Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Unintested in the comic character, but like a live action portrayal of him/her

Helen Slater's Supergirl, I never liked Supegirl much because I thought Superman should be the only survivor of Krypton other than a few villains. But she truly is so beautiful like an angel to look upon, still the most gorgeous superheroine I've seen on screen. If only she could get a good script, man.

Antje Traue's Faora, she is so beautiful, strong, tough and powerful. That's everything a lethal Superman villain needs. I even became a fan of the actress. You can see Faora in comics started to base the image on her after MoS.

Quite a few Spider-Man villains, especially Jake Gyllenhaal's Mysterio, he was so charming in a deadly way, and Alfred Molina as Dr Octopus since he was quite sympathetic .
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 02-24-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Jessica Jones, uninterested in the comics yet I loved the Netflix character.

Iron Man and Captain America.

I found them so boring in the comics.

I preferred Falcon to Cap and was really pissed when they gave Bucky the shield instead of Falcon in the comics. I spend a decade and half following Falcon through the Savage Land and other places being setup as the heir to Steve. Then, boom, it's Bucky. Winter Solider didn't need to be given the shield. Ultimate Cap was better.

Iron Man ... the only time I enjoyed him was Demon in the Bottle and Civil War because he was a giant douche, so it made my boredom turn to dislike. Again, I found Ultimate Tony miles better than 616.

Their movie counterparts? The best versions.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-24-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Deadpool, definitely Deadpool.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Iron Man in Iron Man 3

GOTG, who to my mind, simply don't work as comics characters after what James Gunn did with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Jessica Jones, uninterested in the comics yet I loved the Netflix character.
    Same here. And frankly, it's still the case for me for most of the MCU.

Non-MCU, I've always held a grudge against comics Wolverine because of just how much space he takes up. But damned if Jackman didn't repeatedly knock it out of the park, and then scored that grand slam with Logan.

Unfortunately, for DC I'm the other direction -- I do like the comics versions more than most of the live action portrayals.

GOTG specifically Rocket. Never cared much for any of them and Rocket one of my favroite MCU characters.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Thor. I don't like him at all in the comics as I find him boring and uninteresting. The goofball that is Chris Hemworth actually made me like him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Deadpool, definitely Deadpool.
    There's my number one. I don't like pretty much anything that Liefield wrote or drew in the comics, but dayum, movie Deadpool is awesome! Ditto movie Domino, from the second movie (and *after* the movie, her comic version got, IMO, much more interesting, during her brief solo run).

But also Captain America, Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, (Fassbender's) Magneto, (Charlie Cox's) Daredevil, etc. All characters whose comic book versions don't do much for me, but their movie incarnations have been greatly entertaining.

But it's generally one or the other. If I really, really like the comic book character, as with Thor or the Scarlet Witch or Cyclops or Nightcrawler, I'm probably not a fan of the movie version (or, the more recent teenaged movie versions, in the last two cases).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-25-2020 at 02:42 AM.

Deadpool.

I barf every time I see him on a comic book cover, but the movies take me back to when he was actually fun, and not a badly written over exposed flanderization.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Same here. And frankly, it's still the case for me for most of the MCU.

Non-MCU, I've always held a grudge against comics Wolverine because of just how much space he takes up. But damned if Jackman didn't repeatedly knock it out of the park, and then scored that grand slam with Logan.

Unfortunately, for DC I'm the other direction -- I do like the comics versions more than most of the live action portrayals.
    Originally the Blade comics in the 90's didn't appeal to me, but I became a fan with Wesley Snipes movie.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I never cared about any of the Marvel characters before the movies came out (X-Men and Spider-Man movies, then the MCU). I still don't care about the comics characters, but I like the movies.

Strange how I always much preferred DC comics to Marvel (at least until the reboot), but like Marvel movies much more than the DC ones.

Originally the Blade comics in the 90's didn't appeal to me, but I became a fan with Wesley Snipes movie.
    Likewise. Movie Blade was tons better than comic Blade.

I feel the same way about the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I couldn't care less about Hulk in the comics, but I love the old TV show, and I love him in the MCU.

Definitely Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. They’re like caricatures of what the writers imagine Great Men to be like, and concerns like personality are distinctly a lower priority for them.