Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Since there are rumors of Nightcrawler's inclusion in X-Men: Apocalypse, does anybody have an idea of who they'd like to play him. (Whoever it is, I hope they give him fur. No emo carvings and tattoos.)
    I hope they just give him blue skin, no tatoos make him a fun guy and idk throw a Thriller Jacket on him it is the 80s and it would actually suit the character.

OH AND MAKE HIM AND MYSTIQUE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY ARE SON AND MOTHER KTHANKS.

I guess we should start trying to bring some of the art back, hm?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I guess we should start trying to bring some of the art back, hm?

Lovely! I like seeing Nightcrawler with another Elf Demonic Pirate, the X-Force cover is one of my favorites, also is that meant to be Rachel in the last image or Jean? Looks more like Jean due to Clothes and Hairstyle still looks awesome though!

I believe it's meant to be Rachel because of the British flag (Excal reference) but I agree it looks more like Jean. Either way, I like the picture.

Speaking of Rachel, does this look like her picture hanging on his bedroom wall? If so, that was a dropped plot line.

Last edited by Sundowhn; 05-01-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I believe it's meant to be Rachel because of the British flag (Excal reference) but I agree it looks more like Jean. Either way, I like the picture.

Speaking of Rachel, does this look like her picture hanging on his bedroom wall? If so, that was a dropped plot line.

Could Be. Could also be Amanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Could Be. Could also be Amanda.
    The hair is wrong for Amanda, imo.

Hey guys! Just checking in to say hi, on this, the beginning of a New Era. I can't believe CBR is "starting over." I wouldn't have even known about it if I hadn't read an article over on The Mary Sue. Thanks so much, Sundowhn, for re-launching the thread. Even though I haven't been around here much lately, I'd be very sad not having this place to come back to. Question: is CBR going to delete all the old threads? If so, is anyone here interested in archiving/hosting elsewhere a copy of the old (ie. original, massive) NC Appreciation Thread? It was such a great resource when I was first discovering the character and the X-books, it would be nice if it was kept available somehow moving forward. I don't mind a new beginning, but we all put in so much work over there, had so many great discussions etc.

BANNED

M.Hammerman Nice to see you back! Yes CBR will be deleting all the old threads in less than 14 days we can save everything from there through a link to the old forums.

That art pieces is awesome!

2963828-aoa+nightie.jpg

Here's a Kurt Darkholme chronological reading order. (I left out Yoshida's Age of Apocalypse because I didn't read it - but it is available in trade I believe)

Kurt Darkholme

X-Men: Alpha #1
    X-Calibre #1 - 4
    X-Men Omega #1
    Uncanny X-Force #11 - 34
    Astonishing X-Men #59
    Age Of Apocalypse #13
    X-Termination #1
    Age Of Apocalypse #14
    Astonishing X-Men #63
    X-Termination #2
    X-teme X-Men #13
    Astonishing X-Men #64

I'm about to read this chronology. I wasn't reading comics during the AoA era and have only read a few of the Darkholme comic books...along with a really good fanfiction by one of our resident BAMFers.
    I admit when I read the UXF where Kurt Darkholme ports a shark into the Blob (which was my first encounter with AoA Kurt...I was really confused and disappointed. I thought the AoA Kurt was just another symptom of the endlessly dark, bitter, angst-ridden, artlessly over-violent state of mainstream comics.
    It seemed everything was polarized between cartoonish kid's play and utterly barbaric immature adult sh#t.

Turns out I wasn't completely wrong...but so far Remeder's UXF is actaully far more interesting and well-crafted than I thought...and reading that fanfic opened my eyes to what an incredible alternate Kurt this Darkholme character is.
    The author of the fanfic refers to Kurt Darkholome as Kurt Wagner's 'Dark Reflection' - the same man in spirit, same motivations, same essential moral fabric...but in every way KW shines...KD shadows. It's pretty incredible and a rewarding exploration for any Kurt fan.

The idea that Sundowhn presented in our short lived 2nd thread of these two actually meeting (which hasn't happened yet) would be incredible! I've even been thinking that the best way for that meeting to happen would be to do it very soon as a way of transitioning Kurt from this period of re-hashing and recalibrating into a broader and changed scope of being. It'd be perfect!

How do you all feel about Kurt Darkholme?
    What do you think a meeting between these two would be like?

Even if it doesn't happen face to face, it has to happen spiritually. The world Kurt lives in now is one that the ol' Kurt would only be sacrificed by. It'd serve him up and kill him off the same as before. It might be time for our Kurt to darken a little...not a lot...but he may need to - just like Storm, Cyclops, Kitty and everybody from the older days has had to at some point...just the fact that THEY have has got to mean that HE has to too, right? Part of it is just growing up from who they were as young adults...and part of it is coming to terms with the trauma of a life spent primarily in a state of constant war and uncertainty.

So I'd love to see Kurt deepen, darken (just enough) and toughen up his same good-natured self. Because I'd hate to see him become superfluous or just a sidebar to the more meaningful and realistic presences of his teammates and X-family.
    Last edited by sungila; 05-01-2014 at 09:13 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

I could just stare at Kurt art all day.
    Thanks for putting it up, guys.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Thought I'd make my first ever post (didn't get a chance before the board reboot) here, just to say I love Nightcrawler and I'm happy to see he has so many fans!

And this is just too cute...

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post

[/CENTER]