Page 101 of 171 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2563

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Maybe he lied. Or all along, Kurt's been a 616 version of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz.
    Next a platypus kicks his ass.

What gripes me more than anything else is the fallback to the priestly act, even in jest. I swear, they are NEVER ever going to get past that.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Do you want scans? Ill post them. The art was horrendous. It's basically Kurt getting drunk with a bunch of people talking to an old ex lover of wolverines who is writing a book on Wolverine. It is cringe worthy. It's like im glad they don't forget he's part of the JGS but i would rather him be forgot about then what we got.

Here they are. The 3 Pages of Kurt.

Shudders again.
    Hmm, thanks. Is it sad that I'm just happy he's acting an odd priestly imp and not and out and out asshole? I was scared. Hahaha. I was afraid they
    had him walking over Logan's corpse or something ala Second Coming. Also, I thought the Melita and Logan relatoinship was erased from both Logan and Melitas mind. I mean their relatonship wasn't very serious so Im surprised she would write a book either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    What gripes me more than anything else is the fallback to the priestly act, even in jest. I swear, they are NEVER ever going to get past that.
    Well, I give this leeway because if there was ever a time for Kurt to fallback on his spirituality it would be the death of a loved one. But yeah, it could have been handled better.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-18-2014 at 12:13 PM.

"This liquid is the air that filled his lungs...
    The spirit that renews our own..."

So Kurt's a drunken Evangelical Asgardian Elf now?

Gross, Nightcrawler is way to classy for this...if he got stupid grief stricken drunk he'd be alone...having an interior monologue with Logan...I'd buy that book...

Thank you for posting Slicknickshady
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Eh. That wasn't priestly.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

This is the first time i have been like...I don't recognize this Kurt and it's OOC imo in a long time. Lately, My two other favorite characters Rogue and Kitty have had multiple portrayals in the comics that don't make sense to me when i think of there characters. This was the first time recently that Kurt has imo been portrayed ooc. That of course is up for interpretation. I wonder what Claremont thinks of that portrayal in WatXM. I would ask Nauck but he doesn't seem like he would criticize anything. Gotta be careful writing or doing art for X-Books not to say anything that would get controversy.

Also, It just drives hope the point why i love the Mcguinnes and Nauck BAMFS..and hate the WATXM Bamfs. They were harrasing the book writer the previous page i didn't post when Nightcrawler swooped in and apoligized.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    So Kurt's a drunken Evangelical Asgardian Elf now?
    Yeah, that's kind of how I took it -- it wasn't him falling back on spirituality(which would make sense if handled more seriously) so much as a parody of Christianity -- revival tent drunken oration which isn't a part of Catholicism to start with. Can I have an AMEN brothers?
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 10-19-2014 at 01:09 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

This may sound dumb, but what really annoys me is the (continuous and irresponsible) glorification of alcohol. I guess it's something of my own...

Is everyone really upset that Kurt got drunk because someone died? I mean it happens, when does Kurt really get drunk - last time a remember one time during the Beyonder mess. I mean it doesnt happen much but it isnt completely OOC. Marvel has shown characters to do much worse during grief. I mean look at Logan, he got shitfaced when Mariko and Kurt died and he even became violent. Kurt just sacrificed his seat in heaven for his best friend - he obviously loves him that much - and now he's been so quickly taken away. If Kurt is drunk all the time then I'll complain. I mean Im assuming this is a more personal gathering then Logan's actual send-off. Do I like it? Nah. Kurt's involvement in Logans death has been pretty lackluster - Nightcrawler series included. But I'm just not seeing the reason for such an reaction. The most is it is a meh. But then I didnt like Aarons Memorial issue for NC and found that way more offensive when many on here liked it. I guess it depends on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    This may sound dumb, but what really annoys me is the (continuous and irresponsible) glorification of alcohol. I guess it's something of my own...
    How is it, though? Logan and Kurt would sometimes drink and then punch heads. Now that's glorification. Kurt here is drinking out of grief which is equating alcohol with drinking for bad reasons - which is pretty true to life at times.

I dont know how much actual experience anyone on here has had with untimely death and grief but it isnt always so eloquent.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Eh. That wasn't priestly.
    Agreed. I had to reread it a couple of times but I read it more as Kurt playing the gesture/sage for others comfort while he isnt dealing with his own grief well but it kind of fails.

