Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 158
  1. #136
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    Yes! Just the thought of these two men who hated each other (for some reason) healing their schism in the most tender loving way possible has given me some hope during these dark times.
    I prefer to think it's not in the most tender loving way possible.

  2. #137
    Mighty Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    lolll the claw marks on the bed would agree with you

  3. #138

    Default

    This is my new favourite thread

    After several decades of tireless bickering, I think the whole Jean/Scott/Logan love triangle is thoroughly played out. Surely it has been mined for every last ounce of drama possible?! Some of the petty exchanges between Logan and Scott during Schism just seemed out-of-place. Logan went from being Scott's right-hand man; to all of a sudden being back at each others' throats. I know Schism wasn't about the love triangle but it inevitably was dragged into the story to create additional "drama". I just found it contrived and tedious to be honest...

    I'm loving the ambiguity of the current set-up. You can tell the writers are having fun with the whole scenario. It's barely even subtext at this point. Aside from the not so subtle overtones in the panels, it's nice to read an X-Men book where the characters seem to actually like (putting it mildly in this case) each other.

    Long live the Scott/Logan/Jean/Emma sexual revolution!

  4. #139
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EndangeredSpecies View Post
    This is my new favourite thread

    After several decades of tireless bickering, I think the whole Jean/Scott/Logan love triangle is thoroughly played out. Surely it has been mined for every last ounce of drama possible?! Some of the petty exchanges between Logan and Scott during Schism just seemed out-of-place. Logan went from being Scott's right-hand man; to all of a sudden being back at each others' throats. I know Schism wasn't about the love triangle but it inevitably was dragged into the story to create additional "drama". I just found it contrived and tedious to be honest...

    I'm loving the ambiguity of the current set-up. You can tell the writers are having fun with the whole scenario. It's barely even subtext at this point. Aside from the not so subtle overtones in the panels, it's nice to read an X-Men book where the characters seem to actually like (putting it mildly in this case) each other.

    Long live the Scott/Logan/Jean/Emma sexual revolution!
    Absofukkenlutely (pun very much intended)
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  5. #140
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    I do want to see a follow up to the Scott in a speedo line. Like I hope we get to see this little vacation and that Wolverine gets to appreciate Scott in his speedo . I'm sure if this does play out we'll likely get disappointed, but still it is fun to think about.

    I need to be careful and use some spoiler tags for the She-Ra cartoon so only look if you have watched the last season spoilers:
    but if She-Ra and Catra can have a romance then certainly Scott and Logan could have something. I never would have dreamed the creators would go through with Adora and Catra. I thought it was a sisterly love while watching the show, similar to what I would have said about Scott and Logan - that they were like brothers. Anything is possible now.
    end of spoilers

  6. #141
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I do want to see a follow up to the Scott in a speedo line. Like I hope we get to see this little vacation and that Wolverine gets to appreciate Scott in his speedo . I'm sure if this does play out we'll likely get disappointed, but still it is fun to think about.

    I need to be careful and use some spoiler tags for the She-Ra cartoon so only look if you have watched the last season spoilers:
    but if She-Ra and Catra can have a romance then certainly Scott and Logan could have something. I never would have dreamed the creators would go through with Adora and Catra. I thought it was a sisterly love while watching the show, similar to what I would have said about Scott and Logan - that they were like brothers. Anything is possible now.
    end of spoilers
    Err... I don't think it's the same unfortunately. She-Ra was just like... One old cartoon that someone decided to remake. It's not like people still talked about it and there was still She-Ra content being made until they come up with this new show. Meanwhile, Scott and Logan, they're part of a whole brand that has been going for over 50 years and it envolves not only the comics but movies, cartoons, games, etc. Wolverine, especially, is a brand on itself.

    There's also the fact that, well, most of She-Ra's audience was gay. Like, the show was literally a tumblr user's dream come true from the beginning, even before THAT happened, there was still a lot of gay. And the fact that it was the last season, too, meant there was nothing to lose. That's not the case for X-Men. Yeah the franchise has a lot of LGBT following, but at the end of the day it's still not the majority probably, not to mention the overall Marvel casuals. And the Wolverine(plus Scott) fanboys especially... And then, ofc, it's not just one finite show or series or whatever. Those comics with those characters in this continuity is gonna keep going for as long as possible.

  7. #142
    Amazing Member pandesal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Look at these amazing pieces by Lukas Werneck.

    Last edited by pandesal; 05-23-2020 at 01:07 AM.

