Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #752 Preview

The preview for Wonder Woman #752 is up at Adventures in Poor Taste.

I'll refrain from commenting for now…
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I wonder why writers often write Wonder Woman in a way where Diana is defending patriarchy from a woman who challenges it. This was the same thing Allan Heinberg did with Diana and Circe in his run.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I wonder why writers often write Wonder Woman in a way where Diana is defending patriarchy from a woman who challenges it. This was the same thing Allan Heinberg did with Diana and Circe in his run.
    Diana advocates challenging the patriarchy, but she's never been fine with running people through with swords. Even if they are dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Diana advocates challenging the patriarchy, but she's never been fine with running people through with swords. Even if they are dumbasses.
    Well according to Valda the guy did come at her with a sword.

Of course, this is really just a contrivance for a fight. I mean, Diana has super speed. Just take the sword out of her hands and knock her out.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

To repeat myself, why is this even a contest. A normal human versus a superfast, superstrong, master of combat?

Based on the art, how did Diana get slammed into a car?

Unless they explain something that is supernatural about Valda, this should be a joke of a fight.

That is why I want to see Diana go up against the big heavies like Mongul, Black Adam and the like. This feels like street level to me.

Cover: Sexy violence, and I wonder how they managed to get Diana's shoulders behind and her legs and hips in front of Valda. I can't even…

Page one: splash page of Valda THE IRON MAIDEN. It's pretty clear she has been inspired by the old radio plays of the 30s and 40s by the way she introduces herself. And her grammar…

She also wears the inverse of a chainmail bra, with some kind of armored bodice. I guess Valda's breasts are supposed to be armour enough… We also get her sexy fiercy face.

Page two: and now Diana the WONDER WOMAN has been infected by old radio plays. At least her waist is a little bit wider than her thighs. A little bit.

Page three: dialogue continues to be execrable.

Page four: lasso is totally useless. Somehow, Diana launches herself back first through the window and out the street, I think in despair over the stupidity of the script.

Page five: dialogue and grammar continues to be incomprehensible.

Page six: sweet relief arrives with Jenny Frison's variant cover.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well according to Valda the guy did come at her with a sword.

Of course, this is really just a contrivance for a fight. I mean, Diana has super speed. Just take the sword out of her hands and knock her out.
    That's what I get for scanning too quickly, I do see the sword now.

Agreed that Diana should have this wrapped up way quicker than it's being presented.

I think Diana is going easy on the woman. I mean what’s the point of a story if she quickly ends it? From the preview pages we saw a month ago, looks like diana body her armored butt. I’m really not worried how this issue will play out, Steve is doing a wonderful job handling Diana. I do like all of the female appearances, but I’d like to see her popular male villains

Too little in the preview to tell how the story will turn out and I’m liking all guest stars, but I’m also up for some Wonder World building in a massive way. I think we’ll get some of that with the Four Horsewomen, but am I asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I think Diana is going easy on the woman. I mean what’s the point of a story if she quickly ends it?
    To move on as quickly as possible from a pointless fight? And frankly, it makes Diana look tactically stupid and irresponsible to "go easy on her" by prolonging the fight and thus endangering any nearby civilians.

I love how Orlando is building the family connection, such as the connection to the Amazons, her past, these characters including Donna Troy. I feel like this has been sorely lacking in this book of late and bringing Wonder Woman with her sense of history, especially after the revelation she was the first hero in the WWII age, is a nice tie-in for her main book. Well done. One of my fav is Diana talking about her sister and showing her and Donna Troy sparring on the beach. I know it's too much to hope for that Orlando is restoring Donna Troy's origin as Diana's sister. Either way, I absolutely love this panel. Overall, I love what Orlando is doing especially in the midst of all these major crossovers, which we know can kill a book if done wrong.

Gods this was bad.

And why does Valda speak modern English?

So is this the proper thread for this issue? For now I'll just say this; I actually liked this issue!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Gods this was bad.

And why does Valda speak modern English?
    I don't think it was bad. Its great to see the Valkyries back in the Wonder verse. Diana obviously holds back against valda. And it's nice to see Diana coming across as somebody that wants peace and fights for truth. She doesn't stand there giving a long essay about the morality of every little thing that another person does.

A new thread should be started for discussion of the full issue.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!