Page 6 of 171 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Achja

Fox's X-Men movies... although I am sure it'd be good for sales, I would rather Kurt NOT be in another one of those horrible films.
    I'll never understand the appeal. Those movies don't even make any sense...they have no business screwing around so foolishly with stories and plot-lines that were perfect in their original comic book form.

This upcoming 'Days of Future Past' looks like it is so far from the original that it actually makes me mad
    At least there were some great cartoons...
    I even thought X-Men Evolution was better than the movies, I didn't see them all, but I thought they were great in their own continuity and that Kurt, he was great.
    Attachment 729
    I'll admit, I'm not really a fan of the X-Men film franchise either. I really wish they'd had the boldness to take things in a new and different direction, with a truly new cast, rather than continuing the Singer era. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    I got a link to the old appretiation forums!

http://oldforums.comicbookresources....iation-Threads

How to on archiving:

http://www.*********/how_6830628_archive-old-pages.html

Thing is the next 2 weeks I have tons of work to do as finals near. I doubt I'll be able to do it.
    I might be able to commit to doing some archiving. Though it does depend on what's involved. If it's going to be a many-hours job, I probably won't be able to find the time. But if it'll just take an hour or something, I'm there. I don't think the "how to" link you posted is working, though...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    Thank you Dave Cockrum, for this wonderful character, the heart, soul, and fun of the X-Men.

Attachment 759
    I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, I have my final coming up in three weeks, so I don't know the amount of time I'll have to fool with it, either. Hopefully someone can.
    Quote Originally Posted by m.hammerman View Post
    I'll admit, I'm not really a fan of the X-Men film franchise either. I really wish they'd had the boldness to take things in a new and different direction, with a truly new cast, rather than continuing the Singer era. Ah well.

I might be able to commit to doing some archiving. Though it does depend on what's involved. If it's going to be a many-hours job, I probably won't be able to find the time. But if it'll just take an hour or something, I'm there. I don't think the "how to" link you posted is working, though...
    I agree, Ive been really disappointed in the X-Film franchise.

As far as archiving goes. It was suggested that several people each archive in different parts at about a half hour or an hour each. Maybe we can figure something out.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-03-2014 at 09:36 PM.

I just thought i would bring over a couple gifs i just made. I know we don't have a lot of big fans of Nightcrawlers portrayal in this series but I enjoy the episode quite a bit. haha. And any chance to see Baby Nightcrawler is worth giffing.

And now comic book young Nightcrawler.

Those are some cute gifs!!!

Those are some cute gifs!!!
    His back story was done great in the episode. The other stuff was great, religion just laid on too thick.

The monks making Rogue cover up in the episode still makes me laugh to this day. She wouldn't want to make the natives restless now would she.

Love Kurt kissing Rogues hand.

Kurt handing Wolverine the Bible is way too funny.

Last edited by Slicknickshady; 05-04-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    His back story was done great in the episode. The other stuff was great, religion just laid on too thick.

The monks making Rogue cover up in the episode still makes me laugh to this day. She wouldn't want to make the natives restless now would she.

Love Kurt kissing Rogues hand.

Kurt handing Wolverine the Bible is way too funny.

Is that a shadow or a stain on his face?
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by m.hammerman View Post
    I'm sort of a fan of the franchise - the first and especially the second films are good and great, respectively. The third is terrible, with only the special effects to hang its hat on. The newest one (and probably the upcoming "Days of" one) are serviceable. Nightcrawler was a critical and fan favorite at the time (Alan Cumming excellent and his sequences were a blast). Nightcrawler was a great addition... and then they subtracted him.

The Wolverine films are terrible. Both of them.

I'm not sure why the films have to be so overwhelmingly grim. Don't get me wrong, there should almost always be a dark undercurrent to the films, more so than most other franchises like Spider-Man or the Avengers, but not typically as much as say Batman. Apparently the producers disagree.

They also insist of rehashing the same supervillain each time. Ian McKellan\Michael Fassbender are suberb as Magneto and so is Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, but can't our heroes fight a different menace for a bit? I know it's not gonna happen if the current films is successful, what with Fassbender and especially Lawrence being mega stars and all, but until they separate themselves from the tedious inclusion of those two characters, the producers will likely keep submitting inferior product.

Perhaps this new film has found a way undo all of it using the time-travel stuff? We shall see...

If Nightcrawler does comeback, I hope they rely heavily on CGI to render him and steer clear of the god awful makeup that the Beast fans have to put up with.

Best Kurt Wagner movie interpretations ever were as Jack Sparrow in the first two Pirates of the Caribbean

Jack_versus_the_Kraken.jpg
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

Yeah, I gotta agree Nightcrawler is my favorite X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    Yeah, I gotta agree Nightcrawler is my favorite X-Men.
    Yea, he's the best.

Welcome to the BAMF brigade! I've read some your posts jazzflower92 in other threads, (Loki & Scarlet Witch) and from you, that's high praise.

If we only had an Excalibur title...we could travel crosstime, we could have Nocturne as an ongoing regular...and this could happen
    mishanighty.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    If Nightcrawler does comeback, I hope they rely heavily on CGI to render him and steer clear of the god awful makeup that the Beast fans have to put up with.
    This. I think CGI would've been perfect for Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Is that a shadow or a stain on his face?
    Just how it is.

A lot of scenes are dark in the episode though so that's part of it.

The Main Attraction TheMutantJinx's Avatar

This. I think CGI would've been perfect for Nightcrawler.
    I think a blend of CGI and makeup could work well, depending on the sequences. I do think that keeping as much of an actor's organic performance intact as possible is crucial, though - we wouldn't want him coming across as too inhuman, or for the audience to feel the "uncanny valley" effect.
    "You'll lose the blues and you may lose your heart." - Bonnie & Clyde

BANNED

Storm and NIghtcrawler

Thoughts on these ongoing series (Nightcrawler, Storm, and Cyclops)?

http://community.comicbookresources....clops-or-Storm