Page 116 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2563
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    Can Nightcrawler still go invisible in the dark?
    Well, I dont think that power has been retconned, so yes. But its rarely used anymore. One of his many abilities that are not utilized by writers as much anymore - like him being able to see in the dark is another.

I guess I'm taking a wait and see approach with everything coming up. I hope it will mean that Nightcrawler will get some use and development, but I don't have a great deal of faith after the ball was dropped so bad this year. Aside from the opening arc of Amazing and the one off issues with Northstar and Anole and Mystique, he's not gotten much done with him. I normally love Claremont, but the series just hasn't evolved the character at all, imo. It's devolved him (if that's even a word).

It's no secret that AOA and the associated characters are among my favorites of all time, so I am excited to see what comes of that. I also really enjoyed the Inferno storyline, so maybe something good will come of it for the elf this time. Even if they just redo basically how he was when Excalibur faced it, I'm fine with that, so long as they avoid the token religious thing. Who knows but maybe they'll decide to expand on his feelings of learning the truth about his father and what he is. THAT'S a big gaping hole that's never been really addressed.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 03-21-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I guess I'm taking a wait and see approach with everything coming up. I hope it will mean that Nightcrawler will get some use and development, but I don't have a great deal of faith after the ball was dropped so bad this year. Aside from the opening arc of Amazing and the one off issues with Northstar and Anole and Mystique, he's not gotten much done with him. I normally love Claremont, but the series just hasn't evolved the character at all, imo. It's devolved him (if that's even a word).

It's no secret that AOA and the associated characters are among my favorites of all time, so I am excited to see what comes of that. I also really enjoyed the Inferno storyline, so maybe something good will come of it for the elf this time. Even if they just redo basically how he was when Excalibur faced it, I'm fine with that, so long as they avoid the token religious thing. Who knows but maybe they'll decide to expand on his feelings of learning the truth about his father and what he is. THAT'S a big gaping hole that's never been really addressed.
    I agree very much with everything you said. Plus, I thought myself this may be a way for Nightcrawler to explore his ties with Azazel, I mean it is about demons and the supernatural.

Incredible Member

Have you guys seen the designs of the Egyptia world which will appear in Secret Wars Journal? Nightcrawler will appear in that. Seems like the artist put a lot of work into the design of this world.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24301/...hbook_explodes

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Have you guys seen the designs of the Egyptia world which will appear in Secret Wars Journal? Nightcrawler will appear in that. Seems like the artist put a lot of work into the design of this world.

Wow, these drawings are really gorgeous. I like so much to see his bare feet and hands for once --I think too that it's no sense he wears gloves or socks. Too bad that his curls are left (one more time).

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

From X-Men Cosplay Appreciation Thread:

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1030648

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Ooh, I'll definitely have to check this one out. I was going to anyway because of the whole Egypt thing (how could I not?), but now this is a must.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie & Clyde

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    From X-Men Cosplay Appreciation Thread:

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1030648

This looks awesome!

So, did Nightcrawler show up in Wolverines? I heard he was going to, and there was a little cap I found where he was there in the background, but I haven't heard of him doing anything else. Just curious cuz there's a bit of X-23 stuff in that series I've heard about that I like, so I've been thinking of picking it up, and if there's an issue with Crawler too that's where I'd start.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Off to work on the next brilliant X-Men fic the last time I spoke to him.

Everyone see this?

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24075/...ndence_inferno

Well Kurts role in this isnt really expanded upon, if he's just religious wallpaper or not. We'll have to see. Def an AU as Domino wasnt even around at the time. So its back to Piotr obsessing over Illyana again. Im kinda done with this. It depends on how its handled, though.
    I suspect Kurt or Domino will be the voice of reason and a source of conflict for this as Piotr will probably have gone over the deep end just as he did in Age of Apocalypse. It would be appropriate given Kurt and Piotr's long friendship that he be the voice of reason role. It will probably be a disaster as far as the rescue op is concerned but Im still interested. I think there's hope (pun intended) for Hopeless as when he wrote Cable and X-force he gave everyone a chance to shine.
    Last edited by petrefax; 03-24-2015 at 11:02 PM.

Read the final issue. I won't spoil it. Art was phenomenal and the ending scenes were good. I think some will have issue with the Bess and Nightcrawler conclusion but i was fine with it.

Incredible Member

Dennis Hopeless was interviewed by CBR for his Inferno book and here's what he had to say about Kurt.

Nightcrawler is another character who plays a significant role in this series. We've got so much cool stuff in store for Kurt. I fully expect him to steal the whole damned show.
    You can read the entire interview here.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ars-in-inferno

I suspect Kurt or Domino will be the voice of reason and a source of conflict for this as Piotr will probably have gone over the deep end just as he did in Age of Apocalypse. It would be appropriate given Kurt and Piotr's long friendship that he be the voice of reason role. It will probably be a disaster as far as the rescue op is concerned but Im still interested. I think there's hope (pun intended) for Hopeless as when he wrote Cable and X-force he gave everyone a chance to shine.
    I'm hoping Domino will be spared being trampled ala Kitty in this. Hopefully, he isn't too over the top. Kurt as the voice of reason, I wonder if it will be similar to how he played off Brian in Excalibur when he was acting the real hothead under Merlins jinx. I want Kurt to kick ass but I dont want Piotr to be incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Read the final issue. I won't spoil it. Art was phenomenal and the ending scenes were good. I think some will have issue with the Bess and Nightcrawler conclusion but i was fine with it.
    So it wasspoilers:
    Amanda,
    end of spoilers right?

Dennis Hopeless was interviewed by CBR for his Inferno book and here's what he had to say about Kurt.

You can read the entire interview here.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ars-in-inferno
    Well this sounds... hopeful. Sorry for the bad pun. The thing is I've heard that before so I'm a little skeptical. I'll definitely give it a go if it gets good word of mouth from fans here. Some nice preview art and he seems really enthusiastic.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-31-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I would have preferred Kurt/Rachel (as is my wont), but I was satisfied.

Chia Head PM me (or I bet Slicknickshady would be happy to address it too) if you want the answer to your spoiler.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I would have preferred Kurt/Rachel (as is my wont), but I was satisfied.

Chia Head PM me (or I bet Slicknickshady would be happy to address it too) if you want the answer to your spoiler.
    Thank you! PMing you.