Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

As in writer who has written for the company in let's say the last Five years? Kieron Gillen. Not that there isn't some solid competition from: Simon Spurrier, Jeff Lemire, Steve "Chip Zdarsky" Murray, and Jonathan Hickman. Not just including work they've done for Marvel of course, but they've all scripted their fair share of stellar comics for Disney among other companies.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

The best writers at Marvel are currently Ewing, Slott, Zdarsky, Zub, Pak, Gage... the writers that know how to do the needed research to tell their story and make it work, as well as make it a fun read.

Spectacular Member

Hickman.
    I've never read a single bad thing from him and I've been reading since his indie hit Nightly News before the Marvel work. I absolutely adore that man's writing (and art. I wish he'd do art again.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    As in writer who has written for the company in let's say the last Five years? Kieron Gillen. Not that there isn't some solid competition from: Simon Spurrier, Jeff Lemire, Steve "Chip Zdarsky" Murray, and Jonathan Hickman. Not just including work they've done for Marvel of course, but they've all scripted their fair share of stellar comics for Disney among other companies.
    Going with last Five years, I'm going with Hickman as #1. Warren Ellis and Al Ewing fighting for second. Mark Waid and Gerry Duggan are fighting for forth (again, assuming we're strictly talking work in the last 5 years. I haven't loved Waid's recent work and Gerry Duggan has a lot of momentum). If we're taking the total work of everyone who is still working at marvel into account, I wouldn't be able to make a list. That's complicated

Edit: Had to replaces Cates with Duggan.
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 02-23-2020 at 06:37 PM.

I think you guys are underestimating Kelly Thompson.

I agree about Ewing, Cates and Hickman, but I think Kelly is doing pretty great too.

Tini Howard is also one to keep an eye on imo.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

It's time to talk about James Asmus.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Alan Moore, Alan Davis and Paul Cornell

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Oh, yeah, forgot about her. Good choice.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I want to say Heinburg so bad because I stan for YA but I know in my soul it's not true... Gotta go Ewing.

I think when we look back on comics of the 2010s in 30 years, people will fully appreciate how great Chip Zdarsky is. He hasn't written a ton yet, but every single run he's had has been great. And he does a pretty good job knowing when to end things, which means he'll have a lot of great complete runs under his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post

Tini Howard is also one to keep an eye on imo.
    I forgot about Kelly Thompson. I'm not completely digging her Deadpool, but I've really liked everything else I've read by her.

Tini Howard though... I find her stories hard to follow sometimes. Like she's leaving stuff out or trying to put too much in. I want to like her stuff, but I'm having a hard time.

Astonishing Member

Chip Zdarsky, Jason Aaron and Nick Spencer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I think when we look back on comics of the 2010s in 30 years, people will fully appreciate how great Chip Zdarsky is. He hasn't written a ton yet, but every single run he's had has been great. And he does a pretty good job knowing when to end things, which means he'll have a lot of great complete runs under his belt.
    Finale from Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310, instant classic. Love that issue.

Current? Probably Ewing.

Recent? Kieron Gillen.

I had an extensive post regarding my Top5 writers, and why I considered them the best.. until my phone ran out of batery, and my text got erased from existance.. will try to write it up again tomorrow, as I am too tilted and tired to attempt to do it rn

1) Tom Taylor
    2) Hickman
    3) Chip Zdarsky
    4) Nick Spencer
    5) Gage

Honorable mentions:
    Al Ewing, Zub, Cates, Geoff Jhons

Also.. off-topic:
    My account is fine, but for some reason, I got IP banned at my home adress.. and the mods arent answering my mail.. does someone here know about what happened, or what can I do? Thanks !