Page 126 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2563
    The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Ah, okay, no harm done. I just felt I had to defend him as I was responsible for posting the quote in the first place.
    Okay, good. I'm glad we've reached an understanding.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie & Clyde

Ah, okay, no harm done. I just felt I had to defend him as I was responsible for posting the quote in the first place.
    I did love the Kate and Kurt stuff in YOFP #3. Even if they are made up characters from a universe I don't care about.

BANNED

I'm excited to see Kurt go against Apocalypse in the next X-MEN. Apocalypse is more or less a false prophet, so it's going to be interesting seeing Kurt face him.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkaraBrae View Post
    Did I miss him anywhere else? I don't know if I plan on reading that Egypt AU, although I'm eventually going to pick up the Secret Wars main comics...9
    DONT read Egyptia for Kurt. He was some growling pet to Kitty then gets disemboweled at the end trying to save her. At least that's what I got from it. There wasn't much back story to his and her relationship but she refers to him as "My Nightcrawler" and he spends the issue speaking in broken sentences. I admit it the idea was interesting. You also may want to pick it up for other characters like Kitty. But I wouldn't recommend picking it up just for Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Ey, I just said that I like when new characters (preferably humans) are added to a family plot, instead of playing always the same cards. Nothing to do with Nazis. And you know I totally ship Mystique/Destiny as Kurt's parents .
    I should have quoted the OP. Its ok even if you did find it interesting.

I think you're being really unfair to Alan Davis by picking something he said out of context. He specifically said he was pulling ideas right off the top of his head and that he wasn't suggesting that he would have used them, or that they "could survive serious development" - he was simply saying that there were lots of ways to go to give Kurt a back-story with drama that didn't involve trying to tie his origins to another character in the franchise. Why spend time pulling apart one idea out of several that AD had said he wasn't seriously trying to float in the first place?
    Not to be rude but why do you think it was unfair? She was giving an opinion. I personally feel a lot of creators, especially older ones have this obsession with Nazis and Communists and I find it a bit boring even if it was a half-hearted idea and wasnt "serious". We love Alan Davis on here. He's practically our hero and a legend among NC fans. If you have seen this thread its very opinionated. No ones taking any personal shots at the guy. You dont have to defend him. So no worries there. He probably expects that his posts would be up for public scrutiny. You posted information and we were responding it. Its like saying Alan Davis is tearing up Claremont because he doesnt like his "incestual approach." And we know Alan Davis is a swell guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    Oh, I know. I wasn't meaning to be unfair there; the notion just kind of provoked that reaction and I went off on a bit of a tangent.
    It dont think it came off as a tangent. It was an opinion that was a part of the topic from my perspective. And I agree with what you wrote.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-21-2015 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Not to be rude but why do you think it was unfair? She was giving an opinion. I personally feel a lot of creators, especially older ones have this obsession with Nazis and Communists and I find it a bit boring even if it was a half-hearted idea and wasnt "serious". We love Alan Davis on here. He's practically our hero and a legend among NC fans. If you have seen this thread its very opinionated. No ones taking any personal shots at the guy. You dont have to defend him. So no worries there. He probably expects that his posts would be up for public scrutiny. You posted information and we were responding it. Its like saying Alan Davis is tearing up Claremont because he doesnt like his "incestual approach." And we know Alan Davis is a swell guy.
    I do have a bee in my bonnet about statements paraphrased or taken out of context on the internet, simply because I've seen a number of examples where, with the author of the statement absent, things become exaggerated and take on a life of their own.

Having seen two posts in a row focussing on the Nazi remark I was concerned that having hit upon a sore spot for some fans we were building an "outrage snowball" where the actual core of what he said was in danger of becoming buried under the idea that this was an actual plot idea he had been working on. I probably over-reacted, and I'm sorry if people here feel I was out of line. I certainly didn't mean to shut down a topic of conversation that people were interested in, or curtail criticism of an author - I have mixed feelings about Alan's writing, and I myself have been critical of a number of his story-lines and creative decisions in the past. I really don't believe in putting people on pedestals - good people still do bad things, smart people do stupid things, and I think people who dig their heels in to defend their hero because they feel he is above criticism have lost sight of what is important.

