 18 during Excalibur, and Kitty turned 15 during that run. Kitty is now a minimum of 21 (as she worked in a bar), so Ray is maybe in the ballpark of 24 or 25.
    Last edited by Sundown; 09-30-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Way to go Fuzzy Elf! Since it was the EIC's poll that landed him in the #2 spot of favorite X-Men, maybe Marvel will take notice and use him more effectively.

One can only hope.

We haven't done this in awhile, but what would you like to see done with Kurt?

I'd like to see him step back up into more of a leadership role, or second in command role again. Now I'd love to see another solo or buddy book that's this time tied into what else is going on in the franchise, but I'd be happy enough for him to just be more active on the team, rather than a taxi service.

(Let's see how many Nightcrawler fans are still lurking on this board, now...)
    Last edited by Sundown; 10-02-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Way to go Fuzzy Elf! Since it was the EIC's poll that landed him in the #2 spot of favorite X-Men, maybe Marvel will take notice and use him more effectively.

One can only hope.

We haven't done this in awhile, but what would you like to see done with Kurt?

I'd like to see him step back up into more of a leadership role, or second in command role again. Now I'd love to see another solo or buddy book that's this time tied into what else is going on in the franchise, but I'd be happy enough for him to just be more active on the team, rather than a taxi service.

(Let's see how many Nightcrawler fans are still lurking on this board, now...)
    You know I’m still here. Wondering if Kitty is attracted to his beard. lol. I’m just glad they didn’t have rebound sex since they both broke up with partners near each other. See, I still have a little Kurtty in my heart!

has Kurt's travel distance with teleporting increased?

What is his exact relationship with the bamf imps?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has Kurt's travel distance with teleporting increased?

What is his exact relationship with the bamf imps?
    I dont think so but his endurance has. He can cover great distances by doing multiple shorter distances. He doesnt seem to tire out as easily as he used to. I beleive his greatest distance in a single jump though was in Second Coming from Las Vegas to SF but that overexerted him (not to mention he had a metal arm in his chest), resulting in his death. I dont think thats a feat thats been replicated since

but what would you like to see done with Kurt?
    Couple things: (no specific order)

1. I'd love to see a costume redesign that works. I fully recognize that the Dave Cockrum is color balanced for the gawds, and nearly every costume that followed is a variation on that example, but I want to see someone revitalize his look and silhouette. A beard is a good start, but it's just more blue and crosshatching.

2. I'd like to see more nuanced, intense, and strengthened relationships with his most important peer: Storm. I see Kurt as the Beta Dad of the X-Men franchise, supplementing the reach and macro ideology of Alpha Mom Storm. He's the one students and teammates come to with their weaknesses and fears, he's the counselor and life coach to Storm's more extroverted, executive approach. I can deal with others leading X-teams, but when it comes to shepherding Xavier's dream, it really should be a conversation between those two... with Wolverine supplying the sage one-liner advice.

3. I don't need to have a miniseries or a special, but I would love to see Nightcrawler interacting with students. I've long thought he's one of the better examples of X-Men who should've been in the faculty rather than in the student body like in Evolution. I understand his behavior resembles the class clown archetype, but his experience and character should provide a better masculine ideal than Wolverine. He should challenge the arrogance of Hellion, QQ, and Rockslide. He should be the safe harbor and dry shoulder for Anole, Dust, Mercury.

4. I'd like to see more conversation about the MCU casting of Nightcrawler. Cumming's version was tortured but badass, Smit-McPhee's was comedic but wallpaper. I'd like to suggest Max Mauff, who's got the right features, the right accent, and the right age for my preferred iteration of live-action Kurt Wagner.

5. I'd like to see a better romance for Kurt, because Rachel isn't it. He's a lonely heart, and it's got roses to give. Maybe have Amanda Sefton stop by. Maybe have Wanda Maximoff stop by.

6. I'd like to see Toad AKA Mortimer Toynbee set up as more of a direct arch-enemy to Kurt. If not in specific animosity, but in a goofus and gallant relationship. Where Toad is antagonistic and tears people down because his self-loathing, Kurt builds people up. Where Toad is aggressively toxic and objectifies women, Kurt listens, respects, and knows his love languages.

Id definitely like to see Kurt in a leadership role again. Its long overdue!