Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pretty much the entire Arrowverse for me.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Thor. I don't like him at all in the comics as I find him boring and uninteresting. The goofball that is Chris Hemworth actually made me like him.
    The sad fact is the movie version of Thor is just the comic version of Hercules. They took Hercs personality and just slapped it on Thor.

Antman and Dr. Strange fit into this category for me. I've never cared about their comic counterparts that much.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

X-Men. Never read the comic. I had seen some of the cartoons in the 90s that were very good, so I was familiar with some of the characters.

Loved the first two films (although Anna Paquin as Rogue was a head-scratcher since she was nothing like the cartoon Rogue) and I missed Gambit's presence. But those two films were great. That third one though (groan).

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Antman and Dr. Strange fit into this category for me. I've never cared about their comic counterparts that much.
    Oo scott Lang is another one for me. Couldnt give two shits about Lang in the comics. But Paul Rudd absolutley steals every group scene he is in and has made the character for me.

Also Yondu, I barely knew who he was. And I loved Rookers take on the character. His sacrafice and then funeral is tied with Morgan and Happy at Tony's funeral for the scenes that got me the most emotional.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The sad fact is the movie version of Thor is just the comic version of Hercules. They took Hercs personality and just slapped it on Thor.
    That happens a fair bit. MCU Hawkeye is so deadly dull because MCU Tony Stark drank his comic counterparts snarky wiseass milkshake right up and left him with nothing but a dude with a stick that shoots other smaller sticks.

Flash, Green Arrow, and Supergirl. Never had any interest in them as comic book characters. But enjoy their TV shows a lot. Still don't read Flash and Green Arrow but the TV show got me to read the Supergirl comic books.
    Still like the TV Supergirl more.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Helen Slater's Supergirl, I never liked Supegirl much because I thought Superman should be the only survivor of Krypton other than a few villains. But she truly is so beautiful like an angel to look upon, still the most gorgeous superheroine I've seen on screen. If only she could get a good script, man.
    Actually I prefer Melissa Benoist's Supergirl to Helen Slater's Supergirl

I was Unintested in the comic character John Henry Irons, but Shaquille O'Neal's Steel made him very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Also Yondu, I barely knew who he was. And I loved Rookers take on the character. His sacrafice and then funeral is tied with Morgan and Happy at Tony's funeral for the scenes that got me the most emotional.
    Loved Cat Stevens in the funeral scene. Tears. But that Yondu was not the Yondu from the comics anyway - the original Yondu from the comics is the one from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Loved Cat Stevens in the funeral scene. Tears. But that Yondu was not the Yondu from the comics anyway - the original Yondu from the comics is the one from the future.
    So it's suppose to be a different Yondu? I figure James Gunn just liked the look of the character and basicaly made him a Character in name only. Didnt know he was suppose to be another character completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Actually I prefer Melissa Benoist's Supergirl to Helen Slater's Supergirl

I was Unintested in the comic character John Henry Irons, but Shaquille O'Neal's Steel made him very cool.
    She got a better script no doubt, but Helen is the perfect cast.

Retired

Most comics characters I can't be bothered to read the comics anymore, but I'll show up for their movies and TV shows. I've hardly read any Deadpool, Harley Quinn or Batwoman comics, yet I watch them in live action.

Reed Richards over Steve Rogers in the comics. Am not a big fan of Captain America in the books but Chris Evans did a convincing enough job to make me like the character in the film. Evans is the only character in MCU movies that does not make me feel embarrassed to like the genre. He gets my respect for that.

Never was that big a fan of the big three Avengers until the MCU to be honest (More of an X-men/Spider-Man/Hulk guy)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The Avengers big three were much lesser than DC's big three in the comics. The MCU changed all that for me. Deadpool was just a joke character until RR got his hands on him.

Movies matter.