Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I just wanna say, that, personally, I think it should be fine if you don't like/believe one of the combinations isn't happening(I think Emma/Logan not being a thing in any way is something most agree on, though that's the most extreme example), as long as you're not too... Unappreciative and combative of it(which I guess rev was).
    I agree with you that it’s 100% fine to not think certain pairings are happening. I don’t think Logan and Scott are having any sort of physical relationship at all neither are Logan and Emma. My previous post is to clarify that this should be an appreciation thread. Discussion is fine but endless loops of the same explanation just derail the thread.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think it can be read as queerbaiting. But I think there is a difference between queerbaiting, where the creators have no intention of ever making it canon, and the creators doing everything they can to execute their idea while being told by administrative higher ups that they can't make it explicit. I think the full implications of the poly relationship fall into the latter category. My impression is that the writers are implying as much as they are able to while trying to get the go ahead from TPTB. Even if they aren't successful now and aren't able to make it explicit, it has still been so heavily implied that future writers, working under different corporate leaders and ever evolving social mores may be able to make it happen sometime because of the ground work being laid now. This is what happened with Northstar, Rictor and Shatterstar, and eventually Iceman.
    But still hasn’t happened with Kitty yet.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But still hasn’t happened with Kitty yet.
    Or Rachel, Yana, or Storm and Yukio, or Laura and Jubilee, etc. For some reason Marvel seems more reluctant to confirm female characters as queer. Maybe because they think that it would cause straight male readers to be unable to view them as sexually attractive? But that doesn't really make sense, there are plenty of straight guys who fetishize wlw characters and people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Or Rachel, Yana, or Storm and Yukio, or Laura and Jubilee, etc. For some reason Marvel seems more reluctant to confirm female characters as queer. Maybe because they think that it would cause straight male readers to be unable to view them as sexually attractive? But that doesn't really make sense, there are plenty of straight guys who fetishize wlw characters and people.
    Well, only recently we have a few of the female writers being queer, so maybe we’ll some confirmations.

Only recently has Mystique been confirmed.

I agree with your list with the addition of Dani, Rahne and Xandra now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    So does this count as queerbaiting? Giving some subtext for a poly relationship, but never show on pages as to not scare away people.
    Depends. Do you consider what Claremont did back in the day with Mystique and Destiny queerbaiting?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Depends. Do you consider what Claremont did back in the day with Mystique and Destiny queerbaiting?
    Personally, I don't think it is.
    When you consider the time/era in which Claremont was writing his subtexts, as far as sexuality and gay/bi relationships were concerned, were as explicit as what would have been allowed regarding his actual intent.
    The concept of "queerbating" is an entirely different thing.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

ngl Logan Summers is a wayyyyy way better name than Logan Howlett

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ngl Logan Summers is a wayyyyy way better name than Logan Howlett
    I kinda wanted for them to all go for Grey-Summers to have a unified surname lol.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder have Tony Stark fits into all this.

Emma is suppose to marry him. Is it a marriage of convenience? A union for alliance?

Is Tony down for the poly group as well? (We know his Axis version was)

I wonder have Tony Stark fits into all this.

Emma is suppose to marry him. Is it a marriage of convenience? A union for alliance?

Is Tony down for the poly group as well? (We know his Axis version was)
    It has to be some sort of alliance, business thing or whatever. But the question is whether it'll be just a facade or Emma will be doing the deed with him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    or Emma will be doing the deed with him lol.
    It would be OOC for her if she does. Emma has been very vocal in recent years about how much she despises Tony. I don’t know what would possibly make her change her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It would be OOC for her if she does. Emma has been very vocal in recent years about how much she despises Tony. I don’t know what would possibly make her change her mind.
    The same writer handwavium that erases the bad deeds of everyone else.
    Dark does not mean deep.

If they have to marry Emma off to anybody it could at least be Namor. Then she could solidify an alliance with Atlantis and be with a man that respects her. Plus, Namor is hot as hell.

not to mention Tini had just written a scene about Emma talking about her restraining order on Tony

OOC pre-Krakoa, not necessarily post-Krakoa
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”