Page 167 of 171 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2563
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

And yet, there's people who wonder why we love Kurt <3

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Kurt from the recent Domino annual. I find it both humorous and nice that Kurt is the go-to guy for this sort of thing. And remember when Stacy put the moves on Kurt?

You forgot the best part tho:

Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

The solits for February have dropped. And yeah, I am 100% here for this Nightcrawler mini:

AGE OF X-MAN: THE AMAZING NIGHTCRAWLER #1 (OF 5)
    SEAN MCGUIRE (W) • JUAN FRIGERI (A)
    COVER BY SHANE DAVIS, MICHELLE DELECKI & FEDERICO BLEE
    VARIANT COVER BY KOI PHAM
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    SECRET VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    ENTER THE AGE OF X-MAN!
    From the Munich circus to Hollywood Boulevard, Nightcrawler is starring in his own solo series!
    Kurt Wagner is the biggest celebrity slash super hero since Dwayne Johnson!
    Juggling Kurt’s responsibilities as one of the X-Men and a slate of summer blockbusters would be tough without the best support staff in the business: Stunt coordinator Magma! Personal trainer Kylun! And of course, his leading lady Meggan!
    But there’s something rotten in Tinseltown...

It just sounds like a lot of fun, which is what a Nightcrawler book should be about. I'm excited! And always good to see Kylun and Meggan!!!

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

That does sound really fun

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    How is the Domino comic? I never really took to her because she was originally so tied to Cable who I resent, for various reasons. However, when she is interacting with characters like Colossus, Dazzler, Nightcrawler, etc...I adore her. She and Nightcrawler in that one preview alone, catch my interest far more than Nightcrawler and Rachel. Very cool.
    I don't know. I haven't been reading it. I got these at a website. I know waaay back people mentioned the idea of Kurt and Domino together. I wouldn't mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    You forgot the best part tho:

That's because I stole it from somewhere online. I didn't buy it and they didn't have your scan. Thanks! I love it! I love Kurt declaring confidently that he can just kick everyone's ass if they get out of line.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 11-20-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    I don't know. I haven't been reading it. I got these at a website. I know waaay back people mentioned the idea of Kurt and Domino together. I wouldn't mind it.

That's because I stole it from somewhere online. I didn't buy it and they didn't have your scan. Thanks! I love it! I love Kurt declaring confidently that he can just kick everyone's ass if they get out of line.
    Me too. I found a site where I get full scans of everything Marvel publishes gradually throughout the day they're released. It's how I'm reading the entirety of 616 chronologically.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

I haven't read the Domino series, but the annual itself was good (not just the Nightcrawler storyline). I've been thinking I might pick it up in trade.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    It just sounds like a lot of fun, which is what a Nightcrawler book should be about. I'm excited! And always good to see Kylun and Meggan!!!
    Indeed! Although his suit is awful X/

I hope he's got a legal proper concract as a stuntman, or he will end up kicked out down into a river like Longshot.

Aw, thank you Chia. It's nice seeing the bearded Kurt leading this support group meeting from the Domino annual. Perfectly realized in role, voice and spirit. Well done Gail Simone!

I don't know about this 'Amazing' title. Fortunately this is a part to be played by an alternate version. Kurt as the next Dwane Johnson? Oh so misunderstood...

But isn't this what you always wanted?

Ach, um...sure.

I think the Kurt who got cast for this part might need a sit down with the Kurt from the Domino annual.
    Last edited by sungila; 11-21-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Please tell me the beard is coming back after AoXM!

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Please tell me the beard is coming back after AoXM!
    I sure hope so.

@Sungila

Yeah, I think the comparison to the Rock is done in fun. I expect this Kurt to be pretty OTT, and a ham for the spotlight. CC played with the Hollywood action hero idea in XMen, the End, too.

For me, it'll be fun to finally see a version of him with Meg. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I sure hope so.

@Sungila

Yeah, I think the comparison to the Rock is done in fun. I expect this Kurt to be pretty OTT, and a ham for the spotlight. CC played with the Hollywood action hero idea in XMen, the End, too.

For me, it'll be fun to finally see a version of him with Meg. ��

From what I've 'heard' Seanan McGuire's X-Men Black Mystique #1 is potently hypodermic and deftly rendered. I don't know if these black titles are individual one-shots or ongoings. But I am excited she's bringing these talents and attention to Nightcrawler. (I'll have to find a copy of Mystique X-Men Black now too.)

Of course I was being overly sensitive/defensive and emotional about things!

Of course I am :-)

As always Sundown, your mindful hopefulness is encouraging. This could be really fun and honestly, secretly...I'm anxiously excited.
    If this Meg's powers of empathy aren't 'engaged' to some dude (Brian or Kurt or Lord Byron for that matter) - yea, this could be a lot of fun and even important.

I sometimes wish for an ideal that impossibly incorporates the full realization of Kurt's progression through time, dimension, expression - both linear and non binary being - true the source in essence. The 'idea' or 'concept' of NIGHTCRAWLER is always troubling to me.

In origin he is an enigma, a paradox, born of tempest and wondrous nightmare aboard a vessel in flight and distress...

In panels and moments it happens...this miraculous poem of being...like this:

22-opening.jpg
    Last edited by sungila; 11-22-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I haven't picked up an X-Men comic since Aarons Amazing. I heard so many bad things about how Kurt has been written after he left. I flipped through some of the astonishing and gold comics and that scene where Kurt is upset about something and Colossus is trying to help him and Kurt's response is "only god can." It was painful. And now Gold. I liked the idea of Kitty as team leader. She has been an X-Man a looong time. It, to me, made more sense that she become a leader than not. Her experience and level-headedness made it a natural thing to me BUT they made Kurt weak to make Kitty appear more competent. Nightcrawler shouldn't have been afraid to teleport and need Kitty to give him a pep talk to do so. He had lead the X-Men and Excalibur for years. And the writer of Gold is supposedly an X-Men and Excalibur fan yet he didn't even know that Kurt and Rachel kissed in Claremonts X-Men Reload and NOT Excalibur. Yeesh. I'm getting tired of the X-Offices and their shoddy X-Men work. And for gods sake X-Men: Red is already being cancelled for another reboot? I'm not wasting my money on these these comics. Sorry.

And on the Kurt/Rachel romance. What was the point? Isn't Kurt allowed to have a relationship? Only a few issues after Cerise and Kurt declare their love for each other she gets taken out of the book. After Kurt finally decides to give Christine Palmer a try she turns him down. Storm initiates a romantic dance with Kurt and that gets swept under the rug. Kurt gets cozy with Psylocke and nothing gets made official. So is Kurt just a pet for women or something? Someone you touch and make out with but no one you try to commit to. Is Kurt going to stay a loser? Weak powers, crying over god and a loser in love? I'm getting really tired of it. Make him bi already and play with the idea of an mutual attraction between Logan and Kurt.

Now despite Redd looking a tad slow at least Kurt didn't come off as pathetic. God I miss Excalibur and Aarons Amazing came close to it. Sometimes I think Kurt should have stayed dead or gone to a non X-Men title. Why bring him back just to have him wallpaper again?

@Sungila: Loved that New Mutants issue with Kurt training Cannonball.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 11-24-2018 at 02:27 PM.

BANNED

I loved it as well.