Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Rogue is also a racist, but Southern solidarity means Leah won’t come for her skunk wig.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Kitty and Jean are totally racists, but Emma only did bad things because she was manipulated by Shaw.
    I can't take Leah seriously
    Yup, agree.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Emma is a black woman in white face.

Try again.
    Emma is white as snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rogue is also a racist, but Southern solidarity means Leah won’t come for her skunk wig.
    Eeeeeasy with the generalizations. As a gay latino currently living in the South, I disagree. Racism is certainly down here but you'd be surprised with how diverse it has become. There's a mass exodus from high tax states like NY/NJ/CT and they're heading down here so the make up has changed a lot. I'm currently dealing with the NY snowbirds on the roads and as a boy raised in Queens, NY, I can say they drive like ****.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Eeeeeasy with the generalizations. As a gay latino currently living in the South, I disagree. Racism is certainly down here but you'd be surprised with how diverse it has become. There's a mass exodus from high tax states like NY/NJ/CT and they're heading down here so the make up has changed a lot. I'm currently dealing with the NY snowbirds on the roads and as a boy raised in Queens, NY, I can say they drive like ****.

I wasn't talking about Rogue, I was talking about the "Southern solidarity" and Leah part. I should have been more clear.

BANNED

Touché. Claremont knew to keep it real. Most of the major XWomen are white so obviously race was going to be a point of contention.

Touché. Claremont knew to keep it real. Most of the major XWomen are white so obviously race was going to be a point of contention.
    I wish they would address this more often in the comics because it is a major issue. But we don't know Leah like that.

BANNED

Beyond Leah I doubt Marvel would allow their comics to get that real. For comparison sake, Marvel books were extremely critical of the Bush regime in the 00s. Compare and contrast to how cowardly it is rn. That story about Magneto rescuing caged mutant children is the realest we are going to get.

BANNED

I wasn't talking about Rogue, I was talking about the "Southern solidarity" and Leah part. I should have been more clear.
    lol I only said that because she tweetstorms about progressive activist erasure whenever people mock Mississippi/Alabama/Georgia's white people for electing yet another open racist to high office.

Beyond Leah I doubt Marvel would allow their comics to get that real. For comparison sake, Marvel books were extremely critical of the Bush regime in the 00s. Compare and contrast to how cowardly it is rn.
    I definitely agree with that. My issue is that racism is not being addressed across the board. I was very disappointed to see Julian Castro, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, and now Andrew Yang all drop out of the race due to low support. I turned on the recent debate and noticed our choices are now as white as this board's background.

Edit: Tulsi is still in the running but doesn't qualify for debates. Somehow Bloomberg got in though. Odd.

I wish there was a better split between levity and substance with these X-pression type articles. 90% of the time they just talk about frivolous nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    lol I only said that because she tweetstorms about progressive activist erasure whenever people mock Mississippi/Alabama/Georgia's white people for electing yet another open racist to high office.
    My bad then! It just sucks balls that people of color are out of the race completely now. Unless they release Tulsi from her dungeon.

My bad then! It just sucks balls that people of color are out of the race completely now. Unless they release Tulsi from her dungeon.
    tulsi republican 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I wish there was a better split between levity and substance with these X-pression type articles. 90% of the time they just talk about frivolous nonsense.
    Same thing as x-books

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    tulsi republican 0%

Same thing as x-books
    Eh, the first female Samoan-American of Hindu faith candidate can't debate in front of America but Bloomberg who joined the race 5 minutes ago can. They're not fooling me, both sides are @$%&'ed up. Sorry to derail, rant over.

I think the X-Books are the furtherest away from "frivolous nonsense" they've been in a very, very long time.
    Last edited by JB; 02-24-2020 at 05:39 PM.