Page 54 of 171 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Just read Nightcrawler #4 before leaving for the airport. Don't know how I feel. I still think Amanda is playing Kurt for a fool and Nightcrawler is too blind to see it. A lot of the dialogue was great but it was vomit inducing. Maybe it's just myself hoping Amanda is playing Kurt. idk.
    Yeah, that "moving scene" did fire up the old gag reflex, given the ignored continuity. Anyway, with that, looks like he'll definitely be taken in a newer (possibly darker) direction. I hope it doesn't just mean angsty Kurt. That was tedious in the past.

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Yeah, that "moving scene" did fire up the old gag reflex, given the ignored continuity. Anyway, with that, looks like he'll definitely be taken in a newer (possibly darker) direction. I hope it doesn't just mean angsty Kurt. That was tedious in the past.
    Yeah, I read the issue summary. It didn't sound especially...well, good, all things considering. Seems like Claremont's made Kurt a bit of a satellite, which is never desirable for any character. And right after his resurrection, too. You'd think he'd have a healthier perspective of things.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie & Clyde

BANNED

I have read #4 today (I was in Manhattan and decided to check out Midtown Comics) and now.I don't know where the book is going. Will Kurt have to quest to find Amanda? Will the next arc he different and only come back to Amanda later?

Anyway a good issue. Kurt and Logan working in Tandem was great (law of conservation of ninjitsu evidently applies to Trimegas). I don't think Beast and Storm's loss of memory will effect them much, it's easy enough to say "Kurt's alive again, you just don't remember the detalis"

I'd prefer if they dropped the Amanda focus. It was a thing of kicking a dead horse, anyway, and took up the whole opening arc. I'd rather see Nightcrawler finding his post-rez niche in the world again and going forward, not continuing to look back.

I don't like seeing characters get fridged to develop another character, but if Claremont wasn't going to use continuity anyway and resolve some of the mess, there wasn't any real reason to bring her in to start with. She's probably better off in limbo for another 8 years. It appears as though she was brought in just to give Kurt realization of just what he'd given up and to throw more of a shadow over his new life. No, not wild about the idea of broody Kurt, but even less wild about the idea of continuing with the same focus on the token girlfriend.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 07-11-2014 at 03:09 PM.

I'd prefer if they dropped the Amanda focus. It was a thing of kicking a dead horse, anyway, and took up the whole opening arc. I'd rather see Nightcrawler finding his post-rez niche in the world again and going forward, not continuing to look back.

I don't like seeing characters get fridged to develop another character, but if Claremont wasn't going to use continuity anyway and resolve some of the mess, there wasn't any real reason to bring her in to start with. She's probably better off in limbo for another 8 years. It appears as though she was brought in just to give Kurt realization of just what he'd given up and to throw more of a shadow over his new life. No, not wild about the idea of broody Kurt, but even less wild about the idea of continuing with the same focus on the token girlfriend.
    YES! I haven't even read the issue (my copy seems slow to arrive) but I did read your review and this post is so much how I feel...the new Nightcrawler is great...I like so much about it (but it makes my heart heavy...too heavy) and I can't help my frustration.
    Achja, I just want to see Kurt in street clothes for once. It has been a long time since he's been in anything but X-uniform or heavenly robes...(well he was naked for a second)...but..you know, give a guy a chance to find himself.
    Enough of this performance! I see Kurt in this tiny cage in the circus...and right now it feels like nothing has changed...one round top to the next...X-Men or Szardos family it's all a show in which Kurt is a performer.
    Brooding...I think enraged may be more appropriate. He's been through too much to be caged again to the 'show'...he's sacrificed his life, his faith, his soul...what's left?

Fair winds, jeans, a t-shirt and comfortable coat...just walk away Kurt (and give us at least 12 issues of your well deserved freedom)

...but still, I don't know what it is in me that wants Kurt to be a figure in the big books. I guess it's because I'm such a fan...I'd like to see him gain this freedom in continuity and have it matter to his teammates...I wouldn't want it to have to be separate...UXM #25 is going to mean a lot to me...no matter what - I can't help but care.
    Last edited by sungila; 07-11-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

• Who knew the life of a high school teacher isn't as glamorous as it's made out to be?
    • Struggling to adjust to everyday life back at the Jean Grey School, Nightcrawler turns to his fellow X-Men for inspiration.
    • But when it comes to life with the X-Men, inspiration may just come from the unlikeliest of places!
    ^'inspiration' makes me hopeful if he does go dark(?) it wont be that long.
    I am always 50/50 awkward on amanda, i was hoping this was just him still stuck in the past, and they'd realize grow and leave that relationship, but even if it ignored the past between them and going with what happened issue 4 it doesnt really bug me. if Her out of the story makes it so the focus shifts from trying for past relationships to looking for the future it seems like a plus. it gives me hope for future issues. sorry to her fans though Sorry to ask but are you a fan of Amanda or is that just a general thing, upset if any character is killed for anothers development?
    }|{

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Maybe I'm very dense but for some reason the preview for Amazing 9 and the cbr review aren't showing up on the x-forums. But I can access them through a google search but there doesnt appear to be any comments? Does anyone know whats going on?

