Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That happens a fair bit. MCU Hawkeye is so deadly dull because MCU Tony Stark drank his comic counterparts snarky wiseass milkshake right up and left him with nothing but a dude with a stick that shoots other smaller sticks.
    Yes! And I’ve always held an unreasonable grudge against RDJ for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So it's suppose to be a different Yondu? I figure James Gunn just liked the look of the character and basicaly made him a Character in name only. Didnt know he was suppose to be another character completely.
    Yondu in the movie was originally based on the one from the future Guardians of the Galaxy in the comics. There's even quite a bit of concept art showing him with designs much more similar to the comic version. They ended up going a different direction and the comics later introduced a Yondu in the main timeline based on the movie version. He's supposed to be the ancestor of the future Yondu.

Definitely Wonder Woman, I’ve read a fair bit about her in the comics. But always found her and her corner of the dc universe pretty uninteresting. While I think the movie stumbled in the 3rd act, Gadot really shined in the role. Ditto Steve Trevor with Chris Pine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yondu in the movie was originally based on the one from the future Guardians of the Galaxy in the comics. There's even quite a bit of concept art showing him with designs much more similar to the comic version. They ended up going a different direction and the comics later introduced a Yondu in the main timeline based on the movie version. He's supposed to be the ancestor of the future Yondu.
    Didnt know that. Sounds more like James Gunn kinda stole Yondus look but didnt want any of his backstory. And then the comics found a way to introduce movie Yondu into the world aswell, while keeping OG Yondu

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Yes! And I’ve always held an unreasonable grudge against RDJ for this reason.
    Eh, I don't mind MCU Tony being fun, I just regret that MCU Hawkeye has been so painfully dull. The writing has been just boring, and the actor, eh. The most exciting Renner gets is when he's in interviews calling Black Widow a slut or telling us how it's not his job to stand up for his ladyfriend actors. Once he's Hawkeye, he's back to boring.

I get annoyed when I hear that Jensen Ackles was up for the role of Hawkeye, but had to turn it down because of scheduling conflicts with Supernatural, since he's got an ounce of charm, and if he had to stand around and recite awful lines, he'd at least look pretty doing it.

Incredible Member

Cyborg on Doom Patrol.

Incredible Member

I got one

Heatwave.

I didn't even know the character existed, and suddenly he's part of the holy trinity of legends of tomorrow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    I got one

Heatwave.

I didn't even know the character existed, and suddenly he's part of the holy trinity of legends of tomorrow.
    He's so much more interesting than in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    He's so much more interesting than in the comics.
    Yea I liked Captain Cold on the CW aswell but they have done interesting things with him the comics. Heatwave I cant think of a single thing that stands out. But on LOT hes a blast

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Scarlett Witch, though I did like James Robinson's short lived series.

She's the coolest character in the MCU, but barely gets to do anything. Elizabeth Olsen sells her really well.

Incredible Member

For me the majority of the MCU outside of Spiderman and Captain America. I've always thought that most of the MCU characters were way more interesting in the films than they were in the comics.

Another poster who stated that movies matter is very true. I never cared for the majority of Marvel characters in general outside the more popular xmen, spiderman, and f4 characters but Marvel reinventing their characters via film really helped change my perspective on some.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Scarlett Witch, though I did like James Robinson's short lived series.

She's the coolest character in the MCU, but barely gets to do anything. Elizabeth Olsen sells her really well.
    Got to second Flash Gordon on this one. Never could like Scarlett Witch, but the MCU variant is pretty slammin'!

I was about medium-meh towards Green Arrow until the first episode of Arrow. They really sold what five years of harsh Darwinian living might have done to a guy.

Sif: I grew up in a time when she'd been relegated to hand-wringing in the comics. They threw that in the trash pretty quick.

Man-Ape: Even a pasty white dude like me in his childhood realized that was a deeply problematic character, but the MCU took what was best in him and did something magnificent with it. I'd pay to see a M'Baku spin-off.

Astonishing Member

Scott Pilgrim.

I mean, I know the movie and comics are pretty similar. But I tried reading the comics and couldn't get into them. I loved the movie. Maybe it's more that I just don't dig O'Malley's art style.

Guardians of the Galaxy
    Captain America (I wonder why I don't read his comics, he's my favorite live action superhero, and one of my favorites in animation)
    Doctor Strange
    Ant-Man
    Thor
    I think I should say basically all MCU characters that are not Spider-Man, Hulk, and Iron Man
    Jessica Jones (I like her as Mrs. Cage, don't find interest in reading her own comic book series)
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Bluebird

Comics Daisy Johnson was originally just kinda there looking like a Maria Hill twin, but I really like what they did with her on Agents of SHIELD. Helps that Chloe Bennet showed that she owns the role as the show progressed.