Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I do want to see a follow up to the Scott in a speedo line. Like I hope we get to see this little vacation and that Wolverine gets to appreciate Scott in his speedo . I'm sure if this does play out we'll likely get disappointed, but still it is fun to think about.

I need to be careful and use some spoiler tags for the She-Ra cartoon so only look if you have watched the last season spoilers:
    but if She-Ra and Catra can have a romance then certainly Scott and Logan could have something. I never would have dreamed the creators would go through with Adora and Catra. I thought it was a sisterly love while watching the show, similar to what I would have said about Scott and Logan - that they were like brothers. Anything is possible now.
    end of spoilers
    As was stated already, She-Ra's fanbase tend to be queer or at least queer-friendly so the inclusion of LGBTQ relationships on the show was not a big deal. The X-Men is a pretty mainstream franchise and I think toxic masculinity & homophobia from casual fans (not the hardcore fans who seem to be much more accepting) will prevent them from going all in when it comes to Scott/Logan. But I appreciate all the hints we've gotten.

To be honest, I'm kinda glad that we are years away from seeing a new X-Men film since Disney seems to currently be hands-off when it comes to the comics, Marvel (Comics) is free to do what they want with their characters. I would imagine once the movies come out, they may start meddling in the comics, and they may not be okay with 3 (or 4 if you include Emma) of the main characters being in an implied polymorphous relationship.
    Last edited by pandesal; 05-24-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yessss!!!! This is really amazing btw!
    aw shucks, thanks. I did one with Wolvie too:

Wolvie-Swimsuit.jpg

Those beach beauty X-Men by Lukas Werneck are everything!

Marvel really should do a new Post-Apocalypse Swimsuit Special to help raise everyone's spirits after this dreadful pandemic.

EDIT: Higher-Res version of Wolvie can be seen here. After seeing Bishop's hunky new Red Bishop uniform I think I may do a beachwear version of him next.
    Last edited by Ravyn; 05-27-2020 at 09:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandesal View Post
    As was stated already, She-Ra's fanbase tend to be queer or at least queer-friendly so the inclusion of LGBTQ relationships on the show was not a big deal. The X-Men is a pretty mainstream franchise and I think toxic masculinity & homophobia from casual fans (not the hardcore fans who seem to be much more accepting) will prevent them from going all in when it comes to Scott/Logan. But I appreciate all the hints we've gotten.

To be honest, I'm kinda glad that we are years away from seeing a new X-Men film since Disney seems to currently be hands-off when it comes to the comics, Marvel (Comics) is free to do what they want with their characters. I would imagine once the movies come out, they may start meddling in the comics, and they may not be okay with 3 (or 4 if you include Emma) of the main characters being in an implied polymorphous relationship.
    I would think getting rid of Perlmutter played a role in that, too.

Getting more than the implications would surprise me, because if they do that, the media circus alone would be earthshattering. To say nothing about the public reaction.

Gail Simone could do it in Secret Six, because it was a small comic with characters, who are not really well known. In a franchise like the X-Men sadly not a chance.

I think that they would have to move to a European Publisher to be able to get away with saying stuff like that ^^

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I wrote some fluff. Mr Hickman gives me so much to work with. And Ororo knows her friends very well.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/24794194

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I wrote some fluff. Mr Hickman gives me so much to work with. And Ororo knows her friends very well.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/24794194
    Heh. Thanks for sharing. That was a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Heh. Thanks for sharing. That was a fun read.
    Grin, you’re welcome, the current set up gives me some excellent margins to scribble in.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Grin, you’re welcome, the current set up gives me some excellent margins to scribble in.
    I would LOVE to get a collection of Krakoan vignettes, like they did during the Utopia era, with a few short stories featuring day-to-day activities of assorted mutants.

Also, if I may, the detail of Logan's thumb movement in your piece was perfection.

I would LOVE to get a collection of Krakoan vignettes, like they did during the Utopia era, with a few short stories featuring day-to-day activities of assorted mutants.
    I think that’s why I want a Council Book, and I include the Captains in that.
    And I think it should be funny too.

Also, if I may, the detail of Logan's thumb movement in your piece was perfection.
    Oh, Kurt and Logan have been in a casual relationship since 1980, after Jean died on the moon and they spent those nights alone in a tent after fighting the Wendigo. They are very comfortable with each other and what they like.
    I think Kurt would be very supportive of The Summers House, particularly with Scott and Logan burying the hatchet. But I also think Kurt is Logan’s pressure release valve, they trust each other on such a deep level. Besides, Jean needs back up.

There are mostly funny. https://archiveofourown.org/series/1544128
    This is more of an exploration of the poly relationship, sometimes funny. https://archiveofourown.org/series/1544149

This thread, and a few others, are going to get very active after X-Force #10. Not gonna spoil anything, but those who have read that book already know why.

I'm just here for the discussion. Going to need a lot of popcorn.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This thread, and a few others, are going to get very active after X-Force #10. Not gonna spoil anything, but those who have read that book already know why.

I'm just here for the discussion. Going to need a lot of popcorn.
    Hooray!!!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Some of this makes me wonder how things will be once Hickman leaves, will all of the poly stuff continue or will it just be left behind after a bit like it never happened except to some fans that want to either keep it going or bring it back...

Extraordinary Member

I’m glad this is finally proof for the naysayers.

Why not just continue it after Hickman leaves?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-08-2020 at 03:41 AM.

BANNED

I thought it was a cute moment that was very tastefull.
    Im not particulary invested BUT it was a balanced and well done moment that should be satisfying for fans of that particular conection
    Last edited by Ferro; 07-08-2020 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I thought it was a cute moment that was very tastefull.
    Agreed. The extent of the juicy details was left ambiguous. And that works perfectly. I doubt Marvel will ever flat out confirm the nature of Scott, Jean, Logan, and Emma's relationship. Because as long as it's sufficiently ambiguous, fans with their dirty imaginations will fill in those juicy details.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.