Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Batman by Tynion

What do you guys think of the new run so far.

Not liking the overuse of the joker.

I dig it, it's simple, competently composed, with some fun ideas being introduced. I love the use of Lucius Fox thus far, him and his gadgets are lowkey highkey my favorite aspect of the book. iunno about "overuse of the Joker" he hasn't really done anything yet but I'm looking forward to the upcoming conflict between him and Batman and I'm intrigued to see what Punchline will be like.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Its very Tynion, and sadly has bored me very quickly.

What I like
    -Art
    -Lucius and Gadgets

Not a fan of
    -Trouble in catwoman and Batman’s relationship...again. Honestly it’s tiring at this point when we just had what 50 issues of a 75 issue run all about their relationship, and before that they had yet again in the new 52 a complicated relationship that was on and off. Honestly after the past decade I’m over it.

Kind of meh about
    -Joker War, interesting that he knows everyone’s identities but I feel like we’ve seen this before with Endgame and I wanna know more first. Could be cool but we just don’t know yet.
    -Punchline, she’s not even really showed up yet so I can’t say I care.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-22-2020 at 06:58 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Since it keeps getting brought up, what are these new gadgets?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I dropped the book after bat-bobsled.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

To name the most prominent
    -Batplane that can morph into a climbing robot
    -Batdrones
    -a device that turns any car into a batmobile, only appearance wise though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

i felt disrespect for merlyn and cheshire when harley and catwoman beat them. than i remember cheshire got hit by a mack truck, she won just by putting up a fight to begin with.

I posted a couple panels of the gadgets on the Fox Family appreciation thread but I'll list them off:

Nightcrawler - a vehicle that can crawl and climb up vertical surfaces, and can transform into an aerial vehicle

shadowcasters - tiny marble-like devices that the Nightcrawler can shoot out that project the silhouette of Batman to spook enemies

Batspawn - batdrones, pretty straightforward

The Batshot - lowkey ol'dude described it right, the seat of the Nightcrawler can recline and shoot out into a streamlined bobsled like vehicle to continue to pursue enemies in smaller vehicles on the streets below. it's dope as **** not gonna lie

The Echo - a small device that can work in tandem with the Wayne tech components of a car to bypass it's speed limit and holographically make the car look like a batmobile

Lucius also has a secret automated set up under the Wayne Enterprises facility that can construct new gadgets and tools for Bruce
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-22-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I like it, but I'm a tad worried that it seems really strongly a mashup of Hush, Endgame, Batman and Robin Eternal, Death of the Family, and The Dark Knight Rises. Loving the art.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I posted a couple panels of the gadgets on the Fox Family appreciation thread but I'll list them off:

Nightcrawler - a vehicle that can crawl and climb up vertical surfaces, and can transform into an aerial vehicle

shadowcasters - tiny marble-like devices that the Nightcrawler can shoot out that project the silhouette of Batman to spook enemies

Batspawn - batdrones, pretty straightforward

The Batshot - lowkey ol'dude described it right, the seat of the Nightcrawler can recline and shoot out into a streamlined bobsled like vehicle to continue to pursue enemies in smaller vehicles on the streets below. it's dope as **** not gonna lie

The Echo - a small device that can work in tandem with the Wayne tech components of a car to bypass it's speed limit and holographically make the car look like a batmobile

Lucius also has a secret automated set up under the Wayne Enterprises facility that can construct new gadgets and tools for Bruce
    Some cool stuff. I think the holograms are a bit much/too sci-fi, but otherwise neat. Thanks for the info!

I absolutely loved the latest issue. The tension is beginning to build with both the Joker and Designers plans.

I'm thinking that through the Joker War arc we will probably see Harley become more heroic perhaps becoming some sort of unofficial ally to Bruce. It will probably be controversial to some but I'm not against it. Way I see it Harley is a victim and Batman should always be about giving people second chances.

Whats everyones predictions of where Tynion's story is going to go. I reckon in Batman 95/96 we see Bruce reach the lowest point. Before things beginning to turn around in 97/98 with the Army Catwoman is gathering - im assuming it will be the rallying of the Batfamily or atleast the members who appeared in Pennyworth RIP.

Censorship Sucks

It is a nice break from having Bruce on the floor crying because his daddy don't love him enough!

It's been a fun, breath of fresh air after 85 issues of moping Batman.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

On the Joker, I think I'm okay with it in the one sense that in all of his side-runs and getting to play in the Gotham Sandbox, Tynion has only ever gotten to play with the Joker to support whatever ridiculous thing Scott Snyder is doing with the Joker. He had to play bass for Face-Off Joker ... Eric Border ... Doctor Who/Highlander Joker ... I'm Cured But Only For Five Seconds Joker! ... and more recently "Playing with the Legion of Doom ... Killing the Legion of Doom ... Not Answering Lex's Calls ... Joker" who has been my actual favorite.

In all the Batman Eternals and big "Family and Enemies" Detective Gotham Knights runs, he hasn't gotten his hands on Joker really. So I'm pleased to see him get his hands on Joker and for his Joker to be ... kind of back to basics. A morbidly unfunny funny man crook with shades of the various Filmic depictions baked into his DNA. Joker War is also the first Joker story being told in the wake of the Joaquin Phoenix flick so there might be some interesting shades of that, too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com