Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the Jean/Emma TP thing! I always say that we cannot consider them thinking about this stuff in a human way since they're psychic users and they've been Phoenix hosts. Scott has too, and that has to widen your perspective.
    Exactly! When people talk about Jean and Emma holding grudges and how it's unrealistic for them to get over stuff, etc. it's only from a human POV. Telepaths could really, easily, with just a bit of courage and the strength to be vulnerable, resolve so many differences with each other by opening up and really experiencing what it's like to be the other person.

Same thing with Scott and Logan and Jean. Imagine Jean leading a psychic 'therapy' session where all involved experience true understanding and empathy with the other...

That's the way to: 1) make the "they all had problems in the past, this is unrealistic" argument completely irrelevant; 2) continue to emphasize that mutants are not the same as humans; and 3) use this as a microcosmic example of the evolution from their legacy "human" culture to a new true mutant culture that is also reflected in the larger macrocosm of mutants in the world.

That's the direction I'm hoping Hickman and co. moves in.
    Last edited by Astroman; 03-03-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Exactly! When people talk about Jean and Emma holding grudges and how it's unrealistic for them to get over stuff, etc. it's only from a human POV. Telepaths could really, easily, with just a bit of courage and the strength to be vulnerable, resolve so many differences with each other by opening up and really experiencing what it's like to be the other person.

Same thing with Scott and Logan and Jean. Imagine Jean leading a psychic 'therapy' session where all involved experience true understanding and empathy with the other...

That's the way to: 1) make the "they all had problems in the past, this is unrealistic" argument completely irrelevant; 2) continue to emphasize that mutants are not the same as humans; and 3) use this as a microcosmic example of the evolution from their legacy "human" culture to a new true mutant culture that is also reflected in the larger macrocosm of mutants in the world.

Damn Skippy!!!
    meryl-streep.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yes!! Which is also how Jean understood Emma's love for Scott the first time and told him to move on. They're Telepaths, it goes deeper than a grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yes!! Which is also how Jean understood Emma's love for Scott the first time and told him to move on. They're Telepaths, it goes deeper than a grudge.
    When I first read HoX/PoX in its entirety I thinking that Hickman might do something similar that the Netflix show Sense8 did with how the individuals, once connected to each other, start to grow and develop in ways that someone not connected on that deep level would ever be able to... including the dissolution of stereotypical 'love triangles' that normally plague episodic narratives.

It's really not a far jump from Sense8's love scenes and the possible Krakoan love orgy... especially with psychic mutants involved.

YEEESSSS!!!!
    Sense8 was everything!!!
    What's happening now on Krakoa goes so far beyond the "mortal human experience"...from which they, the mutants, are distancing themselves as much as possible.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-03-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    YEEESSSS!!!!
    Sense8 was everything!!!
    I'd love to see a really well done action scene in the X-Men where a telepathic connection allowed for similar group dynamics in action (literally) that we saw in some Sense8 eps... and (just to keep it on topic for the thread) it of course would end up with the Rectangle in the bedroom not realizing (or pretending not to realize) that they didn't shut down the connection to everyone else on the team.

Kurt suddenly wonders why sensing Scott touching Logan is making him feel decidedly non-pious.

Kurt doesn't wonder. Kurt knows why.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Kurt is a thousand flavours of sweet, none of them are vanilla.
    And at it since 1980

LOL! Oh, yeah... that's right isn't it?

https://cykelops.tumblr.com/post/611...son-other-than
    Jean taking Emma’s hand for no reason other than she OFFERED. The intensity of Emma’s eyes. THE PANEL GOING OUT OF ITS WAY TO KEEP IN FRAME SCOTT’S HAND ON LOGAN’S SHOULDER. I am LITERALLY going insane.

I wish there was a way to upvote this because I think you hit the nail on the head, my friend.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I think this is the positive way to look at it, and certainly an interesting one.

However, I'm still going with this whole situation going horribly wrong, and these characters we're seeing either not being the real X-Men and being grown clones, or being somehow brain controlled, so i think this whole thing is just meant to be emphasising how different everyone is acting to normal, so as to set off alarm bells.

It's an interesting idea of a post modern open polyamouristic society of mutant love, understanding and gang bangs, but I have a feeling that isnt where this story is going.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Combat and chill. Basically, the Summer's family version of Netflix and Chill.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Scott and Jean's costumes by Asrar look so so great