Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 153
  1. #61
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Exactly! When people talk about Jean and Emma holding grudges and how it's unrealistic for them to get over stuff, etc. it's only from a human POV. Telepaths could really, easily, with just a bit of courage and the strength to be vulnerable, resolve so many differences with each other by opening up and really experiencing what it's like to be the other person.

    Same thing with Scott and Logan and Jean. Imagine Jean leading a psychic 'therapy' session where all involved experience true understanding and empathy with the other...

    That's the way to: 1) make the "they all had problems in the past, this is unrealistic" argument completely irrelevant; 2) continue to emphasize that mutants are not the same as humans; and 3) use this as a microcosmic example of the evolution from their legacy "human" culture to a new true mutant culture that is also reflected in the larger macrocosm of mutants in the world.

    That's the direction I'm hoping Hickman and co. moves in.
    My heart to this post.

  2. #62
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,391

    Default

    Logan and Emma know Scott.



  3. #63
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Logan and Emma know Scott.


    Bless Chip Zdarsky for saying bottom!Scott rights.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Logan and Emma know Scott.


    Scott is precise. That sounds incredibly sexy out of context.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  5. #65
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Scott is precise. That sounds incredibly sexy out of context.
    Good thing Zdarsky gave it some sexiness in context too

  6. #66
    Incredible Member Astroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Scott is precise. That sounds incredibly sexy out of context.
    "I can knock a gun out of a villain's hand a mile away without causing personal harm... now let me turn my more tender attentions to all the areas you crave focused attention."

  7. #67
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,391

    Default

    https://twitter.com/akira1love/statu...323111937?s=21
    Quote Originally Posted by akira1love
    I know I'm repetitive but Scott and Jean literally giving their back to Dazzler and Lila Cheney's show so they can watch Logan have the time of his life with his kids is the reason why I love these characters and their new relationship



    Cyclops and Marvel Girl watching their boyfriend bond with his kids.

  8. #68
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,227

    Default

    Take a break
    Run away with us, Mr. Summers
    Let's go to space
    We can all go stay with your father

    There's a lake I know (Make Dodson shave your face)
    Your crazy brothers can go (Screw your courage to the sticking place)

    Take a break and get away!
    Run away with us, Mr. Summers!
    Forget the mutant state!
    Leave Magik in charge, it'll probably maybe sorta be ok!

    If you take your time (Look around, look around, at just how many books are in the line right now)
    You will make your mark
    Close your eyes and dream (But don't open them pls)
    When the night gets dark
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Take a break
    Run away with us, Mr. Summers
    Let's go to space
    We can all go stay with your father

    There's a lake I know (Make Dodson shave your face)
    Your crazy brothers can go (Screw your courage to the sticking place)

    Take a break and get away!
    Run away with us, Mr. Summers!
    Forget the mutant state!
    Leave Magik in charge, it'll probably maybe sorta be ok!

    If you take your time (Look around, look around, at just how many books are in the line right now)
    You will make your mark
    Close your eyes and dream (But don't open them pls)
    When the night gets dark
    Oh my God hahahaha brilliant

  10. #70
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Take a break
    Run away with us, Mr. Summers
    Let's go to space
    We can all go stay with your father

    There's a lake I know (Make Dodson shave your face)
    Your crazy brothers can go (Screw your courage to the sticking place)

    Take a break and get away!
    Run away with us, Mr. Summers!
    Forget the mutant state!
    Leave Magik in charge, it'll probably maybe sorta be ok!

    If you take your time (Look around, look around, at just how many books are in the line right now)
    You will make your mark
    Close your eyes and dream (But don't open them pls)
    When the night gets dark
    Witness mutant supremacy in the form of Snoop being a genius as usual.

  11. #71
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,391

  12. #72
    Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Exactly! When people talk about Jean and Emma holding grudges and how it's unrealistic for them to get over stuff, etc. it's only from a human POV. Telepaths could really, easily, with just a bit of courage and the strength to be vulnerable, resolve so many differences with each other by opening up and really experiencing what it's like to be the other person.

    Same thing with Scott and Logan and Jean. Imagine Jean leading a psychic 'therapy' session where all involved experience true understanding and empathy with the other...

    That's the way to: 1) make the "they all had problems in the past, this is unrealistic" argument completely irrelevant; 2) continue to emphasize that mutants are not the same as humans; and 3) use this as a microcosmic example of the evolution from their legacy "human" culture to a new true mutant culture that is also reflected in the larger macrocosm of mutants in the world.

    That's the direction I'm hoping Hickman and co. moves in.
    Yes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    YEESSS!!

    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

  13. #73
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,391

    Default



    Who else is psyched for the Chandilore vacay issue?

  14. #74
    Spectacular Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    148

    Default

    I definitely am! I was doing some rereading and forgot that Hickman has been foreshadowing this vacation since X-Men #2. He must be setting up something big.chandilore2.jpg

  15. #75
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,391

    Default

    Man they were not subtle handling this, pre-Krakoa




    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I definitely am! I was doing some rereading and forgot that Hickman has been foreshadowing this vacation since X-Men #2. He must be setting up something big.chandilore2.jpg
    Plus this nugget from New Mutants #7


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •