Page 102 of 171 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2563
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Oh yes, you do have a point there Chia.
    Ha ha - "an ad for edginess" - that is Marvel(ous)
    Lol, yeah, well a lot of times nowadays it comes off as the writers excuse to shock people by showing a character acting a way he doesnt normally and not because they have a deeper story they want to tell. Good examples of the latter is Tony Starks alcoholism or Storm going punk during CC's original run.

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Oh my, it's been a little while. Sorry about that; I'm in a play at present and rehearsals have been kicking my butt, but they're over now.

What have I missed?
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie & Clyde

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Is everyone really upset that Kurt got drunk because someone died? I mean it happens, when does Kurt really get drunk - last time a remember one time during the Beyonder mess. I mean it doesnt happen much but it isnt completely OOC. Marvel has shown characters to do much worse during grief. I mean look at Logan, he got shitfaced when Mariko and Kurt died and he even became violent. Kurt just sacrificed his seat in heaven for his best friend - he obviously loves him that much - and now he's been so quickly taken away. If Kurt is drunk all the time then I'll complain. I mean Im assuming this is a more personal gathering then Logan's actual send-off. Do I like it? Nah. Kurt's involvement in Logans death has been pretty lackluster - Nightcrawler series included. But I'm just not seeing the reason for such an reaction. The most is it is a meh. But then I didnt like Aarons Memorial issue for NC and found that way more offensive when many on here liked it. I guess it depends on the person.

How is it, though? Logan and Kurt would sometimes drink and then punch heads. Now that's glorification. Kurt here is drinking out of grief which is equating alcohol with drinking for bad reasons - which is pretty true to life at times.

I dont know how much actual experience anyone on here has had with untimely death and grief but it isnt always so eloquent.

I really dont put Kurt on such a high pedestal. It would be pretty boring if he was the perfect sage all the time
    Don't heed me too much, I'm just oversensitive or pretty much aware on this alcohol stuff because of past sad experiences. I don't think a drunk Kurt is OOC at all, he drinks regularly and he did it in excess in the past when he was really down (Beyonder, breakup with Jimaine, lost soul). And I rather like, as you do, an imperfect and human Kurt than a "Super NC". It's just that alcohol as essential resource of any kind of celebration, escape, relationship, relevant or trivial moment, grinds me a bit --in fiction as well as in real life. But I insist: it's my problem, don't take me into consideration.

Lol, yeah, well a lot of times nowadays it comes off as the writers excuse to shock people by showing a character acting a way he doesnt normally and not because they have a deeper story they want to tell. Good examples of the latter is Tony Starks alcoholism or Storm going punk during CC's original run.
    Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    That would be best. Still...how would he get there without going through the darkness?
    I see anything backward as same old, same old and like you said...that guy died.
    Something in the style of Lou Reed's album "Magic & Loss" would be absolutely wonderful: "There's a bit of magic in everything and some loss to even things out". I doubt there are writers of such a level in Marvel now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantJinx View Post
    What have I missed?
    A few Nobel prizes .
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 10-21-2014 at 06:07 AM.

I love Todd.

https://twitter.com/ToddNauck/status/524024176772800512

Todd Nauck ‏@ToddNauck Oct 19

@hithahspam Kurt would totally agree with me. He knows how awesome Kitty is. I reread the 1st 24issues of Excalibur. A LOT of fun. Classic.

Spectacular Member

Is anyone else excited about Kurt's involvement in AXIS?

I know I am.

Too many times in past Marvel-wide "events", Nightcrawler was relegated to the background (Secret Wars) or non-existent (Infinity Gauntlet). He's featured fairly prominently this time around, having already saved Cyclops, Havok, and Iron Man from sure death and interacting with Sue Storm and Medusa to top it off.

If he's "inverted", I'm looking forward to see what he's like, even if it is similar to Kurt Darkholme.

Anyone else satisfied? Or are you disappointed/uninterested in his portrayal thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post

I know I am.
    I would be, but unfortunately, Kurt hasn't faired too well in crossover events. In Mutant Massacre, the original crossover event, he was beaten all the way to Europe. In Messiah Complex, he got knocked out early. He got possessed in Necrosha. In Second Coming he was killed. Got captured right away in No More Humans.

He did ok in Age of Apocalypse, but that was a different, battle-hardened Kurt, and even that one got killed in X-Termination. Hell, 2 Kurts got killed in that event.
    Last edited by Tobinator; 10-23-2014 at 08:17 AM.

I know I am.

Too many times in past Marvel-wide "events", Nightcrawler was relegated to the background (Secret Wars) or non-existent (Infinity Gauntlet). He's featured fairly prominently this time around, having already saved Cyclops, Havok, and Iron Man from sure death and interacting with Sue Storm and Medusa to top it off.

If he's "inverted", I'm looking forward to see what he's like, even if it is similar to Kurt Darkholme.

Anyone else satisfied? Or are you disappointed/uninterested in his portrayal thus far?
    Oh my goodness yes! I'm very pleased so far with Kurt's presence, prominence and heroism. I haven't gotten to read my copy of #3 yet, but I'm looking forward to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobinator View Post
    I would be, but unfortunately, Kurt hasn't faired too well in crossover events. In Mutant Massacre, the original crossover event, he was beaten all the way to Europe. In Messiah Complex, he got knocked out early. He got possessed in Necrosha. In Second Coming he was killed. Got captured right away in No More Humans.

He did ok in Age of Apocalypse, but that was a different, battle-hardened Kurt, and even that one got killed in X-Termination. Hell, 2 Kurts got killed in that event.
    Yep, this is why I'm skeptical, but Kurt is being inverted and may be similar to Darkholme. It annoys me though, he can only kick ass if he's darkened as a character. Lets not forgot he was barely present in Days of Future Past and was killed. Oh and all those "What If" stories where he dies. It really is difficult to be an NC fan a lot of times. Excalibur and maybe the WatX cartoon is the best we'll ever have it. I've practically given up.

