Page 4 of 171 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

No idea about the actor. But id like light fur not just body paint. and yes do away with the religious symbols and bring in a young swashbuckler attitude
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by m.hammerman View Post
    Hey guys! Just checking in to say hi, on this, the beginning of a New Era. I can't believe CBR is "starting over." I wouldn't have even known about it if I hadn't read an article over on The Mary Sue. Thanks so much, Sundowhn, for re-launching the thread. Even though I haven't been around here much lately, I'd be very sad not having this place to come back to. Question: is CBR going to delete all the old threads? If so, is anyone here interested in archiving/hosting elsewhere a copy of the old (ie. original, massive) NC Appreciation Thread? It was such a great resource when I was first discovering the character and the X-books, it would be nice if it was kept available somehow moving forward. I don't mind a new beginning, but we all put in so much work over there, had so many great discussions etc.
    Yep. I like this idea. Seems like it would be a ton of work though.

So glad we get to see Rogue and Nightcrawler in the same book next week.

Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-01-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Kurt was my first marvel (well, comic) love and childhood crush! I can't wait until I financially am able to read more things with him in it.

Hey guys! Just checking in to say hi, on this, the beginning of a New Era. I can't believe CBR is "starting over." I wouldn't have even known about it if I hadn't read an article over on The Mary Sue. Thanks so much, Sundowhn, for re-launching the thread. Even though I haven't been around here much lately, I'd be very sad not having this place to come back to. Question: is CBR going to delete all the old threads? If so, is anyone here interested in archiving/hosting elsewhere a copy of the old (ie. original, massive) NC Appreciation Thread? It was such a great resource when I was first discovering the character and the X-books, it would be nice if it was kept available somehow moving forward. I don't mind a new beginning, but we all put in so much work over there, had so many great discussions etc.
    Hey Marg, welcome back! We should definitely try to archive some of the old stuff. Does anyone have a clue how to go about it other than cut and paste into Word? That's over 10,000 posts! Still, I hate to lose all the old discussions and stuff for good.

Hi MollyBarton and BetaRayBill, welcome to the NC thread!!! It's great to see you posting!

Those are some great pictures, DakenGirl, thanks! One of the things I liked most about the old thread was all the incredible art people had found or even created, since we've got some talented artists in the thread, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    I hope they just give him blue skin, no tatoos make him a fun guy and idk throw a Thriller Jacket on him it is the 80s and it would actually suit the character.

OH AND MAKE HIM AND MYSTIQUE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY ARE SON AND MOTHER KTHANKS.
    Lol, that all sounds about perfect as far as I'm concerned, particularly the Thriller jacket As much as I want to see Kurt in another movie though, I really, really hope that they also add some more female characters if/when they also add more male characters to that franchise. Days of Future Past has been depressing me from the get-go with its lack of girl power.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Hey Marg, welcome back! We should definitely try to archive some of the old stuff. Does anyone have a clue how to go about it other than cut and paste into Word? That's over 10,000 posts! Still, I hate to lose all the old discussions and stuff for good.

Hi MollyBarton and BetaRayBill, welcome to the NC thread!!! It's great to see you posting!

Those are some great pictures, DakenGirl, thanks! One of the things I liked most about the old thread was all the incredible art people had found or even created, since we've got some talented artists in the thread, too.
    I think there are possible ways to "scape" the old thread that wouldn't involve cutting and pasting. But I'm not exactly a wizard at these things, and it may or may not be worth doing given that we'd probably lose a good chuck of the art (stuff posted as links might survive, but I think anything uploaded to CBR would not). I'll look into it though. I'm trying not to be cross with CBR since I very much appreciate their effort to address harassment, but I do wish they'd also agree to keep links to the old material.

Thanks for all those wonderful pic-spams, everyone! The first few pages of the New Era are already looking pretty darn beautiful

Does anyone want to give odds on Nightcrawler being pivotal to reuniting the New Xavier and Jean Grey Schools?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentVenom View Post
    Does anyone want to give odds on Nightcrawler being pivotal to reuniting the New Xavier and Jean Grey Schools?
    It would certainly make sense within the story context, imo. I think it just depends if Marvel is willing to use the character in such a relevant role.

“He’s smart, tough, creative [and] daring, with an instinctive understanding of people and situations. He has a wicked sense of humor and a devastating charm. As his body’s designed well outside the box of human experience, so too are his thought processes. His ‘normal’ is revolutionary to most people; throw him a problem, he’ll find a way to solve it that’s unique to him. He quite simply is the kind of man [who] others trust; to know him is to have faith in him.” Chris Claremont on Kurt Wagner)
    Nightcrawler.14-03-25.tn_1.jpg

Chris Claremont is the best writer of X-Men comic books. Todd Nauck is a gifted artist with genuine humility and a generous spirit that mirrors Kurt's. Having them team-up to bring Nightcrawler back from the dead is a fantastic reward to long-time fans and hopefully an ideal opportunity for new fans to meet the endearing misfit. I can't imagine jumping on-board with a better Captain and First Mate!

"Nightcrawler has been one of my all-time favorite X-Men. He's a fun, cool character and he's easy to care about. He's a guy you root for." (Todd Nauck)
    52d6f9eebb384.jpg
    "I've been doing character studies referencing some of my favorite Nightcrawler artists like Dave Cockrum, Paul Smith, Art Adams, and Alan Davis as well as what Ed McGuinness has currently been doing in AMAZING X-MEN. I want to capture and pay tribute to the classic Nightcrawler look and feel while bringing my own flavor to the mix." (Todd Nauck)

Quote Originally Posted by AgentVenom View Post
    Like Sundowhn, I would love if that were the case, and I think it would make sense in terms of Kurt's character, where he's currently located in the franchise etc, but am sceptical he'll be allowed to take such a central, relevant role. I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, but it's been a long time since anyone with any credibility had been permitted to really criticize or challenge either Cyclops or Wolverine. But in a perfect world, I would like to see Kurt, Ororo, and Kitty (among others) take the lead in healing the rifts between the different X-factions. And it's definitely not impossible, since all of Kurt, Ororo, and Kitty seem to be being promoted these days.

BANNED

Lol, that all sounds about perfect as far as I'm concerned, particularly the Thriller jacket As much as I want to see Kurt in another movie though, I really, really hope that they also add some more female characters if/when they also add more male characters to that franchise. Days of Future Past has been depressing me from the get-go with its lack of girl power.
    Hooray! Someone agrees with my Nightcrawler dressing like MJ hehe

LEL.jpg

Oh I agree, it's so annoying how they killed off Emma Frost and Angel Salvador in the past (Off screen along with Azazel and Banshee) and then decided to add a bunch of more male characters. Also Quicksilver's look in the movie really upsets me.

Has it been confirmed that Kurt will show up in the movie? It would certainly be nice.

BANNED

Ah DakenGirl all of those art pieces of Kurt are amazing, I particularly like the one with the Bamfs so cute!

BANNED

Has it been confirmed that Kurt will show up in the movie? It would certainly be nice.
    Singer said he wanted to use Gambit and Nightcrawler, but Fox are the Studio of disappointment so they'll probably be replaced by some really unknown obscure characters that no one really cares about because you know **** fans.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Singer said he wanted to use Gambit and Nightcrawler, but Fox are the Studio of disappointment so they'll probably be replaced by some really unknown obscure characters that no one really cares about because you know **** fans.
    /cry Maybe they'll let him

BANNED

/cry Maybe they'll let him
    If they do I definitely want him to wear Red in some form, and have no tatoos and just have more of a comedic side to him, because I really don't want them to rely on him appearing in sequels to develop him like they did last time.