Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Voctor von Doom vs the DC Universe

Victor somehow lands in the DCU and wants to conquer it. What happens?

1) Golden Age
    2) Silver Age
    3) Post-Crisis
    4) New 52
    5) DC Rebirth

Who in the blue hell is Voctor von Doom?

Is he more often known as Dictor Doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Who in the blue hell is Voctor von Doom?

Is he more often known as Dictor Doom?
    He's the cheap Mexican knock off version of Dr. Doom.

"Bah! Curse you Señor Fantástico!"

It’s Doom after power-jacking TARDIS energy from the Doctor. And then Barney comes on and sings his theme music

Hey Mr. Victor Voctor Voppity-Vop
    I likea the way that you Doccity-Doc
    Hey Mr. Dictor Doctor Boppity-Bop
    I likea the way that you Doccity-Doc
    With your Bands.

3D768B53-A1DB-4C5D-B4D0-DB66663D6D20.jpg
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Victor somehow lands in the DCU and wants to conquer it. What happens?

1) Golden Age
    2) Silver Age
    3) Post-Crisis
    4) New 52
    5) DC Rebirth
    Right off the bat, Doom is at a disadvantage because he's lost his base of operations, Latveria, his own kingdom.

If he conquers a country, DC Earth will view him as a usurper, and the JLA gets involved. If he doesn't, he loses his regality and becomes just another arch-villain. A big part of Doom's character is that he really is a monarch, like Panther and Namor.

So that goes.

Also, he needs money, bases, equipment, lackeys. Where's he get them?

I think Doom would automatically focus on the biggest target for these, which is Lex Luthor. Whether Lex is a science-villain, corporate oligarch, or both, he's the mother-lode for secret bases and super-tech.

So Doom walks in expecting an easy conquest and finds he's in for a real fight. And since magic is different here, all his dimensional entity spells fall flat. Depending upon which Lex we're talking about and how well armed he is (green-and-purple anti-Superman armor), Doom could get canned right at the outset.

So Doom walks in expecting an easy conquest
    Why would he other than that you say he would? Why would the guy not take the time to try and learn about the new world he is in before messing around with it?

And since magic is different here, all his dimensional entity spells fall flat.
    Nothing about being in another universe prevents his magic from reaching other dimensions.

Depending upon which Lex we're talking about and how well armed he is (green-and-purple anti-Superman armor), Doom could get canned right at the outset.
    Only if Doom rolls in like an idiot as opposed to being a guy who repeatedly when planning anything will try to take as extended preparations as he can, as can be demonstrated a whole bunch of times.

Your post is basically "Doom loses because I say so, and will not even show a bare minimum of competence that he has shown, because I say so."

Given that Doom has time-buggering tech, he can comfortably do all the prep he needs in an instant. So yeah. When he shows up, he’s fully clued up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Why would he other than that you say he would? Why would the guy not take the time to try and learn about the new world he is in before messing around with it?

Nothing about being in another universe prevents his magic from reaching other dimensions.

Only if Doom rolls in like an idiot as opposed to being a guy who repeatedly when planning anything will try to take as extended preparations as he can, as can be demonstrated a whole bunch of times.

Your post is basically "Doom loses because I say so, and will not even show a bare minimum of competence that he has shown, because I say so."
    Fair enough.

But for magic I think he'd have to acquire a different set of dimensional entreaties.

If the MU dimensional entities can reach into the DCU, that's a whole different ball game, leading to cosmic entities getting into turf wars.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 02-23-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Right off the bat, Doom is at a disadvantage because he's lost his base of operations, Latveria, his own kingdom.

If he conquers a country, DC Earth will view him as a usurper, and the JLA gets involved. If he doesn't, he loses his regality and becomes just another arch-villain. A big part of Doom's character is that he really is a monarch, like Panther and Namor.

So that goes.

