Page 104 of 171 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2563

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    A) Thank you for sharing.
    B) Aw, man . . . I thought I was done reading Deadpool forever! So much for that :P
    Seriously..I have never read an issue of Deadpool. The issue had me rolling! haha. "Genosha. Red Onslaught." "Yeah, Evan. We should def hit up Red Lobster". lol. Or something like that.

BANNED

Those earrings though......

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post

What is this from? I love Kurt with earnings its so pirate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mein Freund View Post
    What is this from? I love Kurt with earnings its so pirate.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=24291

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post

See, I prefer one earring on guys style-wise but I know men wear two now...

Pretty good looking preview, though. I may pick it up because Kyle and Yost aren't on it.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-28-2014 at 07:56 PM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mein Freund View Post
    I love Kurt with earnings its so pirate.
    Or so gipsy. I always thought it's a pity that Kurt's gipsy connection was never explored, as it's a so attractive side that fit so well in his idiosyncrasy. Besides, it would let him have a special relationship and so many things in common with Wanda, Pietro...and specially Meggan. A wasted opportunity, indeed.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 10-29-2014 at 03:22 AM.

Here is a recent Nauck and I Convo on twitter if you want to read the whole thing.

https://twitter.com/ToddNauck/status/527646517717237760

I capped the important parts tho.

tn1.JPG

and

tn2.JPG

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Todd Nauck seems incredibly awesome
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Yeah, He faved a tweet of mine where i said Claremont would not have made that "Katya" "Katzchen" mistake. I also let him know about the latest Deadpool issue and Watxm 10 from two weeks ago and wanted to see his reaction to Nightcrawler in both of those. He said he hadnt got to those yet but will def catch up now. Nauck only just bought Axis #3 today. Work has him backed up a bit he said. Obviously.

Todd Nauck ‏@ToddNauck 4h4 hours ago

@Slicknickshady Didn't read his Deadpool appearance. Just got AXIS 3 today. Haven't read it yet. Work has me a bit behind. :P

Issue Information
    Title- Bizarre Adventures (Volume 1) #27 (Third Story)
    Release Date- July 1981
    Writer- Mary Jo Duffy & Bob Layton
    Artist- Dave Cockrum & Ricardo Villamonte

Major Notes
    Features Nightcrawler

Brief Summary

Show Me The Way To Go Home…

The X-Men are watching a Zorro film on the TV. Their peace is suddenly disturbed when Cerebro begins to sound off and Nightcrawler teleports to it to see what is happening. Cerebro has detected half a mutant in a city called Poughkeepsie. The X-Men wonder why it is only half a mutant but nonetheless they jet off to Poughkeepsie.

When the team arrive in the city they see that the mutant is none other than the old villain Vanisher. There is only half of him there since his battle with the Champions the member Darkstar used her darkforce powers to prevent him from escaping when he tried to teleport away. Nightcrawler touches the villain on the shoulder and this causes an energy burst that can be seen for miles.

Surrounded by the Darkforce Nightcrawler and the Vanisher see numerous different versions of themselves and the next thing the heroic mutant knows he is in a strange world. He begins to question where he is but he suddenly sees four beautiful women in front of him. They comment on how cute he is and ask him he wants to be a god or a king since they have an opening for one. Nightcrawler respectfully declines and tries to teleport away but discovers that instead of going Bamf he goes Poot and is stuck exactly where he started.

Some distance away the Vanisher is also coming to and now he is wearing the darkforce like a suit. He is also approached by four beautiful women, they consider him to become their god as well and Vanisher tries to teleport away but much like Nightcrawler discovers that he cannot. He tries to pull a sword out of the darkforce suit that he is wearing but it melts away and he is taken by the women.

Nightcrawler is enjoying some drinks with the women who reveal that there are no men on their planet. There have been many gods on their planets who seem to come and go. When Nightcrawler asks where these men come from the women don’t know but suggest that he should see the Oracle.

Nightcrawler is taken to a strange tree house like plant where he sees what seems to be a TV. He turns one of the dials and he sees what looks to be an elderly woman, she introduces herself as Sehv and warns him that if he grieves her she will place a curse upon him. Nightcrawler explains his situation and Sehv tells him that not too far from where they are is a well which exists in every reality. It sucks in dimensional junk like warps and dumps them here. By jumping in this well he will return to where he came from but only if he takes everything that he has brought with him, no more, no less or else he could end up somewhere completely different. Nightcrawler thanks her for the advice but before he leaves she dies warn him that there could be drawbacks.

Days later Vanisher is being treated like a king by the women. He plans to stay for all eternity but he is then startled when Nightcrawler suddenly appears out of the shadows. Nightcrawler knows that he must bring Vanisher back with him even though the villain doesn’t want to leave. This leads to a fight between the pair and everything that Vanisher tries seems to fail like throwing pottery at him and attempting to defeat Nightcrawler in swashbuckling that heavily goes in the hero’s favour.

Their fight takes them to outside of the building. Nightcrawler is able to apply a submission hold on Vanisher which convinces the villain to come with him. The pair walk away while the women wave goodbye to them and they are not too bothered about losing them at all. They want them to come back if they can.

