Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Like what was done with iceman?
    Yes, but considering that Wolverine is one of the faces of the Marvel brand and one of the most recognizable superheroes, the response would be even more massive. It would all over social media, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some mainstream media outlets started covering the story. It would probably be the most coverage the x-men have gotten in years.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yes, but considering that Wolverine is one of the faces of the Marvel brand and one of the most recognizable superheroes, the response would be even more massive. It would all over social media, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some mainstream media outlets started covering the story. It would probably be the most coverage the x-men have gotten in years.
    Exactatiously.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The too hot with it too cold without it is tenuous
    1.Experience from having body hair is perfectly normal,Scott could be speaking from shared experience of having body hair vis-a-vis after a clean body wax,a male telling that to another male does not mean he is referring to him cuddling Logan in bed

2.He could be and more likely is referring to Jean's hair which we've always known is long,it's a tongue n cheek way of saying he knows she keeps the bed warm and so relates to them sharing her.
    1) Yeah, sure, that's a valid no homo answer.

2) Idk, I don't see how Jean's hair would make it too hot for them to sleep. What position would they be sleeping in that it would be all over them? Her hair is not exceptionally long, is only long in the same way that most women's hair are. Meanwhile Logan is known as being a very hairy guy. Making a scene to point out Jean's hair is not as likely nor does it make as much sense as one to point out Logan's body hair.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-31-2020 at 03:05 AM.

Spectacular Member

Anyway I though that this was the appreciation thread for the relationship of these four whatever form you believe it's taking.

There's already a rectangle thread to discuss your negative thoughts about any of the aspects of the perceived relationships.

This is an appreciation thread, if you don't appreciate the coupling (quadrupling?) then take your business elsewhere.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Jean Grey has Lisa Bonet energy.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jean Grey has Lisa Bonet energy.
    More like they have...Queen energy?

The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Personally, I'm enjoying the warmth and sincere shows of affection between Logan and Scott. Some people might baulk at the subtext, but I'm perfectly comfortable with it. **** it, they even seem to be hanging out when Jean isn't on the scene...

Although I'm straight myself, I find the new status quo to be refreshing. Whether you choose to read romantic intention into their interactions or not, the whole perpetually being at "loggerheads" because of their shared feelings for Jean dynamic is very much played out. They both have clearly moved past the "alpha-male bullshit" that characterised their earlier interactions, and have come to respect and admire each other. Prior to Schism, Logan was very much Scott's righthand man, his "go-to guy" when things were at their worst. Furthermore, Logan would run through a brick wall if Scott said it was necessary.

In my humble opinion, I think that it makes perfect sense that their absolute trust in the field would manifest into some form of closeness away from it. I hope we never revert back to the cliched love-rival bullshit. The Scott-Logan-Jean-Emma love rectangle has moved past monogamy and petty jealousy.

Long may it reign! Vive La Krakoan sexual revolution!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

YES!!!
    Vive La Krakoan sexual revolution!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by EndangeredSpecies View Post
    Personally, I'm enjoying the warmth and sincere shows of affection between Logan and Scott. Some people might baulk at the subtext, but I'm perfectly comfortable with it. **** it, they even seem to be hanging out when Jean isn't on the scene...

Although I'm straight myself, I find the new status quo to be refreshing. Whether you choose to read romantic intention into their interactions or not, the whole perpetually being at "loggerheads" because of their shared feelings for Jean dynamic is very much played out. They both have clearly moved past the "alpha-male bullshit" that characterised their earlier interactions, and have come to respect and admire each other. Prior to Schism, Logan was very much Scott's righthand man, his "go-to guy" when things were at their worst. Furthermore, Logan would run through a brick wall if Scott said it was necessary.

In my humble opinion, I think that it makes perfect sense that their absolute trust in the field would manifest into some form of closeness away from it. I hope we never revert back to the cliched love-rival bullshit. The Scott-Logan-Jean-Emma love rectangle has moved past monogamy and petty jealousy.

Long may it reign! Vive La Krakoan sexual revolution!
    I so agree. I didn't like the era where Scott and Logan were at odds nor did I like Matt Rosenberg saying in interviews that Scott and Logan didn't like each other. Sure they had their problems in the past, but they had become close friends imo. Look at New X-men they seemed close there but even in Whedon's Astonishing they displayed some aggression toward each other. Writers can't seem to let them become buddies.

I like it when Scott and Logan show a deep respect for each other. They can have some conflict because they are different people and come at situations differently but they still admire and respect one another. As for a romantic relationship ...who knows but I'm sure we'll see more of this open sexuality going forward. I think Leah Williams said the polycule would be addressed in a podcast, so eventually Hickman might spell it out for us.

So does this count as queerbaiting? Giving some subtext for a poly relationship, but never show on pages as to not scare away people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    So does this count as queerbaiting? Giving some subtext for a poly relationship, but never show on pages as to not scare away people.
    I think it's kinda complicated... They made the fact that there's a poly relationship clear enough imo. We saw Jean/Logan on panel with no hint of it being cheating. They just haven't said how exactly everything works or scenes of all of them(/all the combinations) kissing or in bed or whatever.

I do think Marvel won't ever allow Scott/Logan, and in that sense implying it can probably be considered queerbaiting... But at the same time I think we can say that we have the poly confirmed and the M/M(or F/F) part hasn't been denied... So idk? Maybe I'm just a clown being grateful for queerbaiting but I'm not gonna say I wish the current situation wasn't happening(have it all be as explicit(not in the sexual sense lool) would be even better, but you get what I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This is an appreciation thread, if you don't appreciate the coupling (quadrupling?) then take your business elsewhere.
    I just wanna say, that, personally, I think it should be fine if you don't like/believe one of the combinations isn't happening(I think Emma/Logan not being a thing in any way is something most agree on, though that's the most extreme example), as long as you're not too... Unappreciative and combative of it(which I guess rev was).
    Last edited by Wiccan; 08-03-2020 at 12:11 AM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it's kinda complicated... They made the fact that there's a poly relationship clear enough imo. We saw Jean/Logan on panel with no hint of it being cheating. They just haven't said how exactly everything works or scenes of all of them(/all the combinations) kissing or in bed or whatever.

I do think Marvel won't ever allow Scott/Logan, and in that sense implying it can probably be considered queerbaiting... But at the same time I think we can say that we have the poly confirmed and the M/M(or F/F) part hasn't been denied... So idk? Maybe I'm just a clown being grateful for queerbaiting but I'm not gonna say I wish the current situation wasn't happening(have it all be as explicit(not in the sexual sense lool) would be even better, but you get what I mean).
    The I think full queerbaiting would be for Marvel to then pull the rug and say that everyone was just "reading too much into it."
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think it can be read as queerbaiting. But I think there is a difference between queerbaiting, where the creators have no intention of ever making it canon, and the creators doing everything they can to execute their idea while being told by administrative higher ups that they can't make it explicit. I think the full implications of the poly relationship fall into the latter category. My impression is that the writers are implying as much as they are able to while trying to get the go ahead from TPTB. Even if they aren't successful now and aren't able to make it explicit, it has still been so heavily implied that future writers, working under different corporate leaders and ever evolving social mores may be able to make it happen sometime because of the ground work being laid now. This is what happened with Northstar, Rictor and Shatterstar, and eventually Iceman.

Yeah, this is the problem with teasing it indefinitely I think. Fans are going to gripe and there will be backlash either way you go. And in this case, with two characters who have been shown as nothing but heterosexual until recently having many relationships with females (unlike Iceman, for example), I think the griping that this feels forced and out of character would have merit. On the other hand, if you don’t make them bi now folks will cry queer baiting. So it’s kind of a lose-lose for Marvel at this point to do anything but what they’re doing and make no one happy, but no one unduly irate either I guess. Right now there’s been a little grumbling, but no major outcry.