Also, he needs money, bases, equipment, lackeys. Where's he get them?
    I agree that Doom's first step is finding something he can rule. However I think he could manage to find a small third world country and stabilize it without causing any huge waves i the super human community.

Once he has a country, he works to legitimize it. He at the very least makes it appear to be a better place to the rest of the world. Now he's got a base of power, political pull, resources, and loyal subjects. NOW is when he starts really studying the world.

I actually think he's more likely to come into contact with Ra's al Ghul and his league before he come into contact with the Justice League, and if Doom manages to take control of THAT then he's really got some power and influence.

On top of this, the Justice League doesn't know him. They don't know who he is or what he's capable of. It's possible Doom could claim to be a hero and get in their good graces.

As for magic, I'd LOVE to see Dr. Doom go digging around in the magic community to see what's what and who's who and then bringing in John Constantine to help him get up to speed on DC magics.

Another possibility for Doom is going for the Fortress of Solitude.

Arrange for Superman to be distracted, get inside the Fortress, and lay a kryptonite, red sun radiation or magical trap for Superman when he gets back.

This might be the most appealing target, as Clark has so many weaknesses, the alien tech is super-advanced, and the Fortress is in a remote place, leaving Doom free to go about his business completely undisturbed after (if) he can take it.

I seem to recall that many of these Fortresses (in their various incarnations) are loaded with robots, which is one of Doom's top disciplines.

I could see Doom reaching some sort of mutually-beneficial agreement with Black Adam and having free run of Kahndaq.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

voctor von derm

*chuckles*

Moreso than most comic book villains, Doom has a personality, a history, and some definite priorities and interests. To the extent possible, he will pursue these interests in the DCU. So what does Doom want? He wants to rule the world, or at least rule a small country until he can leverage into global domination. He wants to rescue his mother from Hell. And he wants to prove his intellectual superiority, especially over the cursed Reed Richards. To accomplish his goals, he is willing to fight anybody if necessary, and he will seek to steal power from superior beings.

Arriving on DC Earth, Doom is soon going to become aware of significant differences. The planet is larger, and contains additional large cities like Metropolis and Gotham. There is no Latveria, and there are some unfamiliar countries. So some of Doom's priorities are immediately irrelevant. He can't rule Latveria and probably wouldn't be satisfied with some random proxy country in eastern Europe. Reed Richards either doesn't exist here, or he is just some regular joe. So Doom will want a new power base, a new intellectual rival, and some kind of power boost.

After more time on DC Earth, likely keeping a low profile, Doom learns that his mother is not in the local version of Hell. More importantly, magic works somewhat differently here. And so does time travel. While it's possible that Doom would spend considerable time learning the DC equivalent magic, he tends to prefer shortcuts to power. He is going to be looking hard at the flying bricks like Superman and the Marvel Family, but also at speedforce users and the various Lanterns. Ultimately, Doom would probably prefer a Lantern ring as more his style than the physicality of speedforce or the flying brick package. He might be able to get a ring as easily as luring a Green Lantern to show up and then going for the Ovoid mind transfer, but maybe the autoshields would even work against that. But if Doom gets ahold of a Green Lantern ring, he would be an impressive wielder, combining massive willpower with technological expertise. Doom could probably generate massive Kirbytech machines on the fly with a ring. But that won't be enough when battling the League, so Doom probably would need to pursue magical knowledge as well. As for an intellectual rival, DC is loaded with mad scientists, but ultimately everyone comes up short except for Lex Luthor and maybe Dr Sivana.

Eventually, Doom is going to learn of the existence of the Fourth World, and become obsessed with it. That's the place where he might have a real shot at powerjacking his way into the big leagues. Busiek alluded to this in JLA/Avengers when he showed Doom's visage embedded in the Source Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Given that Doom has time-buggering tech, he can comfortably do all the prep he needs in an instant. So yeah. When he shows up, he’s fully clued up.
    He doesn't need time tech. No one know who he is so he can plan and prep in peace.