Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default An innovative alternative to 5G that would expand DC's digital readership

So I have been pondering this idea for sometime, and I think it would potentially solve a lot of DC's declining readerships problems, as well as the whole Traditionalist versus SJW problem that has plagued comic books.

I'm pretty sure that most readers would not object to having more racial diversity in comics that reflects today's demographics. (I mean why would you?) The problem is that readers are attached to certain characters, and will have their comic hearts crushed if they are replaced. (As per example, when they blew Ollie up in a helicopter, I blew my top and quit reading comics for quite some time) which is why 5G is a bad idea.

so the solution:

The future with big media companies is in streaming, most people pay a certain amount of money each week to have access to Netflix or Amazon, but what if DC did the same, but had deals with companies like Netflix and Amazon whereby you could access comics from their website directly if you payed a flat fee.

Say for $20 dollars a month you get 8 comics of your choosing....plus 4 comics for free of DC's choosing, that would allow them to push diverse characters, and modernize their roster once they became popular. I am not just talking about a Black Lighting comic that would have a link to it when you loaded the Netflix show, but new dynamic creative characters, where you would use the surplus income to keep pushing the new or diverse characters until they catch on, be it two years, or 5 to 7. If readership increased they then would have more money to put towards new titles like the old days.

Thus the rising price of comics solved.
    The lack of distribution and media advertising solved
    The lack of racially diverse characters with their own titles solved
    The lack of new readers from diverse demographics (Potentially solved)

I realize that this probably wouldn't happen because it could threaten the sales of the direct market as printed collectibles, but it just seems to be a better option than 5G, something that was a financial disaster for Marvel Comics
    Last edited by The no face guy; 02-23-2020 at 08:30 PM.