I deliberately put the link to Alan's remarks in my original post so people could interact with the author himself if they had questions or disagreed with his views. Topics remain open for years I believe, and though he is very slow to reply (I think he only checks the forum a few time a year!), he does answer all questions in a forthright manner. I do find him quite blunt at times, but he does seem fair if not always diplomatic.

I do have a bee in my bonnet about statements paraphrased or taken out of context on the internet, simply because I've seen a number of examples where, with the author of the statement absent, things become exaggerated and take on a life of their own.

Having seen two posts in a row focussing on the Nazi remark I was concerned that having hit upon a sore spot for some fans we were building an "outrage snowball" where the actual core of what he said was in danger of becoming buried under the idea that this was an actual plot idea he had been working on. I probably over-reacted, and I'm sorry if people here feel I was out of line. I certainly didn't mean to shut down a topic of conversation that people were interested in, or curtail criticism of an author - I have mixed feelings about Alan's writing, and I myself have been critical of a number of his story-lines and creative decisions in the past. I really don't believe in putting people on pedestals - good people still do bad things, smart people do stupid things, and I think people who dig their heels in to defend their hero because they feel he is above criticism have lost sight of what is important.

I deliberately put the link to Alan's remarks in my original post so people could interact with the author himself if they had questions or disagreed with his views. Topics remain open for years I believe, and though he is very slow to reply (I think he only checks the forum a few time a year!), he does answer all questions in a forthright manner. I do find him quite blunt at times, but he does seem fair if not always diplomatic.
    Nothing was exagerrated. Stop splitting hairs. You are the one who is over reacting. No one is accusing AD of being a bad guy at all. Chill. Its just a difference of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SkaraBrae View Post
    Seriously this is why I only show up to this hobby annually ...

But reading the interview with Lemire and Bunn has my enthusiasm rising from tepid to hype. I love that line-up, I hope he does right by all involved. That said, if we don't get 616 Nightcrawler I'm gonna be a tad bummed-- why bother with resurrecting him just to kill him off iN AN EVENT??

Also: glad this thread pointed me to the GotG team-up issue, that was delightful. Kurt canonically slicing his way through space-wide sword fighting champions without his 'porting ability? MMMMmmmm Hhhmmm. I'm also reading the rest of Amazing just for what amounts to his cameos (there's honestly a lot about this title I want to like, if it wasn't so clearly playing the second fiddle plotwise). That Anole story might have been re-treading familiar ground and very on-the-nose, but idk... I was really, really glad to read it. I felt like it showed a balanced Kurt who wasn't one-dimensional, playing the "heart" as he usually does but also getting to kick a little ass.

Did I miss him anywhere else? I don't know if I plan on reading that Egypt AU, although I'm eventually going to pick up the Secret Wars main comics...

Attachment 24797
    Update: Target Acquired. I generally roll my eyes whenever Kurt's in the clergy but I'm diggin' that look.
    I also really liked the GotG/NC team-up and I really enjoyed Kurts team up with Anole and Northstar in Amazing! Some sliver linings in a dismal year outside of Jason Aarons stellar run on Amazing. Kurt in Clergy: I dont mind but nothing interesting usually comes of it an to me its always an excuse to play the character down as having a stronger personality or voice in the X-books. I actually liked the idea of CC's for Kurt being a warrior priest and a leader of the Morlocks but so many writers dropped the ball since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    I also really liked the GotG/NC team-up and I really enjoyed Kurts team up with Anole and Northstar in Amazing! Some sliver linings in a dismal year outside of Jason Aarons stellar run on Amazing. Kurt in Clergy: I dont mind but nothing interesting usually comes of it an to me its always an excuse to play the character down as having a stronger personality or voice in the X-books. I actually liked the idea of CC's for Kurt being a warrior priest and a leader of the Morlocks but so many writers dropped the ball since then.
    Holey moley that would have been cool!
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    I don't get why Kurt is wearing mail armor though. Probably just artistic license by Ramos haha.

I think the interactions will be interesting between Old Man Logan and carrying around the guilt of killing his former friends in his reality and interacting with the team and Kurt especially
    Could be based on the 2005 AOA revisit costume, in part. Seems that I recall some mail mixed in with that mess.

