Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Yeah back in the day maybe because of the xmen cartoon my brother was like why do you like Jean she's such a mom character
    I was big on Rogue on the TAS. I liked Jean more on evolution and the movies.

I wished a more freshed Jean on DOX, but marvel said "absolutely not"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    *Her first(or second?) book after 14 years dead couldn't garner the same hype as Dawn of X in general where all titles besides the flagship sold around the same numbers.
    Yeah definitely not a failure in fact I remember it being one of the only saving graces during that era. Jean was making some big moves in that book to the point people were wondering why Red wasn't the flagship title instead

BANNED

its hard to take some of you seriously where its very clear as day your gripes about the current direction come from spite that your fave is not the main center piece (bordering on the mary sueish) of an ongoing anymore, and was brought down a couple of notches like every other one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

If jean was still the queen bee some of you would be raining praise on the current status quo, its normal and completly valid when you stan a charachter but still, be honest at least

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Yeah back in the day maybe because of the xmen cartoon my brother was like why do you like Jean she's such a mom character
    I got the same reaction as a kid and 20 years later little has changed. I think people have such a strong reaction to Jean fans because it always surprises people the character has die hard fans. The “cool” characters are like Wolverine, Psylocke, Rogue etc.

Also can we distinguish between Jean fans and the Jean/Scott shipper people.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its hard to take some of you seriously where its very clear as day your gripes about the current direction come from spite that your fave is not the main center piece (bordering on the mary sueish) of an ongoing anymore, and was brought down a couple of notches like every other one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

If jean was still the queen bee some of you would be raining praise on the current status quo, its normal and completly valid when you stan a charachter but still, be honest at least
    Yeah I see less hatred towards Jean herself from CBR than we do exasperation towards complaints that her ass isn't getting kissed 24/7 by the current creative team, and perceived slights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah I see less hatred towards Jean herself from CBR than we do exasperation towards complaints that her ass isn't getting kissed 24/7 by the current creative team, and perceived slights.
    like, im the same when my favs are efd up but I dont pretend is anything other than spite at least lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Again it is one or two folks so can we stop generalizing based on one or two posters out of so many in the Jean fandom? One or two people equals highly anecdotal and thus meaningless. No offense to those folks lol

BANNED

nah I see lots of that in x-twitter and some facebook communities, its far more common than you give it credit.
    but its fine tho! If my fave was bigger than sliced bread one day and brought down to a common level Id be pissed as well.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Again it is one or two folks so can we stop generalizing based on one or two posters out of so many in the Jean fandom? One or two people equals highly anecdotal and thus meaningless. No offense to those folks lol
    It wasn't my intention to generalize. I agree that it's only a handful of individuals.
    I'm in the Jean fandom too and while I'd like more impressive showings than what we got in HOX, that also wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    nah I see lots of that in x-twitter and some facebook communities, its far more common than you give it credit.
    but its fine tho! If my fave was bigger than sliced bread one day and brought down to a common level Id be pissed as well.
    Nope, I’m on x-twitter as well and it’s like here, one or two folks. Nice try though, but it’s better to be honest!

Heres Day 2 of Emma and Jean week on AIPT with a review on the GS issue
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...rost-1-review/
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Heres Day 2 of Emma and Jean week on AIPT with a review on the GS issue
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...rost-1-review/
    Thanks again for posting this.

These got me interested "An extra-sized issue that is an interesting look at what it's like to be a telepath" and "Sets up a new conflict"

And this did not "I was expecting a bit more plot progression or even character work, but I'll take it".

I have to ask this. The spoilers which were spread last week are actually true or not because I am hearing from other forums and Reddit that it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    I have to ask this. The spoilers which were spread last week are actually true or not because I am hearing from other forums and Reddit that it is true.
    We'll find out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    We'll find out tomorrow.
    This is a beautiful correct response.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules