Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

That seem to be a recurring theme in WW's plot these days watering her powers down or having her struggle in a fight with a foe that is not in her league when it comes to powers!
    Last edited by lotchj; 02-28-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    That seem to be a recurring theme in WW's plot these days watering her powers down or having her struggle in a fight with a foe that is not in her league when it comes to powers!
    We don't know how powerful valda is. And we know Diana holds back too. When she did put some effort into fighting valda, it didn't take much for Diana to defeat her.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

So what did he writer say within the issue how Valda was supposed to match up with Wonder Woman? Was she as strong, as fast or as good as Wonder Woman in combat? If not, then how did she survive even a second in battle against her?

From pictures I have seen, she was somehow fast enough to catch her lasso and (I know the art doesn't show it well) she was smashed from inside the bar to a car parked on the outside. I would hope the author gives some reason for these strength feats if we are to assume she is a normal human. That is why when she fights people like Valda, Wonder Woman plays more like a street level fighter, ala Spiderman, than one of the strongest the DC Universe had to offer.

If she fights someone like a Black Adam or Mongul, I am not going to question if they are powerful or not or are on her power scale. But we never seem to get these fights. Off screen panels don't count!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So what did he writer say within the issue how Valda was supposed to match up with Wonder Woman? Was she as strong, as fast or as good as Wonder Woman in combat? If not, then how did she survive even a second in battle against her?

From pictures I have seen, she was somehow fast enough to catch her lasso and (I know the art doesn't show it well) she was smashed from inside the bar to a car parked on the outside. I would hope the author gives some reason for these strength feats if we are to assume she is a normal human. That is why when she fights people like Valda, Wonder Woman plays more like a street level fighter, ala Spiderman, than one of the strongest the DC Universe had to offer.

If she fights someone like a Black Adam or Mongul, I am not going to question if they are powerful or not or are on her power scale. But we never seem to get these fights. Off screen panels don't count!
    Wonder Woman was holding back to try and quiet the situation. She acknowledges Valda's strength and combat skills but as soon as she took her gloves off she quickly defeated her. I wish someone would make a new thread so we could discuss the issue at length, it was a good one.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Wonder Woman was holding back to try and quiet the situation. She acknowledges Valda's strength and combat skills but as soon as she took her gloves off she quickly defeated her. I wish someone would make a new thread so we could discuss the issue at length, it was a good one.
    She gutted a man in the bar and Wonder Woman was holding back? Is she stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    She gutted a man in the bar and Wonder Woman was holding back? Is she stupid?
    I'd reply but we're not supposed to discuss here.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'd reply but we're not supposed to discuss here.
    Just discuss in the thread for the full issue and not the preview so folks who haven't gotten the new issue yet aren't spoiled
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!