  8. #143
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,727

    Default

    Wow they look amazing! He should do a Chandilore vacation special.

  9. #144
    Amazing Member pandesal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Wow they look amazing! He should do a Chandilore vacation special.
    Ikr? That's what I thought when I saw these! He also drew some other X-Men if your interested in checking them out: https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...98488510087174

  10. #145
    Mighty Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    the sheer personality of his Logan and Emma .. I'm very heart eyes rn

  11. #146
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Err... I don't think it's the same unfortunately. She-Ra was just like... One old cartoon that someone decided to remake. It's not like people still talked about it and there was still She-Ra content being made until they come up with this new show. Meanwhile, Scott and Logan, they're part of a whole brand that has been going for over 50 years and it envolves not only the comics but movies, cartoons, games, etc. Wolverine, especially, is a brand on itself.

    There's also the fact that, well, most of She-Ra's audience was gay. Like, the show was literally a tumblr user's dream come true from the beginning, even before THAT happened, there was still a lot of gay. And the fact that it was the last season, too, meant there was nothing to lose. That's not the case for X-Men. Yeah the franchise has a lot of LGBT following, but at the end of the day it's still not the majority probably, not to mention the overall Marvel casuals. And the Wolverine(plus Scott) fanboys especially... And then, ofc, it's not just one finite show or series or whatever. Those comics with those characters in this continuity is gonna keep going for as long as possible.
    I wasn't being that series but spoilers:
    Catra and She-Ra have been enemies from the very beginning: the toys, the mini comics with the toys, the Filmation cartoon, etc. It was a departure to develop them as quasi sisters and then take it a step further into romance. Yes the creators are LGBT women and the fanbase had always had a lot of gay men in it. I've been in the MOTU/POP online fandom as long as I've been in the X-men and both have a big online gay fanbase. The first cartoon I ever remember watching is She-Ra (I was little kid during the mid/late 80s).

    When NPR did an article about the show on their facebook page that were a lot of comments from parents talking about their sons and daughters enjoying the show. He-Man/She-Ra had a young audience originally (I watched as a 5-6 year old), and there were a lot of young kids watching the She-Ra show today.

    The She-Ra creator was called out last year for gay baiting, but she delivered with the finale (people just weren't patient enough and felt so far only a few minor characters were gay).
    end of spoilers

    As for Scott/Logan I agree they will remain close friends/allies. I don't think any thing more than vague hints will ever happen but it is fun to discuss and think about. Someone on reddit posted about it and someone on here brought it up but I like the Sense8 idea of Jean and Emma using their telepathy for Scott, Jean, Emma, and Logan to experience the ultimate intimacy together on the astral plane.. so it is something above sexuality but still a deep intimacy and closeness (more spiritual than sexual).

    Or Scott/Logan can just be straight bros who see each other as brothers (the way I always saw Iceman and Angel so I was a bit concerned when writers had Iceman say Angel was hot because I think he would have seen him as an older brother).

  12. #147
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandesal View Post
    Ikr? That's what I thought when I saw these! He also drew some other X-Men if your interested in checking them out: https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...98488510087174
    Pretty awesome. I liked his movie costume concepts too. Though I think he needed to find a way to put the mask on Loganís. Make it functional where it serves some purpose. Like the lenses give him night vision so he can hunt better in the dark or something like that. Iíve always thought it was cool how back in the 90s (I think when he was in X-Factor) they explained that Sabretoothís cat-eyes allowed him to see in the dark, which was an advantage over Logan there. This shows how their powers are slightly different (which makes sense because they arenít related in the comics like they were in the films), and it would also explain why Logan might wear a mask in the MCU films since heís not trying to conceal his identity. Plus, it looks cool.

  13. #148
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    Jean's head looks a bit disproportioned in that bathing suit pic with Scott...but it is skexshay. Love his Emma, though I think her one-piece is covering too much by Emma's standards.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  14. #149
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,960

    Default

    Friendly reminder that appreciation threads are for appreciating, not being negative.

  15. #150
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    Yes! Just the thought of these two men who hated each other (for some reason) healing their schism in the most tender loving way possible has given me some hope during these dark times.

    With no new X-Men content being produced I've turned to virtual cosplay to depict the Summers Family vacation: Scott in a Speedo.

    Attachment 96876

    Edit: Hm. it got smushed in the upload. A higher-res version can be viewed here.
    Yessss!!!! This is really amazing btw!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •