Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Star Wars has made a boat load of money for Disney under her so I doubt she'll be going anywhere soon, any other reasons for why she should be gone are just silly fanboy wank.
    The movies have been making billions but let's be real, Disney didn't buy Star Wars just for movies. Merch sales are down the toilet, Galaxy Edge suffers from poor attendance. The brand is hurt in it's most lucrative areas.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The movies have been making billions but let's be real, Disney didn't buy Star Wars just for movies. Merch sales are down the toilet, Galaxy Edge suffers from poor attendance. The brand is hurt in it's most lucrative areas.
    Toy and Merch sales out side of Funcopop figures(which I don't pretend to understand) are down market wide, not just isolated to Star Wars so I doubt Disney places any blame on Kennedy for that and likewise park attendance has nothing to do with her decision making and everything to do with their own corporate greed, though I suppose they could pretend it's because of her but I just don't see that happening especially as they already pinned it on another executive who was apparently the one who was for price hikes and blacking out season pass holders.

So again, no legitimate business reasons to ask her to step away...and again I'm hardly a fan of the new trilogy. I was disappointed by the Force Awakens and choose not to see The Last Jedi until it came to my local second run theater 6 months after it opened for only four bucks and I probably won't see Rise of Skywalker until maybe Christmas when Disney will most likely roll out a big new complete Skywalker Saga box set... and only then after I've already watched all the other films and the new season of the Mandalorian...so maybe by this time next year I will have sat down to watch the last film out of completionist's sake?

I'm not a fan of her style but I am a realist and she seems to be doing just fine business wise so far so I'm not going to let my fanboy disappointment that I didn't get "my" star wars cloud my judgement into thinking Disney sees this intellectual property as anything but a success so far.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-25-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Why should she go? Under her leadership, four films have grossed over 1 billion dollars, including the all time domestic champion. Add a wildly successful tv series and extended universe of novels and comics. She’s an astonishing success story, even if you don’t like the resulting product.

Ultimate Member

Personally, i'd rather have someone a lot more "involved" in Star Wars lore overseeing the projects. The lack of planning and just general lack of direction isn't something appealing to me as a fan at all. Like, how can you set up all the mysteries in the new trilogy, take off all the original heroes and not even have a clear ending in mind??

That being said, I can think of 5 billion reasons why Kennedy isn't going anywhere.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Toy and Merch sales out side of Funcopop figures(which I don't pretend to understand) are down market wide, not just isolated to Star Wars so I doubt Disney places any blame on Kennedy for that and likewise park attendance has nothing to do with her decision making and everything to do with their own corporate greed, though I suppose they could pretend it's because of her but I just don't see that happening especially as they already pinned it on another executive who was apparently the one who was for price hikes and blacking out season pass holders.

So again, no legitimate business reasons to ask her to step away...and again I'm hardly a fan of the new trilogy. I was disappointed by the Force Awakens and choose not to see The Last Jedi until it came to my local second run theater 6 months after it opened for only four bucks and I probably won't see Rise of Skywalker until maybe Christmas when Disney will most likely roll out a big new complete Skywalker Saga box set... and only then after I've already watched all the other films and the new season of the Mandalorian...so maybe by this time next year I will have sat down to watch the last film out of completionist's sake?

I'm not a fan of her style but I am a realist and she seems to be doing just fine business wise so far so I'm not going to let my fanboy disappointment that I didn't get "my" star wars cloud my judgement into thinking Disney sees this intellectual property as anything but a success so far.
    I don't need her to step down but someone else needs to take the creative reigns. She's not a creative mind. Let do the producing and business side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Why should she go? Under her leadership, four films have grossed over 1 billion dollars, including the all time domestic champion. Add a wildly successful tv series and extended universe of novels and comics. She’s an astonishing success story, even if you don’t like the resulting product.
    That is exactly why certain consumers want her to go; they think that not pandering to them means that the whole thing's a failure.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Galaxy Edge?!

Yea maybe at 1st cause everyone was scared of the 1st time crowds, but since then I hear nothing but praise for it. Rise of the Resistance has been a hit.

Also I just went on vacation their and went to it for my 1st in Florida and while yea it was Presidents Day Weekend sure, it Still was beyond packed when I went their both Saturday and Monday, it was beyond impressive and everyone seem to love it with who I interacted with!

Hollywood Studios has boomed thanks to it and Toy Story Land!

How Rise Of The Resistance Completed Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge!

If the link does not work just google the title.

https://lrm***********/news/how-rise...-galaxys-edge/
    Last edited by CJStriker; 02-25-2020 at 09:54 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Even as someone who loathes 2/3rds of the ST...

...No, getting rid of her shouldn’t even seriously be considered.

She really only made one predictable mistake that would stand out form Hollywood, and that was the product of both not planning out the ST’s three-film story and hiring Abrams and Johnson to do the first two films when their differing storytelling philosophies and priorities would screw the story up. She was basically one decision or stroke of luck from not having any serious issues with the ST compared to now, and she made that mistake by trying to emulate Lucas during the OT.

That’s not a fireable offense on her part.

She oversaw the successful reshoots and editing of Rogue One into the great film it is, launched Rebels with Filoni, got Favreau his Mandalorian project, and she was far from alone in thinking Solo would make bank - his film’s failure is more the result of so many people just following conventional “most popular character = best spinoff idea” logic than any bad choice on her part.

I think we wouldn’t even really be joking about this if, say, she had just ordered Johnson to make Rey a Skywalker, or made Abrams choose an answer in TFA: both those options would have prevented the cascade that divided audiences trough two films instead of just one.

But she was trying to be a Lucas-style producer... and she’s still probably closer than anyone else right now.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    At least TFA would have made a lots of money regard less of quality, just because of the massive hype about getting a new Star Wars movie.

And Star Wars Novels, comics and Computer Games have been a thing since way before Disney took over. And a lot of the fans prefer still the old EU stuff.
    The TV shows are also heavily influenced by a guy who was already doing Star Wars shows before she took over.

Astonishing Member

No, Kennedy's fine where she is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    No, Kennedy's fine where she is.
    Anyone who can produce a film I not only watch a number of times, but I can't stop thinking about it can stay in their job as far as I am concerned.

People complain about her hiring Rian Johnson. But it's clear that in signing off on Johnson she wanted a writer/director who could add some intellectual heft to SW, as opposed to a simplistic live action cartoon. I don’t know the woman personally. But it seems as if she’s thinking of making films for a wider audience. Not just 15 year old boys who will see the film after repeated viewings.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

She oversaw the successful reshoots and editing of Rogue One into the great film it is
    Different strokes. I walked out on RO. Boring, tedious and derivative.

I totally agree with you, having Rian Johnson as the director of episode 8 was a mistake he had a totally different outlook on the trilogy, I have no clue as to why they could not have JJ Abrams come back, episode 9 would have been amazing. I'm not sure is this is Kathleen's fault but I have a feeling it was. Correct me if i'm wrong but I also think she said at one point that she had not read the comics and there was nothing to get from them, which is not right. It might be a stretch but, I feel like someone like Dave Filoni or Jon Favreau. I have really liked what they have done with The Mandalorian and The Clone Wars.