Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But as you rightly said...not every X-character is going to be interested in that type of relationship...thank the Goddess!
    Lol. But we need to see more of them. I believe a real life poly person posted a few pages back which X-men would go poly on Krakoa based on their personality/history.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Head-canoning is not my thing.
    Just because he/she thinks they could doesn't mean the writers think they should.
    Even if I was that invested in the relationships between X-Men...I would still think that there are many other types of non-conventional pairings/couplings that can be explored in addition to polyamory.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I do know, but I find that sometimes too much subtext can get in the way of the actual text. In a property owned by a corporation like Disney, the chance of subtext making a jump to text is almost null.
    The next relaunch could easilly undone all of this in a panel.
    Well, I think everyone wants solid confirmation.
    That's the ideal scenario.

However, as you know, subtext is a vital part of art. Certainly when it comes to narratives.
    In this particular case, the subtext is interwoven into the story through the artwork and various other contextual pieces (floor plans, playful dialogue, etc.).
    It's baked in to the story. Even if we don't get an actual line of dialogue directly confirming what we already know, that doesn't mean that the panels didn't happen.
    It's not just in our heads, and we're not making things up.
    It's right there, on-panel.

At this point, there is so much subtext and evidence supporting polyamory, that if someone is unable to at the very least acknowledge the validity of that reading, they're essentially burying their head in the sand.
    They may not like it, it may not be their favorite personal interpretation of the events, but it's valid.

Any future author wanting to directly refute these relationships, as currently described, would not be clarifying but closer to retconning.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 07-29-2020 at 09:45 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    What sexual tension? Where?
    Haven't you seen all of the "out of context" frames that prove Scott and Logan have been lovers for years while the telepathic girlfriend/wife was running mental interference keeping their sexual relationship in the proverbial closet?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Haven't you seen all of the "out of context" frames that prove Scott and Logan have been lovers for years while the telepathic girlfriend/wife was running mental interference keeping their sexual relationship in the proverbial closet?
    Lol unfortunately I'm no telepath, I read it like I see it

Hahahaha

The sexual tension, imo, is more a projection by fans than anything else. Just like when they say two characters inherently have or don't have chemistry, when actually it depends solely on the way they are written or drawn.

The issue where it's blatantly shown that Logan and Scott are sexually involved with each other (as well as Jean) and not just salacious subtext...It's going to shatter the internet. Not just break it...obliterate every atom of it.

And I am here for the nova effect.

Personally, I see them in an easy yet very close bromance with each other but...if it turns out otherwise I'll be just as mildly enthused as when the polyamory news broke. (I was never overly interested in the XM romance shenanigans as some readers)
    You see that fanart on Instagram that Stephen Byrne did where Logan (who was actually Mystique in disguise) made out with Scott? Initially Byrne didn’t reveal that it was just Mystique so some people thought Marvel had actually made Logan and Scott gay. Holy **** did people in the comments lose their minds lmao. That reaction to a noncanon fanart is why I don’t think Marvel will ever approve explicitly showing that kind of relationship between the two.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Lol unfortunately I'm no telepath, I read it like I see it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Hahahaha

The sexual tension, imo, is more a projection by fans than anything else. Just like when they say two characters inherently have or don't have chemistry, when actually it depends solely on the way they are written or drawn.
    It's clear that none of you are here to appreciate this polycule.
    Why are you here?

Please leave.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You see that fanart on Instagram that Stephen Byrne did where Logan (who was actually Mystique in disguise) made out with Scott? Initially Byrne didn’t reveal that it was just Mystique so some people thought Marvel had actually made Logan and Scott gay. Holy **** did people in the comments lose their minds lmao. That reaction to a noncanon fanart is why I don’t think Marvel will ever approve explicitly showing that kind of relationship between the two.
    Besides a lot of internet backlash, would there be any real negative consequences for making it canon? The majority of people that would be angry about Scott and Logan being bi probably aren't reading the comics right now anyways, so I don't think sales would be affected that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it's the "coupling" they've been hinting and teasing at mentioned in a recent interview (SDCC?). Hence the Bi-Flag colours using their names.

The sensational backlash would definitely work in their favour...sure they will probably lose a few die-hard XM Logan/Scott fans but they stand to add a few more new readers who are here for the spectacle of Scogan, based on the magnitude of the blast.

Should they go this route, I am almost certain that the reveal would be carefully orchestrated by the editors and writers involved...all the pros and cons weighed and considered.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Besides a lot of internet backlash, would there be any real negative consequences for making it canon? The majority of people that would be angry about Scott and Logan being bi probably aren't reading the comics right now anyways, so I don't think sales would be affected that much.
    Yeah, they should just go with it. As Devaishwarya said, the backlash from those fans could actually be good and bring more attention to the series.

...and besides, X-Men fans rant and rage over the slightest atrocity and swear the'll never buy another X-book but...come Wednesday they're the first on the boards to give opinions on a story/book they hate.
    We're silly like that.

I think it's the "coupling" they've been hinting and teasing at mentioned in a recent interview (SDCC?). Hence the Bi-Flag colours using their names.

The sensational backlash would definitely work in their favour...sure they will probably lose a few die-hard XM Logan/Scott fans but they stand to add a few more new readers who are here for the spectacle of Scogan, based on the magnitude of the blast.

Should they go this route, I am almost certain that the reveal would be carefully orchestrated by the editors and writers involved...all the pros and cons weighed and considered.
    From what I understand from all the talk about, the new relationship dynamic shown in X of Swords seems to be something that the X-Office has been loving and memeing about but the readers haven't yet. So I think it's not about them.

Those panels are no smoking gun, the last one is also not unequivocal . a) the 'heh' is not 'My blood boils when you're in a speedo' b) he is still continuing his train of thought about Jean in a bikini when he says 'who could say no to that'
    Only the middle one could be considered nothing. In the first one we have Jean, Logan and Scott together and the caption above it is "This is what we'll give them". No way in hell that that's a coincidence. And they could have put Jean in the middle, but they put Logan, and had Scott touching and looking at him.

And the third one... The "Heh" is in response to Scott already. It's not a continuation of the Jean line, that's just how leterring works in comics, they're not gonna create a whole other balloon for Logan considering their positions and that they're probably not taking long between sentences. And whatever a "heh" means is... Definetely not as set in stone as you're saying. They're having a chill moment talking in the morning, and the tone is light-hearted. While Logan would of course appreciate Jean in a bikini, he's already saying that on a jokey tone too.

Also, it's not just that panel. In that scene Scott also says that the reason Logan can't sleep is "because of all that hair. Too hot with it, too cold without it.", like he knows from experience. And then he invites him to the vacation that him and Jean are having with their children. None of his brothers or extended family are coming.

Like what was done with iceman?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver