Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yeah. Spidey just doesn’t fit.

It would be better if Johnny formed a team with Peter separate from FF. It would be a fun diversion.
    Spider-Man, Human Torch, Iceman and Firestar? Fantastic Friends!

Others could rotate in and out. Angel or Hawkeye or Crystal or Nova (Richard Ryder) could be interesting options.

Ben could form his own Monster Stompers group with himself, She-Hulk, Sharon Ventura and Dragon Man, or Elsa Bloodstone, Blade, Man-Thing, etc. (depending on whether or not 'monster stompers' is defined as 'stompers *of* monsters' or 'stompers who *are* monsters' or 'yes, to both').
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-28-2020 at 06:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Spider-Man, Human Torch, Iceman and Firestar? Fantastic Friends!

Others could rotate in and out. Angel or Hawkeye or Crystal or Nova (Richard Ryder) could be interesting options.

Ben could form his own Monster Stompers group with himself, She-Hulk, Sharon Ventura and Dragon Man, or Elsa Bloodstone, Blade, Man-Thing, etc. (depending on whether or not 'monster stompers' is defined as 'stompers *of* monsters' or 'stompers who *are* monsters' or 'yes, to both').
    The nugget there, each of the Four forming their own teams is kind of interesting. Reed already has The Illuminati. So each of the rest could create their own sub-teams.

Johnny's team would be based on his side gig as a car mechanic and inventor, so I think it should be powers and gadgets, so maybe Him, Spider-Man, Scott Lang, and Ironheart to round up the group. They would all travel around on the Spider-Mobile. Maybe others can add others but remember should all fit the Spider-Mobile.

Susan Storm's is already, I think, the A-Force. So add in the Monster-Stompers, the Illuminati, Johnny's Krazy Kwartet and you got a Four Fantastic Sub-Teams.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Susan Storm's is already, I think, the A-Force. So add in the Monster-Stompers, the Illuminati, Johnny's Krazy Kwartet and you got a Four Fantastic Sub-Teams.
    That would be cool.

Just because I am insane, I would want to see Sue teamed up with all the various other force field ladies, like Cecelia Reyes, Skids Blevins, Armor and Unuscione. (Maybe Radius, to have that all important token dude...) It's not quite as common a powerset as telepathy, but it's certainly a concept they float, and abandon, every five or ten years or so, creating and then forgetting a new character every time...

Johnny's 'Fantastic Friends,' in addition to Spider-Man, has to include Daken and / or Frankie Raye as options, along with Iceman, Crystal, Nova, Firestar, Black Cat, Prowler, Will O' Wisp, Sandman, etc. And with team name like 'Fantastic Friends' or 'Monster Stompers,' they doesn't even have to be limited to four members, but can have more or less, without the awkwardness of changing the name to Terrific Three to Fabulous Five or Sensational Six or Spectacular Seven or Excellent Eight, whenever someone comes or goes.

Astonishing Member

The nugget there, each of the Four forming their own teams is kind of interesting. Reed already has The Illuminati. So each of the rest could create their own sub-teams.

Johnny's team would be based on his side gig as a car mechanic and inventor, so I think it should be powers and gadgets, so maybe Him, Spider-Man, Scott Lang, and Ironheart to round up the group. They would all travel around on the Spider-Mobile. Maybe others can add others but remember should all fit the Spider-Mobile.

Franklin had the Fantastic Force, where he went by the moniker - Psi-Lord!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Franklin had the Fantastic Force, where he went by the moniker - Psi-Lord!
    So Valeria needs a team. One with her, Shuri, Victorious, Miles Morales, Valkyrie.

Most likely it would be MCU Holland Peter prattling around Mr. Richards and comparing him with Mr. Stark and so on...it would be super-annoying.
    This kind of reminds me of why I’ve been nervous about the Power Pack joining the MCU despite Feige’s clear interest in it. I’m worried they’d turn the kids into Avengers fanboys and fangirls always going on about how awesome they are and how they want to be Avengers when they grow up, when in the comics they were much closer to the Fantastic Four and the X-Men than they ever were to the Avengers. I’m still worried and hope if they introduce them that it’s timed right.

I guess the overall issue goes back to them pushing Avengers above all else.

Superior Spider-Man plot would have been cut short because Valeria and Franklin would have sense something wrong with Uncle Peter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Superior Spider-Man plot would have been cut short because Valeria and Franklin would have sense something wrong with Uncle Peter
    Superior Spider-Man won’t be adapted to start with.

Ultimate Member

Now I kind of wonder who'd make a good 'Spider Four' if Peter were to assemble a replacement Fantastic Four (or there was an AU where it was Peter and three others from the jump).

Peter Parker (as Reed), Black Cat or Silver Sable (as Sue), Sandman (in Ben's role) and ???. Will O' Wisp or Iceman feels most like Johnny, specifically, but the relationships to the original FF members don't have to be even close, and someone like the Prowler could work here, too.

I wouldn't want it all Spider-peeps, although a Four of Peter, Miles, Silk and Ghost Spider could be fun for a one-shot.

BANNED

Spider-Man fanboying over the FF, or the X-Men for that matter, would feel wrong too if it was done the way the MCU they did it.

Spider-Man fits with the Fantastic Four because tonally they have a lot more in common than Peter hanging out with Stark. In some senses Peter has all the aspects of the Four -- Reed's brains, Sue's warmth and compassion, Ben Grimm's New York Minute braggadoccio, Johnny Storm's ego. So he bounces off well with all of the Four.

Spider-Man is allowed to be more mature than Johnny Storm while other times he's just as much stuffed with testosterone. Whereas he's never really allowed any real respect among the Avengers, either in comics or the MCU.

Most likely it would be MCU Holland Peter prattling around Mr. Richards and comparing him with Mr. Stark and so on...it would be super-annoying.
    I question the point of even talking about the character if you're apparently incapable of saying anything not in bad faith.

Does this mean we get to set the Spider-Man on fire? If so, I'm all for it!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    What, with Superior's crappy character writing where characters who consistently noticed impostors before suddenly can't see that Peter isn't Peter? Yeah, I doubt they would escape that lol.

Either way, I would only really see Spidey joining the team if they did a Fantastic Five kind of thing, Johnny or any other member being gone for good just so he could join would just be wrong for F4, not to mention disrespectful too, though again, if it's just temporary it's more acceptable, wouldn't even be the first time F4 does that too.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Nobody asking if Spidey's powerset complements the rest of the FF's the way Johnny's does? They've been a family so long the synergy between their powers is almost second nature.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Nobody asking if Spidey's powerset complements the rest of the FF's the way Johnny's does? They've been a family so long the synergy between their powers is almost second nature.
    Good point. There might be a whole subplot of having to figure out how to synergize with Spider-Man to compensate with the lack of Johnny.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

In fairness, I do think it is is possible to combine Peter's and Sue's powers effectively. The possibilities of invisible webbing, or webbing and force fields as multi-stage containment, are out there.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES