Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hulk & Thor vs. Godzilla & King Ghidorah

616 Savage Hulk and Classic Mjolnir wielding Odinson

Versus:

Godzilla Earth and Planet Eater Ghidorah (anime movies)

+

Godzilla and Ghidorah from the recent Monsterverse films.

So it's a 2 on 4 fight.
    Fight in Boston. 1 mile away from each other.

Bonus: Godzilla gets his burning form
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Godzilla wins bonus.

Kaiju probably going to win anyway, really. Ghidora is gonna get powered up by Thor, and neither Thor/Hulk hit harder than Godzilla and Ghidora were hitting each other.

EDIT: Never mind thought it was MCU. Thor wins this fairly handily.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

This seems like a stomp to me. Thor can solo this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    This seems like a stomp to me. Thor can solo this.
    Possibly yeah. Depends on how seriously you take Planet Eater Ghidorah. He is the only real threat to Thor imo.

My thing is, Hulk can probably fight the 3 other monsters simultaneously and Thor would need to focus solely on Planet Eater. If Hulk cant prevent the others from slowing Thor down, then it could get interesting.

Planet Eater has some funky esoterics that are not common knowledge.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Possibly yeah. Depends on how seriously you take Planet Eater Ghidorah. He is the only real threat to Thor imo.

My thing is, Hulk can probably fight the 3 other monsters simultaneously and Thor would need to focus solely on Planet Eater. If Hulk cant prevent the others from slowing Thor down, then it could get interesting.

Planet Eater has some funky esoterics that are not common knowledge.
    I mean half of Thor's rogue's gallery involves enemies with esoterics?

Plus, y'know. Unless I'm missing something about Planet Godzilla (with it's horrible story); Thor's faster.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean half of Thor's rogue's gallery involves enemies with esoterics?

Plus, y'know. Unless I'm missing something about Planet Godzilla (with it's horrible story); Thor's faster.
    The anime movies were... oddly written for sure. Totally different style of film.

I'm not doubting that Thor can, given time, suss out and counter all of Ghidorah's wackiness. I'm just saying that without knowledge of what he can do, the first moments of the fight will be dangerous for him.

He is definitely faster but Ghidorah can alter time and spatial awareness for starters. Like sensors were indicating that Ghidorah blew up the spaceship in orbit 40 seconds BEFORE it actually blew up. Like, effect precedes cause with the thing at points.

I dunno. I thought it would be fun.
    - big_adventure

The anime movies were... oddly written for sure. Totally different style of film.

I'm not doubting that Thor can, given time, suss out and counter all of Ghidorah's wackiness. I'm just saying that without knowledge of what he can do, the first moments of the fight will be dangerous for him.

He is definitely faster but Ghidorah can alter time and spatial awareness for starters. Like sensors were indicating that Ghidorah blew up the spaceship in orbit 40 seconds BEFORE it actually blew up. Like, effect precedes cause with the thing at points.

I dunno. I thought it would be fun.
    So, unless there was some kind of visual representation of the time-shenanigans (which for the life of me I barely remember Godzilla Earth, such is my disdain). I'd be... hesitant to say that fucking with the sensors is evidence of it on its own.

Arx Inosaan

So, unless there was some kind of visual representation of the time-shenanigans (which for the life of me I barely remember Godzilla Earth, such is my disdain). I'd be... hesitant to say that fucking with the sensors is evidence of it on its own.
    You just forced me to watch it again. Bleh.

Man, Ghidorah would have been cool if he wasnt... well... Ghidorah.

Anyways, they declare his gravity is altering local time. He is dragging the ship into some sort of "static limit". The engine room explodes and 40 seconds later, they get a live transmission from someone in the engine room as its exploding. Then the ships sensors indicate that all vitals and life signs cease abruptly. They sorta gasp like "I guess we died!?" and 10 seconds later, Ghidorahs head destroys the bridge. Take from that what you will lol. It was mostly techno babble with some quick silver effects and explosions.
    - big_adventure

You just forced me to watch it again. Bleh.

Man, Ghidorah would have been cool if he wasnt... well... Ghidorah.

Anyways, they declare his gravity is altering local time. He is dragging the ship into some sort of "static limit". The engine room explodes and 40 seconds later, they get a live transmission from someone in the engine room as its exploding. Then the ships sensors indicate that all vitals and life signs cease abruptly. They sorta gasp like "I guess we died!?" and 10 seconds later, Ghidorahs head destroys the bridge. Take from that what you will lol. It was mostly techno babble with some quick silver effects and explosions.
    Okay so, the bolded seems to be the only important bit.

So if it's time shenanigans via "I'm a black hole garbage dragon reeeee" I don't see that being a particularly big issue itself. The wibbly-wobbly timey wimey crap might be, but from what you've explained in painful detail... it's not an effect Ghidora has any particular control of.

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, it's a gravitation effect that does some weirdness with time. That's about all.

Gravity -- depending on which theory you're following -- DOES do crap like this, so it's technobabble that is somewhat grounded in possibility.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ghidorah seems to have some level of control over what his gravity field is doing. He uses it quite intentionally (or so it seems) to warp Godzillas attacks off course.
    - big_adventure

Ghidorah seems to have some level of control over what his gravity field is doing. He uses it quite intentionally (or so it seems) to warp Godzillas attacks off course.
    I mean being so fat you break conventional rules of space-time is probably the exact opposite of being in control.

Arx Inosaan

I mean being so fat you break conventional rules of space-time is probably the exact opposite of being in control.
    Why do you have to body shame danger noodle? Its 2020 man!
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, it's a gravitation effect that does some weirdness with time. That's about all.

Gravity -- depending on which theory you're following -- DOES do crap like this, so it's technobabble that is somewhat grounded in possibility.
    Gravity will only have these effects if the original mass was supermassive. Godzilla sized kaijus are nowhere close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Gravity will only have these effects if the original mass was supermassive. Godzilla sized kaijus are nowhere close to that.
    The anime did say "something more massive the singularity is emerging!" when he arrived through his black hole lol
    - big_adventure