I really dont put Kurt on such a high pedestal. It would be pretty boring if he was the perfect sage all the time - I just wish we had different writer to handle it because these scans read like a parody. But maybe that was what was intended to convey Kurt forcing his act.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-19-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Is everyone really upset that Kurt got drunk because someone died? I mean it happens, when does Kurt really get drunk - last time a remember one time during the Beyonder mess. Marvel has shown characters to do much worse during grief. I mean look at Logan, he got shitfaced when Mariko and Kurt died and he even became violent. Kurt just sacrificed his seat in heaven for his best friend - he obviously loves him that much - and now he's been so quickly taken away. If Kurt is drunk all the time then I'll complain. I mean Im assuming this is a more personal gathering then Logan's actual send-off. Do I like it? Nah. Kurt's involvement in Logans death has been pretty lackluster - Nightcrawler series included. But I'm just not seeing the reason for such an reaction. The most is it is a meh. But then I didnt like Aarons Memorial issue for NC and found that way more offensive when many on here liked it. I guess it depends on the person.
    Well said Chia!

I think my response was a flamboyantly frustrated meh
    I'm simply running out of creative means for appreciating anything Kurt has been involved in since Aaron left Amazing...Nauck's art is the only truly consistent thing I can grasp onto. (Some tear jerking moments from CC but that's more about HIM than it is about Kurt).

Honestly I would ship an entire arc of Kurt drinking, being erratic, angry, hot-blooded, questing, soul-searching - taking a long hard walk away from the X-Men...I'd love to see Kurt established as a completely independent character in Marvel U. Why not? He's perfect for it! No Avengers, No X-Men, No S.H.I.E.L.D. - give him a big GOTG appearance with Kitty as a set up and let him GO! If anybody should be manning a sister ship to the Star Jammers it's Kurt!
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

Well said Chia!

I think my response was a flamboyantly frustrated meh
    I'm simply running out of creative means for appreciating anything Kurt has been involved in since Aaron left Amazing...Nauck's art is the only truly consistent thing I can grasp onto. (Some tear jerking moments from CC but that's more about HIM than it is about Kurt).

Honestly I would ship an entire arc of Kurt drinking, being erratic, angry, hot-blooded, questing, soul-searching - taking a long hard walk away from the X-Men...I'd love to see Kurt established as a completely independent character in Marvel U. Why not? He's perfect for it! No Avengers, No X-Men, No S.H.I.E.L.D. - give him a big GOTG appearance with Kitty as a set up and let him GO! If anybody should be manning a sister ship to the Star Jammers it's Kurt!
    Thats all good, Sungila. You should expect more. I think I'm just jaded by now. I would also love to see Kurt make a break from the XU. Especially if he isnt going to take a major leadership role in the X-Men. This guy actually died from human hatred. How does anyone come back from that same old same old? Thats one of the reasons why I didnt care for the recent NC issue. Its like Logan forced him to play the optimist again when he wasn't ready. I felt it belittled his sacrifice. Not very compelling IMHO. Not sure I want it quite as dark as you do but I'd love to see a more passionate/assertive Kurt again like in Excalibur.

Thats all good, Sungila. You should expect more. I think I'm just jaded by now. I would also love to see Kurt make a break from the XU. Especially if he isnt going to take a major leadership role in the X-Men. This guy actually died from human hatred. How does anyone come back from that same old same old? Thats one of the reasons why I didnt care for the recent NC issue. Its like Logan forced him to play the optimist again when he wasn't ready. I felt it belittled his sacrifice. Not very compelling IMHO. Not sure I want it quite as dark as you do but I'd love to see a more passionate/assertive Kurt again like in Excalibur.
    That would be best. Still...how would he get there without going through the darkness?
    I see anything backward as same old, same old and like you said...that guy died.

That would be best. Still...how would he get there without going through the darkness?
    I see anything backward as same old, same old and like you said...that guy died.
    Haha, Im not sure. Im not afraid of darkness at all but Im afraid on how Marvel does darkness and a lot of times its not always handled well - re Chuck Austen or some current darker takes on characters that Marvel is producing. I want a writer who can handle it with out it being too much like an ad for edginess. "Hey look at me I'm being edgy. Ooooh!"

Haha, Im not sure. Im not afraid of darkness at all but Im afraid on how Marvel does darkness and a lot of times its not always handled well - re Chuck Austen or some current darker takes on characters that Marvel is producing. I want a writer who can handle it with out it being too much like an ad for edginess. "Hey look at me I'm being edgy. Ooooh!"
    Oh yes, you do have a point there Chia.
    Ha ha - "an ad for edginess" - that is Marvel(ous)