Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    I have to ask this. The spoilers which were spread last week are actually true or not because I am hearing from other forums and Reddit that it is true.
    Very different from the way spoilers were worded
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-25-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    We'll find out tomorrow.
    Gonna be a good day! And Keno, there are strict rules on CBR about spoilers so best not to discuss them unless in private messages.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its hard to take some of you seriously where its very clear as day your gripes about the current direction come from spite that your fave is not the main center piece (bordering on the mary sueish) of an ongoing anymore, and was brought down a couple of notches like every other one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

If jean was still the queen bee some of you would be raining praise on the current status quo, its normal and completly valid when you stan a charachter but still, be honest at least
    Do I think other aspects are good? no, I think story is not good at all for mutants.
    I don't think it would change if my fave got more spotlight.

it is really funnny how people say this as if the chaarcter wasn't dead for 15 years and now the writer is pushing his faves and

Jean is basically on the same place or even worse than 2004, get some fresh stories for her and I own't complain

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah definitely not a failure in fact I remember it being one of the only saving graces during that era. Jean was making some big moves in that book to the point people were wondering why Red wasn't the flagship title instead
    This was my assessment as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Gonna be a good day! And Keno, there are strict rules on CBR about spoilers so best not to discuss them unless in private messages.
    Lol Yeah spoilers shouldn't be mentioned on forums rather on pms but I wasn't really spoiling anything anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Very different from the way spoilers were worded
    Nope, some of these spoilers quite resonate with each other.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

A number of reviews have confirmed that there's hardly any dialogue at all, and that bums me out. I love that this issue is an homage to the Silent Issue, but I was hoping that it would deviate a bit from that.

I have to ask this. The spoilers which were spread last week are actually true or not because I am hearing from other forums and Reddit that it is true.
    Oh boy! Seems like those prophecies are getting true!!!

Oh boy! Seems like those prophecies are getting true!!!
    I dont think so. They read in a joke way

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I dont think so. They read in a joke way
    I have them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It wasn't my intention to generalize. I agree that it's only a handful of individuals.
    I'm in the Jean fandom too and while I'd like more impressive showings than what we got in HOX, that also wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be.
    HoX was a really bad showing for the redhead. That's why Twitter rightly gave the character hell for it.

I don't imagine that tomorrow will be any better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    HoX was a really bad showing for the redhead. That's why Twitter rightly gave the character hell for it.

It wasn't though. It just didn't line up with certain people's interpretations of the character. Her reaction was perfectly in line with someone psychically connected to her friends and loved ones as their being brutally murdered while also suffering from serious injuries.

But we've talked enough about Jeans showing and it really just boils down to can her character be flexible? I think yes. I think she can be both a badass and assertive and confident while also being able to have moments of doubt and distress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Seems to be better, but i cant confirm it.

We fans were pretty right to complain

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It wasn't though. It just didn't line up with certain people's interpretations of the character. Her reaction was perfectly in line with someone psychically connected to her friends and loved ones as their being brutally murdered while also suffering from serious injuries.

But we've talked enough about Jeans showing and it really just boils down to can her character be flexible? I think yes. I think she can be both a badass and assertive and confident while also being able to have moments of doubt and distress.
    I'm just saying that it definitely drew comparisons to the TAS version for a reason.