Issue Information
    Title- Nightcrawler (Volume 1) #3
    Release Date- January 1986
    Writer- Dave Cockrum
    Artist- Dave Cockrum

Major Notes
    Features Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Illyana Rasputin. Features Kitty’s Fairy Tale version of the X-Men

Brief Summary

To BAMF or not to BAMF!

Nightcrawler and Lockheed have found themselves in another world and are confronted by a small Nightcrawler looking creature named Bamf. He calls Nightcrawler Daddy and he is able to figure that he is in a world based on a story created by his teammate Kitty Pryde sometime ago. He also learns that he is on Bamf Island and when he asks Bamf why he calls him Daddy it is because he is much larger than a normal Bamf. Bamf tells him to follow him as he teleports away. Nightcrawler is still somewhat confused and he remembers the events that brought him there. Bamf then reappears and since Nightcrawler doesn’t know where he’s going they decide to walk the way. As they walk Nightcrawler sees tiny women with butterfly wings and before long they reach the village. He is amazed to see the houses are giant puffballs and moments later hundreds of Bamfs surround him and call him Daddy.

In the real world Kitty is still trying to figure out how to bring Nightcrawler back and she somewhat snaps at her friend Illyana. Back on Bamf Island Nightcrawler is standing on a large crystal and he is trying to figure out what to do next. Suddenly there is a loud bang as Shagreen suddenly appears. Nightcrawler is surprised to see him alive since he thought the tyrant had been killed. Shagreen goes to blast Nightcrawler and Lockheed with his staff but the crystal that he is standing on protects him. Shagreen is annoyed by this and teleports away but not without stting tht he has taken Nightcrawler’s friends and he also tells him to find him at the Fangs of Doom.

With Shagreen gone all but one of the Bamfs remain. Shagreen has taken them all but Bamf doesn’t really want to rescue them since it means he gets all the females to himself. Shagreen has taken all the females as well and Bamf asks Nightcrawler why Shagreen called him a Boggie, Nightcrawler claims not to be a Boggie. They know that they have to find the other Bamfs and Nightcrawler is told about the Fangs of Doom which is an ancient fortress on top of a jagged mountain.

They walk to the shore where they found a large trumpet like contraption. Bamf blows on the contraption and suddenly they feel an earthquake. A twister pops up from the ground much to everyone’s surprise and when the twister stops it turns out to be the Fiend With No Name who now calls himself Mean. He takes a moment to light up a cigar. Now more than ever
    Nightcrawler knows that he is in Kitty’s Fairy Tale. In frustration Bamf asks Mean what he is doing there and Mean responds that he heard the noise and wanted to check it out. They insult one another but a couple of moments later this reality’s version of Lockheed appears and scares Mean. Bamf tries to explain to the big Lockheed what this is all about but suddenly the smaller Lockheed flies up to the big Lockheed’s face. The small Lockheed growls at him causing the big Lockheed to push him away with his breath. Nightcrawler tries to explain about Shagreen and how he stole the Bamfs. The big Lockheed does agree to take them to the Fangs of Doom but he doesn’t want to face Shagreen.

A few moments later the gang are flying on the big Lockheed and Nightcrawler still can’t believe that he’s in Kitty’s Fairy Tale. This gives him an idea and he asks Lockheed about this reality’s Kitty and Colossus. The big Lockheed does know them and states that Nightcrawler is the biggest Bamf that he has ever seen. When Bamf states that Nightcrawler is a Boggie it causes Nightcrawler to angrily state that he isn’t a Boggie. Nightcrawler tries to explain how he and the small Lockheed are from an alternate reality where they are merely story characters.

They spot Kitty’s pirate ship and as the big Lockheed comes closer Kitty and Colossus greet him. He tells them about Shagreen and the pair are more than willing to help since they haven’t had a good fight for a while. The small Lockheed flies right to Kitty and lands on her shoulders. She is told that he is from an alternate reality where he has a very close bond to his Kitty.

The team fly away as Bamf explains to Kitty and Colossus about the situation at hand. Colossus is intrigued about Nightcrawler’s reality and specifically the X-Men. Nightcrawler does tell them more about the group’s counterparts in his reality. Kitty and Colossus even find it hard to fathom that there are two different Wolverine/Means. It takes them some time to get to the island where the Fangs of Doom are located but s they get close giant tentacles rise up from the water and grab the big Lockheed. It pulls him into the water and causes the group to fall into the water.

They are able to get onto the island and as they try to get their wits about them they see a hoard of winged creatures named Dreadwings fly down towards them. The Dreadwings attack them and the team have to do everything they can to defend themselves but there are simply too many of them to handle. They are able to take down several of the Dreadwings but unfortunately one is able to grab Kitty and flies away with her. The group know that she has been taken to the fortress on top of the mountain and they vow to find her.

As they make their way up they notice that the small Lockheed has already flown ahead to find Kitty. They eventually come to a door which looks like a giant bat like creature. They walk inside and comment about a sign on the outside but suddenly the way behind them is blocked.

In the real world Kitty tries another technique to try and bring Nightcrawler back. She has had difficulties locating him and when she pushes the button Bamf appears in the Danger Room. This surprises both Kitty and Illyana as Bamf teleports to them and begins to flirt with them. Kitty sends him back and Illyana recognised him as Bamf from Kitty’s Fairy Tale. Kitty does find this absurd but she can see why she is having difficulties trying to get Nightcrawler back.

In the Fairy Tale land Colossus tries to break down a door but suddenly a huge stone cube drops down on him. The group believe that he is dead but he is able to make his way out from the cube and as they continue on the team suddenly disappear in a flash leaving Nightcrawler behind. Suddenly a huge demonic looking Bamf calling himself Dark Bamf appears before him. He is loyal to Shagreen and attacks Nightcrawler. The X-Man tries to get away but is knocked out. With that Dark Bamf carries him to a chamber where the others are being held. Shagreen is also there and he states he will kill each of them one by one as Nightcrawler watches. Their deaths will grant him more power and he will become the most powerful being in the universe.

My Thoughts

And now we come to the penultimate issue in the first Nightcrawler solo series. This issue is of course based on one of my favourite issues of the Uncanny X-Men (that’s #153 of course). It is great seeing these characters again from Kitty’s Fairy Tale since I feared that we would never see them again. Ok we did miss out of a few characters but the most important ones are there.

The main Fairy Tale character we saw was Bamf of course. His role in the issue was essential and it was very fun to see this character again. He is of course a smaller and cuter version of Nightcrawler who has the tendency to flirt with any woman he sees may they be human or otherwise. This isn’t a trait to just one individual but rather an entire species, wouldn’t want to be a female of the species. Every male but chat them up continuously.

Of course the real star of the issue is Nightcrawler (since this is his series). We saw him go toe to toe with flying monsters and a giant Dark Bamf. Ok he might have not fared too well against the Dark Bamf but it was great to see him in action like this. What was also funny is now people in this Fairy Tale universe are mistaking him for a Boggie much to his annoyance. I don’t think that I’ve ever seen him react in this manner and I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw it.

Lockheed also had an important role in this issue. When I say that I mean both the regular (and small) Lockheed alongside the Fairy Tale (and much, much bigger) Lockheed. It was funny to see the two interacting each other, like seeing the bigger Lockheed basically flick away the smaller Lockheed for misbehaving. The bigger Lockheed sounds a bit like a Cockney although I am leaning more towards the Welsh accent.

The only other character to have two different versions appear in this issue was Kitty Pryde who we saw her regular version along with her Fairy Tale version. Of course the Fairy Tale version is Colleen who also goes by the name Kitty. She unfortunately gets kidnapped in this issue (something that wouldn’t have happened if she had the regular Kitty’s phasing powers).

The overall story was really fun and I still love the fact that it ignores everything that is happening around the series (such as Magneto leading the X-Men and Secret Wars II). All that kind of stuff would just weigh it down where at least with this it doesn’t have to worry about any of that and just focus on the story. It is the ideal setting for Nightcrawler and I am saddened that there is only one more issue.

In conclusion I’m giving the issue a 9 out of 10. Fun to read from start to finish with little to fault.

Next Issue
    X-Men and Alpha Flight (Volume 1) #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

UncannyXMen.net released a spotlight on AoA Nightcrawler today. Great read!

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/characters/nightcrawler-aoa
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    UncannyXMen.net released a spotlight on AoA Nightcrawler today. Great read!