Minutes later the two mutants arrive at the well which Sehv had spoken about. Vanisher tries to use the darkforce again to try and stop Nightcrawler but he still cannot properly control it. At one point he even thinks that he has destroyed Nightcrawler but the hero is fine. They cannot fight much longer as a huge ferocious beast arrives and as their only chance of survival they both jump into the well.

The next thing that they know they are back in Poughkeepsie. Practically no time has passed since they left and the X-Men are still there. Vanisher tries to intimidate the team but when he realises that he is completely naked now that he no longer has the darkforce he teleports away. The X-Men begin to ask Nightcrawler where they have been, he responds that they were in paradise before he teleports away leaving the X-Men somewhat confused.

My Thoughts

So this is the final of the three X-Men solo stories in this issue of Bizarre Adventures. This one is the only one not to spotlight on one of the original X-Men but rather the New X-Men member Nightcrawler. Once again it is also in black and white but even so all the art in this story and the previous ones have been fantastic.

The first thing to say about this issue is that I’m not one hundred percent sure when it takes place. It takes place before Cyclops left the team and Kitty Pryde joined and also before Wolverine got his new costume. But there is no Jean Grey which means it is while she thinks the X-Men are dead and Xavier is in space with Lilandra. Banshee is missing from the line up, he was an X-Man at the time even though he had lost his powers. Although he could just be running an errand at the time.

The overall story was very fun and took a dip into a more fantasy element that we don’t see all that often in the series. Of course it is all fantasy but in this case I mean classic fantasy with magic and distant worlds. This seems to suit Nightcrawler very well and I think this could possibly lead to the wacky little adventure that he had in his first limited series even though in that series we see this place as well.

It was definitely an interesting idea to have Nightcrawler having to tackle with the Vanisher who has made his first appearance in an X-Men story since the whole business with Factor Three way back in the original X-Men line-up. I think this is also the first time that the Vanisher has been the central villain of an X-Men story since his first appearance in the second issue of X-Men back in 1963.

Nightcrawler and Vanisher worked well together as a hero/villain relationship as both have the same powers while one wants to promote human/mutant relations the other uses his purely for his own gain. They are mirror images of each other in a way, Vanisher kind of represents what
    Nightcrawler could have been if he used his teleportation powers for his own greedy needs rather than using them to benefit others. It was also good to see them in hand to hand combat since neither could use their teleportation abilities. I still find it funny to see Vanisher try to defeat Nightcrawler in a swordfight. (Ain’t gonna happen).

Mary Jo Duffy once again writes this issue along with Bob Layton but in this story we are graced with the art of Dave Cockrum who knows Nightcrawler better than any man since he was the one who created him in the first place (So glad that he was put in X-Men rather than the Legion Of Superheroes). It was some fantastic art which was also helped by Ricardo Villamonte which sadly we will never see again.

The whole idea of the women making the two mutants their gods was pretty funny and I guess it is a dream of most men having so many beautiful women at the beck and call. Like Nightcrawler said it probably is paradise but maybe after a while it might be boring having all your needs done for you. It kind of takes the fun out of life but maybe Nightcrawler could have done something with it.

In conclusion I’m giving the story an 8 out of 10. A really fun read that is a great read for Nightcrawler and X-Men fans alike.

Next Issue
    Uncanny X-Men (Volume 1) #148
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Thank you, a0040pc. I would love to follow your whole X-Men Read Through thread, but I guess then I couldn't do anything more with my life, hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    The whole idea of the women making the two mutants their gods was pretty funny and I guess it is a dream of most men having so many beautiful women at the beck and call. Like Nightcrawler said it probably is paradise but maybe after a while it might be boring having all your needs done for you. It kind of takes the fun out of life but maybe Nightcrawler could have done something with it.
    Boring...and quite exhausting >:-) .

I loved the sign to The Beatles and Yellow Submarine - the movie --the black hole that can be picked from the floor and kept in your pocket ^ ^ .

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Thank you, a0040pc. I would love to follow your whole X-Men Read Through thread, but I guess then I couldn't do anything more with my life, hahaha!

Boring...and quite exhausting >:-) .

I loved the sign to The Beatles and Yellow Submarine - the movie --the black hole that can be picked from the floor and kept in your pocket ^ ^ .
    Sure you can read it. I think you'd enjoy it a lot.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

I'm loving the AXIS stuff, or at least what I've seen of it. It should be very interesting to see where it all goes.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie & Clyde

New preview art and an interview with James Tynion IV up at Newsarama.

Given that he's been dealing with Aurora's particular brand of judgmental Catholicism for years, I don’t know that I agree with the idea that Northstar would be threatened by Kurt’s much more relaxed views, but we’ll see how that plays out on the page. Jean-Paul's not exactly a trusting soul.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-04-2014 at 01:32 AM.

The art looks wonderful and with Kurt and JP both featuring in the issue, it's a win/win for me personally.

I'm concerned about the mention of Kurt's religion, though, as he's not an in-your-face judgmental type, and I wouldn't want to see him pull that with Northstar or Anole, but I hope all goes well with the story.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 11-04-2014 at 02:57 AM.