Default Marvel Boy Appreciation 2020

Noh Varr!

Marvel Boy, Captain Marvel, the Protector!

Kree ensign from the 200080 universe that was stranded in the 616 universe. Former member of the Dark Avengers, former member of the Young Avengers, former Avenger, former West Coast Avenger, and current member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Has some cockroach DNA infused with his own. I've heard he is based off of David Bowie in a way. Personal favorite of mine.

download.jpeg.jpg

tumblr_n1h5im2Psn1snkp7ro1_500-920.jpeg.jpg

nohvarryoungavengers1.jpg
    Last edited by Storm17; 02-22-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Noh Varr!

Marvel Boy, Captain Marvel, the Protector!

Kree ensign from the 200080 universe that was stranded in the 616 universe. Former member of the Dark Avengers, former member of the Young Avengers, current member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Has some cockroach DNA infused with his own. I've heard he is based off of David Bowie in a way. Personal favorite of mine.

download.jpeg.jpg

tumblr_n1h5im2Psn1snkp7ro1_500-920.jpeg.jpg

nohvarryoungavengers1.jpg
    He was also an Avenger twice on the main team and the offshoot WCA

Quick question, does anyone actually like Noh Varr?

how old is NohVarr?

Ultimate Member

I kind of liked his look and attitude, but gosh, the writer was so out there when it came to the surreal 'science' and weird biology. I mean, really, I'm a Legion of Super-Heroes fan, so a character with the power to eat anything isn't completely out there for me, but explosive fingernails? (I vaguely remember Ultimate Hawkeye was ripping off his fingernails and killing people with them around this time, it felt like a running gag, that supervillains needed to carry nail clippers around or something...) I felt like his initial series was lurching from one bizarre situation to the next, with little rhyme or reason. It felt less like a story, and more like a rollercoaster of weird.

I have enjoyed his later appearances, which focused more on Noh-Varr himself, than on over-the-top high-concept ideas. He was quite fun in the second Young Avengers run, although they missed a chance to have him and Hulkling interacting over their shared Kree heritage (and how it's so very different from anything more typical 'raised as Kree' individuals in 616 would recognize, making them unique unto themselves, even in a universe with an entire race of Kree). In that respect, he's got more in common with America Chavez, born to an utopian alternate universe stuck here in our universe, where things are significantly less utopian...

It will be interesting to see if he has any role to play in Empyre. If there is going to be a Kree future, it would make sense that a Kree from a reality where they have made a wonderful future for themselves might want to help this universes Kree find the same sort of potential for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how old is NohVarr?
    I'd say around 20. Maybe a little older. He's supposed to be around the same age as Kate Bishop, who is 20 or 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Quick question, does anyone actually like Noh Varr?
    Heck yeah! His original mini is incredibly good, and even if his character has lost some of that original spark, I still find him to be an interesting character -- especially when he's bouncing off the Young Avengers or Runaways.

-Pav, who also liked his team-up with Logan and Fantomex...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details