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/characters/nightcrawler-aoa
    What if Marvel Editorial have Nightcrawler marry Kitty and Quill to each other. That would be a kick in my face. Haha.

But I guess if Kitty makes it clear to Kurt she wants him to then I could deal. Painfully.

Issue Information
    Title- Nightcrawler (Volume 1) #4
    Release Date- February 1986
    Writer- Dave Cockrum
    Artist- Dave Cockrum

Major Notes
    Final Issue

Brief Summary

The Wizard of OOPs!

In Kitty’s Fairy Tale Land Nightcrawler, Pirate Kitty Pryde, Colossus and Mean are at the mercy of Shagreen. Nightcrawler still tries to maintain that he’s not a Boggie and he also wonders how Shagreen survived his fall from earlier. This is something that Shagreen isn’t willing to tell him.

In the real world Kitty Pryde and Illyana Rasputin are still trying to figure out how to get Nightcrawler home. Kitty has been able to lock onto the largest single reading that is similar to Nightcrawler. She presses the button and the giant Dark Bamf appears in the Danger Room. Immediately in terror she sends it back to where it came from.

Inside the fortress Bamf can sense his fellow Bamfs are nearby. He sees a guard at a cell door and he tries to insult him with a joke about his mother. The guard is unphased by this but a joke about his sister causes the guard to try and attack Bamf. The tiny creature is able to trip the guard down the stairs and knock him out. He then goes to steal the keys but he is tapped from behind. This greatly scares Bamf but when he turns he sees that it is Lockheed. Together they go to the cell door but when Bamf opens it he sees that the cell is filled with female Bamfs. He tells them what is happening and they’re all willing to fight Shagreen for their freedom.

Dark Bamf appears before Shagreen and he has no idea where he has just been. Nightcrawler states how Shagreen is losing the plot and suddenly Bamf, Lockheed and the females attack. The females seem to be attracted to Nightcrawler, but before the battle can be won Shagreen unleashes an energy blast which keeps them at bay. He intends to kill them but then a bolt of lightning comes down through the ceiling. The fairy tale Storm known as Windrider appears as she intends to rescue her friends. This causes a battle between the pair.

Nightcrawler and the others are still trapped but he figures that the thing holding them is actually a living creature. He tries to find a weak spot with his tail and discovers that the creature is ticklish. He uses his tail to tickle the creature and in its laughter it lets them go. Pirate Kitty goes to the hole in the wall and sees the big Lockheed who ate the monster that tried to drown him.
    The battle between Shagreen and Windrider intensifies and Colossus goes to strike the villain but is struck down by Dark Bamf instead. Nightcrawler using a mace tries to destroy the crystal ball on Shagreen’s staff but when he succeeds it does nothing as Shagreen expected this. He is pushed away and as he recovers the female Bamfs surround him.

In the Danger Room Kitty and Illyana are still trying to figure out what to do. Kitty presses a button and it allows them to see what is happening in the fairy tale world. Kitty sees the alternate version of herself and the big battle that’s going on. This gives her an idea as she realises that they can see them as well. Kitty appears as a giant floating head and tries to scare Shagreen but he fires an energy bolt at her that causes her to fall through the vortex and into the middle of the battle. She is a little embarrassed but the small Lockheed comes to her and he is extremely happy to be with her again. Illyana panics and closes her eyes as she presses a button. This causes Kitty and Lockheed to appear right besides her. When Kitty asks what she did Illyana doesn’t know because she wasn’t looking.

The battle continues between Shagreen and Windrider. Nightcrawler is worried but suddenly he comes up with an idea. He is able to sneak up on Shagreen from behind and using a chain is able to pull away his staff. This gives Windrider the opening she needs to defeat him. Nightcrawler knows the smaller gem on the bottom of the staff is the source of Shagreen’s power and when he destroys it Nightcrawler himself disappears. Dark Bamf seperates into hundreds of male Bamfs and with all the bamfs reunited they teleport away. Shagreen is captured but the others begin to wonder where Nightcrawler has gone. Mean calls him a Boggie where he is harshly corrected by the others.

Nightcrawler finds himself in another reality where he is confronted by a cowboy dinosaur named Cretaceous Sam. He isn’t fond of mammals and he wants to destroy Nightcrawler where he stands. In his panic Nightcrawler calls himself a Boggie before striking Sam down. Nightcrawler thinks that he is losing his mind and he demands to get out of this madhouse.

Instantly Nightcrawler disappears again and finds himself in another world. He tries to say Klpzyxm but this has no effect whatsoever. He is then confronted by a monster and is forced to teleport
    away. He reappears a short distance away and he realises that he is in a familiar place. He recognises it as the world he travelled to during his encounter with the Vanisher. He wishes to see Sehv the Oracle and in front of him he sees the women he met before. They remember him and they lead him to where he wants to be.

Nightcrawler waits by the TV and moments later Sehv appears on the screen. She is surprised to see him and he explains to her what has happened to him. She explains that he still has some Darkforce left him in from his previous adventure here and when Kitty tried to recreate the well in the Danger Room it brought the real well to him. He has remained in the same place while the well moved on and it has been Kitty’s unintentional interference which has caused his jumps from one world to another. He wishes to go home and Sehv tells him that he can will his way home through the Darkforce and hint of Shagreen’s magic within him. She tells him to have a clear image of his home, family and friends in his head and then will himself there. He thanks her for her help and even offers a reward.

In the real world Kitty is beginning to give up. She has tried everything she knows to get Nightcrawler back but nothing has worked. Suddenly Nightcrawler appears in the Danger Room and he tells her not to touch the controls. Kitty is overjoyed to see him and gives him a huge hug. She begs him not to leave them again and he agrees if she doesn’t break his neck. The group walk way so they can have cookies and milk, Nightcrawler is going to tell them about everything that happened to him on his adventure.

My Thoughts

Sadly we come to the end of the first and in my mind the best Nightcrawler solo series. The series as a whole and this issue has been fun from start to finish and there isn’t that much I can falter.
    Nightcrawler is at his best in this issue as he shows heroics but also seems to be a little over his head with everything which is understandable given everything that has happened to him recently. He even thought that he was losing his mind since he told the dinosaur cowboy that he was a Boggie.

I saw different references to different things in this issue as well. Of course Kitty’s giant head projection is a nod to the Wizard of Oz, one of Bamfs insult to the guard was similar to one from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The reference I was most surprised with was that near the end Nightcrawler made a reference to Superman. When he tried to say Klpzyxm this is a reference to Mr Mxyzplk who is a Superman villain with almost infinite power, by making him say his name backwards you force him back to his own dimension. I’m surprised to find a DC Comics reference in a Marvel Comic but at least it’s not slander so hopefully DC didn’t mind.

Sadly this is the last time we see many of the Fairy Tale characters. I think we do see Bamf later in Excalibur and Mean does appear in another comic for a brief time. Other characters such as Kitty, Colossus, Windrider and Lockheed never appear again which I think is a real shame (That is not including reprints of course). I think there should have been at least a Limited Series based on that universe, it would have been fun but still I think that time has passed. Shagreen has also never appeared again and I can only assume he’s still in jail for what he has done in the Fairy Tale land.

The last dimension that Nightcrawler travelled to was one where he had previously visited back in Bizarre Adventures #27. He and the Vanisher accidentally ended up there after a battle and they needed to work together to get out. This is the first time that this world has been depicted in colour since the original story was in black and white. Once again after this issue I don’t think we ever see this world again.

The battle was fun to read as we got to see that Windrider is powerful in her own way and for Nightcrawler it reminded him of when they first met. As usual evil is defeated and good prevails, it is something that we’re used to seeing but still in this series you don’t particularly mind.

I’m also wondering if the world where Nightcrawler meets Cretaceous Sam is the same world where the dinosaur like people come from. A few appear in the Excalibur series (including dinosaur versions of Excalibur themselves). It would be a nice little hint to the future.

I’m beginning to think that there might be a kinky side to Illyana as she stated in the last panel that she wants to hear what happened when Nightcrawler was naked for a few moments. Kitty reveals that Illyana owns copies of Playgirl which I’m guessing is like Playboy but for women.

In conclusion I’m giving the issue another 9 out of 10. It was an all round great series and I’m sad that it has ended.

Next Issue
    Uncanny X-Men (Volume 1) #202
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One