I haven't got the latest Amazing or NC yet but the comments in this thread doesn't sound encouraging. So maybe no hurry?
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-12-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Anyway... have some lovely black and white Nightcrawler art.

Those are great, Chia!

Well, NC #4 was memorable, anyway. I can't say Amazing especially was. /sigh

If they ever do an X-Men cartoon again hopefully there is more Nightcrawler and his powers look like this(Be careful it's kind of gory):

Watch from 3:10-3:50

Those are great, Chia!

Well, NC #4 was memorable, anyway. I can't say Amazing especially was. /sigh
    Yeah! Lots of great art I came across.

Oh, nice... sigh. Is that why we cant see the review thread for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    • Who knew the life of a high school teacher isn't as glamorous as it's made out to be?
    • Struggling to adjust to everyday life back at the Jean Grey School, Nightcrawler turns to his fellow X-Men for inspiration.
    • But when it comes to life with the X-Men, inspiration may just come from the unlikeliest of places!
    ^'inspiration' makes me hopeful if he does go dark(?) it wont be that long.
    I am always 50/50 awkward on amanda, i was hoping this was just him still stuck in the past, and they'd realize grow and leave that relationship, but even if it ignored the past between them and going with what happened issue 4 it doesnt really bug me. if Her out of the story makes it so the focus shifts from trying for past relationships to looking for the future it seems like a plus. it gives me hope for future issues. sorry to her fans though Sorry to ask but are you a fan of Amanda or is that just a general thing, upset if any character is killed for anothers development?
    I dont really see the reason for it. Amanda could have just gone back to limbo or been in one of the mystical books. If that was CCs way of writing her out in NC's life I dont see why - she already was and alive for someone else to pick up on. Im not really looking forward to this issue with Kurt, Amanda and Margali acting like they have amnesia and the scene with Amanda going through the portal was brought up as similar of what happened to Meggan in CCs last X-Men run - I thought that sounded familiar. Boy, Marvel just how much are you controlling what he can write? Its kind of obvious some things were changed. I bet he had to re-write a lot of stuff for everyone elses "big" plans for the character. Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Yeah! Lots of great art I came across.

Oh, nice... sigh. Is that why we cant see the review thread for it?
    I can't remember if I've even seen a review of Amazing. I did one for the solo, but couldn't be bothered with the last Amazing and I don't know if anyone else did. I would've only managed to sum it up with: random snark + gratuitous death = welcome back Kyost.

The thing with Amanda was cringe-worthy, yes. spoilers:
    Fridging her and then Kurt saying he no longer had a heart was just weak. It might've worked with Cerise, since he still actually loves her, at least canonically speaking, not that I'd want her fridged. Anyway, as much as I dislike that story tactic -- killing (or getting rid of) one character to develop another -- it's an effective story technique only when there is relevancy and a romance that's been dead and gone for nearly 20 years (1997, I believe) isn't relevant or meaningful. He's never really had a "Jean" to fall apart over. The closest they ever came was when Cerise was taken by the Shi'ar, but then Lobdell had him get over it 5 issues later to dredge up Amanda.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 07-14-2014 at 12:56 PM.

I can't remember if I've even seen a review of Amazing. I did one for the solo, but couldn't be bothered with the last Amazing and I don't know if anyone else did. I would've only managed to sum it up with: random snark + gratuitous death = welcome back Kyost.

The thing with Amanda was cringe-worthy, yes. If he wasn't going to use continuity, why bother bringing her in to start with? Isn't that the difference between existing characters and new ones -- their history? spoilers:
    Fridging her and then Kurt saying he no longer had a heart was just weak. It might've actually worked better with Cerise, since he still actually loved her, canonically speaking, not that I'd want her fridged. Anyway, as much as I dislike that story tactic -- killing (or getting rid of) one character to develop another -- it's an effective story technique only when there is relevancy and a romance that's been dead and gone for nearly 20 years (1997, I believe) isn't relevant or meaningful.
    end of spoilers
    You can find the review in a google search but I cant find it on the main x-forums. I wanted to see what people thought of it. I couldn't find the preview either on the main forums but I could on the google search. Also I'm surprised no one on the forums reviewed it yet since they were so excited to have k and Y replace Aaron. But nothing. Usually posters are quick on here. They had cbr reviews for Amazing and they were mostly positive, for Aaron anyway.

Possible spoilers for the latest Amazing...

spoilers:
    Yeah the cbr review for k and y's latest wasnt very positive and had a lot of similar gripes. Nice they may have killed one of the few NA characters with her boobs hanging out in most of it. So much more "mature." Yeah, maybe it is to the lowest common denominator... Unless that was fan speculation. Is it true that they killed Talisman? Why is it that they can deliver such awesome work in the cartoons. Their cartoon work was mature compared to this.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-14-2014 at 12:59 PM.

It's true with the typical culprit as the doer. Wendigo insanity and all. I'm also intensely disliking their Storm. I'm surprised, too, that everyone so happy to be rid of Aaron hasn't been praising this.

Guess I should put my spoiler blocks back.