Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default movie Lady Deathstrike vs movie Spider-Man without his web-shooters

Lady Deathstrike takes on Holland Spider-Man. Spidey has no web-shooters and is dressed in his cloth costume.

Astonishing Member

Spider-man. He's faster, and stronger than her. All he needs to do is pin her down for the ten count.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Holland Spider Man is a legit solid bullet timer with precog and the ability to lift thousands of tons of stone. Deathstrike is going to get her head turned around in circles and her hands shoved up her own butt, in case she tries to use claws.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    the ability to lift thousands of tons of stone.
    Huh?

Don't get me wrong, Spider-Man wins this with ease and is very strong - and I even know the scene you're referring to - but thousands of tonnes?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Huh?

Don't get me wrong, Spider-Man wins this with ease and is very strong - and I even know the scene you're referring to - but thousands of tonnes?

Edit: Deathstrike's not matching that strength level.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-25-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Yeah, digging yourself out like that doesn't require thousands of tons of strength. A lot of it is about the durability of what you're digging yourself free from rather than the weight. What I get is that he can break concrete and maybe twist some metal while lifting something large but mostly hollow.

Big is likely referring to Pete stopping the top of the stone tower from falling in the sequel.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Worth noting is that Peter failed to actually stop the tower from falling. Much like the ferry boat, he only slowed it down.

Still a very good feat. Not sure how many tons it equals, but he should stomp all over Deathstrike.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

Edit: Deathstrike's not matching that strength level.
    I'll ask again (having already said that she doesn't match his strength levels and made it very clear that I knew which scene was being referred to):

Where does the idea that he can lift "thousands of tonnes" come from? Because that's not even close to 100 tonnes. What on Earth are you trying to prove to me in relation to what I actually asked?

And his other attempt to lift stone didn't succeed (and didn't involve lifting, as such, anyway), so it can't have been referring to that one.
    Last edited by KJS; 02-26-2020 at 03:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'll ask again (having already said that she doesn't match his strength levels and made it very clear that I knew which scene was being referred to):

Where does the idea that he can lift "thousands of tonnes" come from? Because that's not even close to 100 tonnes. What on Earth are you trying to prove to me in relation to what I actually asked?

And his other attempt to lift stone didn't succeed, so it can't have been referring to that one.
    I don't agree that it was hundreds of tonnes, all it was is a barometer to show that Pete dwarfs Deathstrike when it comes to sheer strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I don't agree that it was hundreds of tonnes, all it was is a barometer to show that Pete dwarfs Deathstrike when it comes to sheer strength.
    Which I'd already said...

Hopefully Big can clarify, but I have a hunch he meant the tower feat.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Big is likely referring to Pete stopping the top of the stone tower from falling in the sequel.
    Big was definitely referring to this. Thanks Arby. :-)
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

And his other attempt to lift stone didn't succeed (and didn't involve lifting, as such, anyway), so it can't have been referring to that one.
    Most certainly can be referring to that, and he held it up for an extended period of time, after stopping it from falling (which is harder than lifting something, generally, because you have to overcome the inertia and the mass).

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Big was definitely referring to this. Thanks Arby. :-)
    I gotchu broski!
    - big_adventure