Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Shazam 2 Details

Saw that its rumored for Henry Cavill to return as Superman in Shazam 2 and kind of hope it becomes true. It would be really cool to see Superman and Shazam square off but as we all know to take rumors with a grain of salt especially this early on. Link is below:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wegotth...-shazam-2/amp/

Let's discuss upcoming details and rumors that surface about the film here and discuss our opinions about them.

Hey ComicJunkie!

Great thread.

I Hope they get Henry. But it seems he is also wanted to play Wolverine in the MCU.

I think it would be great to have both (Henry) Superman and (Dwayne) Black Adam in Shazam #2!!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Saw that its rumored for Henry Cavill to return as Superman in Shazam 2 and kind of hope it becomes true. It would be really cool to see Superman and Shazam square off but as we all know to take rumors with a grain of salt especially this early on. Link is below:

Let's discuss upcoming details and rumors that surface about the film here and discuss our opinions about them.
    I’ve been assuming he’ll be in the sequel since the end of the first one. And I’ve been really confused why everyone else on the internet has been so sure that he’s done. That ending was like the definition of sequel bait.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey ComicJunkie!

Great thread.

I Hope they get Henry. But it seems he is also wanted to play Wolverine in the MCU.

I think it would be great to have both (Henry) Superman and (Dwayne) Black Adam in Shazam #2!!
    I don't see Cavill being wolverine as I'd imagine most well known actors wouldn't touch that role with a 10 foot pole because they would be harshly compared to Hugh Jackman who played the role for over a decade. Personally I think a up and coming actor would be the best fit.

I think the biggest obstacle for Cavill was JJ Abraham as it was going to be his decision on what type of Superman he wanted to cast for his version of the character. I think Cavill is a good pick but Snyder didn't know how to write for him well. One thing that many people can possibly agree on is Snyder's casting decisions were very good overall with the only question mark being ezra miller who if given the right script may grow on people. If done right a potential face off between Captain Marvel and Superman could be a huge draw. However, I wonder what part the Marvel kids will play as they could easily overpower Supes unless they intend to have Superman OP.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’ve been assuming he’ll be in the sequel since the end of the first one. And I’ve been really confused why everyone else on the internet has been so sure that he’s done. That ending was like the definition of sequel bait.
    It was good marketing if true. Keeping fans in limbo. Honestly, WB may not want to reboot Superman as his film didn't do bad but it also didn't do MCU numbers. The complaints weren't about cavill but about the script itself, which is fixable.

If you listen to Canvill hes 100% not done. He said something like the Capes Mine, it's still hanging in the closet. Hes probaly just fighting with WB behind the scenes trying to get a movie in production. But the rumors that JJ was making the next Superman film could put an end to that. I dont see any reason to switch actors, Canvill looks the part. Give him a version of Superman to play that feels like Superman and I'm sure it will be a homerun.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If you listen to Canvill hes 100% not done. He said something like the Capes Mine, it's still hanging in the closet. Hes probaly just fighting with WB behind the scenes trying to get a movie in production. But the rumors that JJ was making the next Superman film could put an end to that. I dont see any reason to switch actors, Canvill looks the part. Give him a version of Superman to play that feels like Superman and I'm sure it will be a homerun.
    I think the biggest issue was all the turmoil surrounding the restructuring of DC films executive leadership along with the firing of Snyder from directing future dc projects (he still produces), and the recasting of Batman that made many of us think Cavill was done as well. Hopefully he is staying because I think a Superman vs Shazam type film could be epic! Definitely would want JJ directing it because of the ability to do good action scenes and a good story (Not holding Star Wars against him as alot has come out showing executive meddling and having to correct the last jedi was a hard task for anyone)

BANNED

There has been zero confirmation anywhere that he's done.

Superman being an actual character in Shazam 2 might be the only thing to get me to want Cavill to return as Superman. I'm in the camp that just wants to move on already and get someone else to play him in the movies, but if he were to have a part in Shazam I could root for his return.

The first film was too spoofy. The sequel needs to change course.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    What do you mean by spoofy?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    the sequel should just be about sequel tropes

We've seen about all you can do with Superman squaring off against good guys and murdering bad guys, so I am ready for him to just be Superman and play a nice, boy scout again. Maybe Shazam is the kind of character that can make him remember what it is to be a hero.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What do you mean by spoofy?
    It wasnt adult and deadly serious therefore it was like a MCU movie. Which makes it bad.

I really liked Shazam and I hope 2 keeps the same tone. Black adam should have a much darker more adult tone and the let those worlds collide in Shazam 3. Do it like GOTG, keep the tone that made Shazam a sucess but dont be afraid to get really dark if the story calls for it.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-05-2020 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post

The GREAT news here is that there is going to be a Shazam 2. It's also good to see that Superman will be appearing and played by Henry Cavill.
    Power with Girl is better.