Amazing Member

I don't know, I didn't see the WOTXM #10 as him getting drunk due to grief, or losing his faith. I took it as more of an homage to his friend. If they'd have been dealing with anyone else dying, I'm sure Kurt would have been his normal spiritual self But we're talking about Logan. I think if it had been Storm (gods forbid) that had died, he'd have been in her garden, or thinking off in nature somewhere. But since it's Logan, what better way to pay homage to one of his best friends than to raise a glass and honor the man the way he thought Wolverine would appreciate most? I will say that I thought the art in that issue was entirely wrong for the story, the cartoonish drawing style really clashed with the point they were trying to make. So much so that it was almost jarring to read. But I think storywise it had much more to do with Kurt knowing that Logan would have wanted that type of a celebration of his um, death, as it were than him being OOC. I think the story was trying to show how well Kurt knew Logan, and knew he wouldn't have wanted a typical sad, tears falling, dour type of a rememberance.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Have you seen this?

Preview AXIS #6: http://community.comicbookresources....ot-AXIS-quot-6

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Have you seen this?

Preview AXIS #6: http://community.comicbookresources....ot-AXIS-quot-6
    I love the Dodson's but I thought that Kurt looked a little weird. Very interested to see where the story is 3 issues down the line. I feel like I'm getting a much more clear idea that he and Rogue definitely ARE inverted . . . Mystique maybe too.

Here's the tie in with Kurt vs. Creed. The art here Kurt looks better. Not that Dodson is bad, I like his work usually but I'm not feeling his Kurt here. Though in the tie in Kurt doesn't appear to have the red eyes and scar he is in the above preview by Dodson. Is that just an mistake or has Kurt not been fully inverted? Anyway, still not sold on this. We already had a revengeful red-eyed Kurt just recently. I would like something a little more well-rounded character. So I hope we get some real good stuff for 616 Kurt soon. Because I find Kurt the pushover vs. Kurt the bitter warrior not that appealing for choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post

Spectacular Member

Here's the tie in with Kurt vs. Creed. The art here Kurt looks better. Not that Dodson is bad, I like his work usually but I'm not feeling his Kurt here. Though in the tie in Kurt doesn't appear to have the red eyes and scar he is in the above preview by Dodson. Is that just an mistake or has Kurt not been fully inverted? Anyway, still not sold on this. We already had a revengeful red-eyed Kurt just recently. I would like something a little more well-rounded character. So I hope we get some real good stuff for 616 Kurt soon. Because I find Kurt the pushover vs. Kurt the bitter warrior not that appealing for choices.
    That preview looks great!

Good Kurt was often depicted as a pushover, especially in whatever "Big Marvel Event" happened to be going on at the time. See the first instance of Secret Wars in which he looked like a giant buffoon.

I hope a villainous Kurt is no pushover. I am also hoping he's not too much like Kurt Darkholme, who tended to brood. I'm hoping inverted Kurt is devilish in a bad way.

That preview looks great!

Good Kurt was often depicted as a pushover, especially in whatever "Big Marvel Event" happened to be going on at the time. See the first instance of Secret Wars in which he looked like a giant buffoon.

I hope a villainous Kurt is no pushover. I am also hoping he's not too much like Kurt Darkholme, who tended to brood. I'm hoping inverted Kurt is devilish in a bad way.
    They always weakify Kurt in big events... or make him look silly. Its annoying, I'm just peeved that the only way they have NC kick ass in modern Marvel is by being darkened, in essence this is an AU Kurt and I dont like that implication. Under Ellis Kurt was very much a badass without being inverted - its kind of sad that current Marvel feels 616 Kurt cant kick ass. But he has to be twisted to do it. And once this is done will Kurt go back to the sidelines of Schism or will he stand up and lead? Would anyone have rather saw real Kurt go after Creed? An Ellis-like Kurt who is more confident and making tougher decisions but not being sadistic? I mean this being an inverted Kurt kind of takes away from the drama of Kurt avenging Logan.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-24-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by storml View Post
    I don't know, I didn't see the WOTXM #10 as him getting drunk due to grief, or losing his faith. I took it as more of an homage to his friend. If they'd have been dealing with anyone else dying, I'm sure Kurt would have been his normal spiritual self But we're talking about Logan. I think if it had been Storm (gods forbid) that had died, he'd have been in her garden, or thinking off in nature somewhere. But since it's Logan, what better way to pay homage to one of his best friends than to raise a glass and honor the man the way he thought Wolverine would appreciate most? I will say that I thought the art in that issue was entirely wrong for the story, the cartoonish drawing style really clashed with the point they were trying to make. So much so that it was almost jarring to read. But I think storywise it had much more to do with Kurt knowing that Logan would have wanted that type of a celebration of his um, death, as it were than him being OOC. I think the story was trying to show how well Kurt knew Logan, and knew he wouldn't have wanted a typical sad, tears falling, dour type of a rememberance.
    Actually, that interpretation makes sense.

Too many times in past Marvel-wide "events", Nightcrawler was relegated to the background (Secret Wars) or non-existent (Infinity Gauntlet). He's featured fairly prominently this time around, having already saved Cyclops, Havok, and Iron Man from sure death and interacting with Sue Storm and Medusa to top it off.[/b]
    I admit I like this. Now more of THIS Kurt in future events from now on.

AAAANND...

Here is an Anonymous X-character survey for those interested:

http://community.comicbookresources....favorite-X-Men
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-24-2014 at 09:22 PM.