Mighty Member

Default DC Timeline (CURRENT)

Hello,

could someone explain the current DC Timeline?

I mean Justice League showed that there are "alternative Events" or whatever....

Does someone have an explanation?
    I mean I also didnt understand Young Justice...

In Young Justice Conner returned to Star Labs and she remembered Conner and knew his real name and also knew who he is and that he belongs to another timeline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

I mean Justice League showed that there are "alternative Events" or whatever....

In Young Justice Conner returned to Star Labs and she remembered Conner and knew his real name and also knew who he is and that he belongs to another timeline.
    No one knows what's going on with the current DC timeline, not even the people writing the comics. The upcoming(?) 5G event and possibly Death Metal were allegedly going to clear up any inconsistencies, but with Didio gone there's no telling what may happen regarding the timeline.

Hello,

I think maybe that researcher avoided Flashpoint the same way Conner did. She was researching alternate worlds, after all, it's how Conner ended up in Gemworld in the first place.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hello,

Read Grant Morrison's Multiversity and you'll understand it better:

Spectacular Member

Read Grant Morrison's Multiversity and you'll understand it better:
    Humm...Morrison and understand don't belong in the same sentence... More likely with him, once at the bottom of the page you will forget what the top was about. The map is pretty easy to understand though.

Not having a cohesive timeline takes away from my enjoyment for some reason.

The story is on going and dc is yet to reveal their complete new timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Manakel View Post
    Humm...Morrison and understand don't belong in the same sentence... More likely with him, once at the bottom of the page you will forget what the top was about. The map is pretty easy to understand though.
    Hmmm... for some people maybe. Most of us understand his stories perfectly well.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Not having a cohesive timeline takes away from my enjoyment for some reason.
    Easy to understand. Some readers/fans/ppl like consistency. Some readers/fans/ppl like that everything they intake is in a shared universe to sort of make the process of understanding things easier/better. A cohesive timeline just makes sense. Practically literally.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

Mighty Member

Question: Did Doomsday Clock impacted the ACTUAL TIMELINE?

Spectacular Member

I think we will know this only after the upcoming metal sequel.