Page 51 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Preview for NC #4: http://www.comicosity.com/preview-nightcrawler-4/

Chamber and Husk get some love
    That makes me think...where's BlitheFool?

Beautiful art, Rita!

Anyone got speculation on who the real villain turns out to be in the solo? I usually attribute CC with pretty innovative stories and I'm hoping he delivers with this one. I hope we get something beyond the predictable thing delivered by the second issue -- Margali is the big nasty responsible again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    That makes me think...where's BlitheFool?
    I know! I specifically commented on that with her in mind.

Preview for NC #4: http://www.comicosity.com/preview-nightcrawler-4/

Chamber and Husk get some love
    Love the dialogue. It feels after such a long time, I'm finally reading an X-Men comic again. And I love the explanation of the powers rather than than the bullet point we occasionally get. I also like that he has (albeit somewhat and not in this preview) brought back the thought bubble. They are much more fun than captions.

And the dialogue feels like Kurt. Fun and not overly religious.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I also like that he has (albeit somewhat and not in this preview) brought back the thought bubble. They are much more fun than captions.
    I remember we had a long and fruitful conversation at the old CBR forum about "Thought Bubbles vs. Captions". It was very stimulating to me, since I'm highly interested in ins and outs of sequential art narrative (i.e., comic as a medium of creative expression). I think CC is a brave man (or blind? or stubborn?) as he's acting against the flow.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 07-05-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Bamf!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Kurt and Kitty friendship collage

I like this scene:

A possessed (digested) Kitty wasn't able to hurt Kurt. Taking his head on her hands, confronting his defenceless face, was all she needed to reject the power of the Warwolf. It's cute ^ ^ .

A possessed (digested) Kitty wasn't able to hurt Kurt. Taking his head on her hands, confronting his defenceless face, was all she needed to reject the power of the Warwolf. It's cute ^ ^ .
    Yes, I always liked that scene, too.

But isn't that Rachel?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    But isn't that Rachel?
    Nope. She disguised herself as Rachel to get close to the Warwolves and she got subsequently swallowed by one. That was Kitty.

Nope. She disguised herself as Rachel to get close to the Warwolves and she got subsequently swallowed by one. That was Kitty.
    OK. Now I remember. Haven't read that issue in quite a while.

Kurt and Kitty friendship collage

Oh how I miss this friendship. Often times I regret the homelessness of today's X-Men. That sense of 'sanctuary' that is not a place but a sentiment that kindles like a light on the porch in the heart of a friend. It is the rock that rises to catch you when you're falling for the bottom...it phases through the wall - teleports through the bars...to find you no matter how lost you may be. Perhaps the focus on Kurt's possible love interest has diminished the conversation on Kurt's possible family. Kitty reminds me that Nightcrawler's 'quest' his long 'saga' - even as Darkholme - is to find those arms that would hold him without condition. Where he can lay aside his routines, his image inducer, his jokes, his priestly vestments, his shield of integrity and just be...exactly how he is.

It was in Excalibur where we got to see Kurt finally have the time and the family to set his roots in good faith and truly blossom. (It must be the moon cycle...seems like ol' Sungila has been very sentimental lately) Half moon...so much room for the stars to shine

excalibur1987specialedition15.jpg
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Oh how I miss this friendship. Often times I regret the homelessness of today's X-Men. That sense of 'sanctuary' that is not a place but a sentiment that kindles like a light on the porch in the heart of a friend. It is the rock that rises to catch you when you're falling for the bottom...it phases through the wall - teleports through the bars...to find you no matter how lost you may be. Perhaps the focus on Kurt's possible love interest has diminished the conversation on Kurt's possible family. Kitty reminds me that Nightcrawler's 'quest' his long 'saga' - even as Darkholme - is to find those arms that would hold him without condition. Where he can lay aside his routines, his image inducer, his jokes, his priestly vestments, his shield of integrity and just be...exactly how he is.

It was in Excalibur where we got to see Kurt finally have the time and the family to set his roots in good faith and truly blossom. (It must be the moon cycle...seems like ol' Sungila has been very sentimental lately) Half moon...so much room for the stars to shine

excalibur1987specialedition15.jpg
    I try not to cross post too much, but this probably bears saying in this thread, as well.

I see Kurt as the closest to a parental figure Kitty ever had in the X-Men -- very much a protective big brother. All told, her panel time with Ororo and even Logan wasn't much compared to her panel time with Kurt in a very nurturing role. I mean, if you look at it, he was her defacto legal guardian from the time Excalibur formed (when she was 14) until her adulthood, since the rest of the X-Men were presumed dead. He may have been a vaguely immature guardian at times, but he was her guardian.

If she never talked to anyone else on JGS side, she would talk to Kurt, and he to her, no matter whether he agreed with what she was doing or not.

I try not to cross post too much, but this probably bears saying in this thread, as well.

I see Kurt as the closest to a parental figure Kitty ever had in the X-Men -- very much a protective big brother. All told, her panel time with Ororo and even Logan wasn't much compared to her panel time with Kurt in a very nurturing role. I mean, if you look at it, he was her defacto legal guardian from the time Excalibur formed (when she was 14) until her adulthood, since the rest of the X-Men were presumed dead. He may have been a vaguely immature guardian at times, but he was her guardian.

If she never talked to anyone else on JGS side, she would talk to Kurt, and he to her, no matter whether he agreed with what she was doing or not.
    I don't know Sundowhn...I do follow what you're saying and it does make some sense. Still it feels like Kitty's parental figures were Stevie Hunter, Xavier, Ororo, Logan, (to a degree) and even Courtney Ross (bad choice, but still, Kitty was vulnerable for reasons you speak to and did take to her deception).

IMO - nobody stood up and really became that father or mother figure for Kitty...so that's part of who she is.
    Same with Kurt...(unless we're allowed to call Xavier that guy - is that still allowed?)
    Kurt always seemed to establish himself as an older brother...never the stern disciplinarian or domineering force but an unconditional soul friend who shares a familial connection with Kitty that they both were missing and do miss apart from one another. They could bicker, call each other out, silently stand by one another in empathy and just be there...but Kurt definitely is the elder when he has to be - it is in defending Kitty, or honoring her achievements and growth when we get to witness this 'elder' Kurt. (Remember when the delusional Kitty asks Kurt for her permission to mary that crosstime prince and Kurt's chest swells up and he gets emotional...) He's the elder brother replacement for the absent dad...which is...(I'm still hung up on that panel...Excalibur has a knack for transporting me away with the undertow of memory and nostalgia...)
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote